U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:27 PM

11,739 posts, read 11,594,406 times

Advertisements

It is a team sport, and I'll never understand why winning a SB becomes a QB stat of how good they are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,204,816 times
Carolina @ Denver ---- I know the game is already over, but I live in Colorado
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta ---Toss-up, so I'll go for the home team
Buffalo @Baltimore --- Seem to have recovered from last years injuries and playing at home
Chicago @ Houston --- Osweiler is way better than Cutler (but not good enough for $18m)
Green Bay @ Jacksonville --- The Pack is back!
San Diego @ Kansas City --- Want SD to win, but KC is a much better team
Oakland @ New Orleans --- Want NO to win, but the Raiders are a better team
Cincinnati @ NY Jets --- Bengals will win a lot, until January
Cleveland @ Philadelphia --- Two teams in rebuilding mode, going for the home team
Minnesota @ Tennessee --- Even with Bradford
Miami @ Seattle --- Seahawks at home
NY Giants @ Dallas --- Rookie QB against a Manning!
Detroit @ Indianapolis --- Feeling Lucky
New England @ Arizona --- Even with Tommy Boy, the Cards would win
Pittsburgh @ Washington --- Might be wishful thinking
L.A. Rams @ San Francisco --- Welcome home Rams!

Old 09-10-2016, 10:41 PM

6,575 posts, read 4,531,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Season: 0-0

As usual, I'll pick the Thursday night game first and get the rest in later in the week:

Carolina @ Denver. Everyone's overlooking the Broncos with their QB situation. Yes, it's bad, and it may be the worst collection of starters from a defending champion, but let's be honest with ourselves: The QB position wasn't how they won games last year, they won games with their defense. They've lost some guys off of that defense, but I think the defense will carry them to an opening night win.

Alright! Got lucky on the first game, and week 1, outside of week 17 when you have a bunch of bench guys & practice squad guys ending the season, is the toughest week to pick. Let's hope I can improve on my dismal record from last year. Doubtful it will, but it won't be without trying .

Buffalo @ Baltimore. This is a tough game. Baltimore should be a lot healthier and a lot better then they were last year while Buffalo will try to capitalize in the 4 weeks Brady's out. Usually in toss ups I pick the team I like least (or in this case since I'm a Ravens fan pick against them that way I win either way) but I have a good feeling about the Ravens pulling it out.
Chicago @ Houston. I expect the Colts will be better along with the Titans & Jaguars, so these are the games they can ill afford to lose if they want to repeat as division champs.
Green Bay @ Jacksonville. I've got Jacksonville as a sleeper this year, but imo, the Pack are too much for them. With that said I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jacksonville won, so can I give myself a half point if they do win??
Cleveland @ Philadelphia. If you make your pro debut against the Browns, does that really count??
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta. Atlanta usually starts hot and collapses late in the season.
Minnesota @ Tennessee. Mariotta 30 touchdown passes this year??
Cincinnati @ NY Jets. How is Marvin Lewis still the coach there??
Oakland @ New Orleans. I'm also on board the Raiders bandwagon as well. Saints still can't stop anyone and the Raiders have deep threats that can light up the scoreboard. Their defense also isn't too shabby.
San Diego @ Kansas City. See the Texans: The Raiders look improved, Broncos defense is still good, lot of teams competiting for Wildcards in the AFC, if the Chiefs want to get back to the playoffs they can ill afford to lose games like this.
Miami @ Seattle. I think this will be a lot closer than it should be, mainly because the Hawks seem to struggle out of the gates, but they win it late.
Detroit @ Indianapolis. Who replaces Calvin Johnson??
NY Giants @ Dallas. Is there a rule in the rulebook somewhere that I don't know about that states the Giants & Cowboys MUST face each other in week 1?? Good grief! Enough with these 2 teams playing in week 1?? And how come the week 1 games always seems like it ends up in Dallas??
New England @ Arizona. Even with Brady I probably still would've picked Arizona, with Gronk out along with Brady this seems too good to be true, and if something seems too good to be true, most of the time it is. I have a hunch in the Pats pulling this out.
Pittsburgh @ Washington. Football game, and the baseball team is playing the Mets the same night. I know they don't play in the same stadium, or even in the same complex like the Ravens/Orioles, Eagles/Phillies, Pirates/Steelers, etc but this seems cruel to have both the football & baseball team both playing home games the same night. A lot of Mets fans come down for this series, so they could really outnumber Nationals fans 2/1 or 3/1 since most of those fans football is STILL the #1 sport even though the baseball team has 84 wins. It'll be a ghost town at the baseball stadium which makes me sad since I'm a Nationals fan.
Los Angeles (feels really weird yet really cool typing that!) @ San Francisco. Since Kaep is holding a clipboard and wearing a headset, will people actually care whether he stands for the anthem or not?? Also, are they going to play the anthem earlier before the players come out like the women's soccer team did the other day??

Old 09-11-2016, 10:57 AM

3,971 posts, read 2,525,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It is a team sport, and I'll never understand why winning a SB becomes a QB stat of how good they are!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been saying that for years! Especially when they continually say, "The ultimate team sport."

Old 09-11-2016, 10:59 AM

Starting off this year, just like I did last year--forgetting the Thursday game! Here are the rest of my picks right under the wire:

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Buffalo @ Baltimore
Chicago @ Houston
Green Bay @ Jacksonville
San Diego @ Kansas City
Oakland @ New Orleans
Cincinnati @ NY Jets
Cleveland @ Philadelphia
Minnesota @ Tennessee
Miami @ Seattle
NY Giants @ Dallas
Detroit @ Indianapolis
New England @ Arizona
Pittsburgh @ Washington
L.A. Rams @ San Francisco

Old 09-11-2016, 02:46 PM

9,447 posts, read 17,480,235 times
Woohoo! 9-1 after the early games. (Missed Falcons/Bucs)

I had to get that in before I end up 9-7 for the week.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 1,978,427 times
Raiders have to gamble on a 2-point conversion to win. Hard to believe that a team with so many penalties can pull off a win.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:06 PM

Oakland with the big win!

Old 09-11-2016, 03:15 PM

11,739 posts, read 11,594,406 times
This is a first for me, I'm 9-1, too! Sloppy game by the Packers but I'll take the win.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:22 PM

2,635 posts, read 2,961,000 times
I'm 7-3 so far, that Oakland game was a nail biter man! That 2 point conversion and the Saint's missed game winning fg! Chiefs had a great comeback, and Minnesota had a good comeback too. Honestly, so did Oakland. Good games. I'm watching NYG vs DAL right now, 7-6 to NYG so far...well, Bryant may have just caught a TD, depending on the review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football