U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:14 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
nmnita is correct. I'm disgusted by most professional sports and have given up on most. Crazy high salaries, ticket prices and concession prices that put attending games out of reach for the average guy, constant commercials on TV during the games, and then the media treating these folks like they are gods. Add to that the lack of consistent officiating. In the NFL, the receivers seem like they have to almost be assaulted before anyone will throw a flag and call pass interference.

And its disgust with the system in general in professional sports

NBA. Lax adherence to the rules and star system officiating? It doesn't even look like what the basketball I used to play. No interest.

MLB: 4 hour games? like watching paint dry. Sitting and sweating in the hot sun if you go to the game. NO.

NASCAR: Left turn, repeat, repeat? No way.

The only thing I really like to watch when it comes to professional sports anymore is College Football. Also, believe it or not, Professional cycling is actually very interesting to watch. All kinds of strategy going on. And in all cases, the players aren't being paid crazy high salaries, and therefore, average folks can go and attend the events. I also like professional golf, but not to watch on TV in most cases. Attending the tournament is much more fun, even if its not the last day.
College football is NOT professional. It's AMATEUR.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:39 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,011,202 times
NO WAY am I going to protest, my Rams are back in LA (where they belong) and I am going to the opener in SF on Monday Night.

Although I agree with the issues CK has, I wont even notice if CK is on a knee. I will be more looking out to see the number one overall pick Jarrod Goff in sweats on the sidelines. :-(

Old 09-09-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
NO WAY am I going to protest, my Rams are back in LA (where they belong) and I am going to the opener in SF on Monday Night.
I personally like the Rams being as the Los Angeles Rams and I am convinced St. Louis will never get another NFL team again though I wouldn't be surprised if the Arizona Cardinals would relocate to become the St. Louis Cardinals again.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:16 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I personally like the Rams being as the Los Angeles Rams and I am convinced St. Louis will never get another NFL team again though I wouldn't be surprised if the Arizona Cardinals would relocate to become the St. Louis Cardinals again.

where will this new St Louis Cardinals team play if not in St Louis?

Old 09-09-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
where will this new St Louis Cardinals team play if not in St Louis?
I don't know but I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals went back to St. Louis. That way it would be the St. Louis Cardinals and Los Angeles Rams as it was for many, many years.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:33 AM

71,925 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
No, I haven't given up.

I watch the London game when my hometown team plays, but otherwise no. I don't mind the concept of the London games, but the early morning Sunday time rarely works for me. Maybe Saturday afternoon (nighttime in London) would be better?

But I think the NFL avoids Saturday games so as not to conflict with college football, except at the very end of the season and by then college football has mostly concluded anyway.

But why not Friday night games instead of Thursday?

I have never watched the Pro Bowl game, not even as a child; well, maybe once.

With YouTube and other internet-based media nowadays, it is easy to watch even extended highlights of all the games several hours after their conclusion. There is a wide variety of providers, official or not, some with and some without commentators.
Friday night would not work well either: it conflicts with high school football, and a rare college game. We have to realize, even some of us who live for pro or college football there are others who do not.

As for the Pro bowl, we don't watch it either. We don't watch the baseball all star game, but not with the same excitement we watch football on weekends.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:38 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
I don't know but I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals went back to St. Louis. That way it would be the St. Louis Cardinals and Los Angeles Rams as it was for many, many years.

oh, well in that case, shouldn't the LA Rams move to Cleveland?

Old 09-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oh, well in that case, shouldn't the LA Rams move to Cleveland?
The Rams were already known as the Cleveland Rams in the 1930s until 1946. I think Raiders should be known as the Las Vegas Raiders or at least the Los Angeles Raiders since Las Vegas wants an NFL franchise.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:02 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
The Rams were already known as the Cleveland Rams in the 1930s until 1946. I think Raiders should be known as the Las Vegas Raiders or at least the Los Angeles Raiders since Las Vegas wants an NFL franchise.
Actually, Jonny... according to that logic, shouldn't the Cardinals move back to Chicago?

Old 09-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Actually, Jonny... according to that logic, shouldn't the Cardinals move back to Chicago?
If they move back to Chicago, then they would probably have to share Soldier Field with the Bears, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or