U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:16 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,271,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Please elaborate on why this would happen. The Cardinals are now entrenched in metro Phoenix. They're easily the most popular pro sports team in town. They've eclipsed the Suns who were the Phoenix originals. Very bizarre statement.
Says you. I am just saying I wish they could do it, it's only an afterthought, period.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:05 PM

1,018 posts, read 582,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw this article today, and thought, maybe I should just give up on the whole mess of self important spoiled babies. Most of these guys have been treated special and better than most of us, and then they want to lecture us?

Seahawks players may expand national anthem protest Sunday vs Dolphins | KOMO
I so agree. And especially after last night. Why are athletes against America as a whole?

Old 09-09-2016, 10:49 PM

32,542 posts, read 26,465,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I so agree. And especially after last night. Why are athletes against America as a whole?
this is the problem with protests like this. these people are not against america as a whole, but rather some of the abuses they see against people of color. the problem though is their method of protesting gives the false impression that these people hate america.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:19 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,222,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Why do you assume that?

Old 09-10-2016, 07:19 AM

16,534 posts, read 21,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
If they move back to Chicago, then they would probably have to share Soldier Field with the Bears, of course.
Of course? Ummm, no.

The Chicago Bears played their games at Wrigley Field from 1921 to 1970.

The Chicago Cardinals, with the exception of a couple years, played their games at Comiskey Park from 1922 to 1959. George Halas and Chris O'Brien of the Chicago Cardinals didn't have a lot to do with each other so the decision to play at different stadiums was the only thing they could agree on.

The Cardinals moved to St. Louis for the 1960 season.

The Bears moved to Soldier Field for the 1971 season.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:45 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,529,648 times
Quote:
I saw this article today, and thought, maybe I should just give up on the whole mess of self important spoiled babies. Most of these guys have been treated special and better than most of us, and then they want to lecture us?

After suffering nasty hangovers from drinking so much perpetual w(h)ine served up by America's victimized classes, I've become inured. It no longer bothers me.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:16 AM

4,970 posts, read 2,218,244 times
Moronic drivel served up to you steaming hot and fresh by the media.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:23 AM

2,050 posts, read 1,121,205 times
Quote:

To be honest the closest thing I do to supporting my team, the Browns, is watch their games. A long time ago I decided not to drop a penny on the NFL for other reasons. They are just darned greedy. The same jerseys you can buy online at 'certain' sites for $30-40 the NFL charges well over $200, and sometimes over $300. PSL license fees for seats, like the Browns charged when they came back into the league, etc., etc., turned me off.

In one of the Browns' forums on Scout.com I posted what I thought would be my final decision of whether to stop watching over the current issue. I said I wasn't going to stop watching a game I love, the NFL, due to some 20-something year old know nothings who's brains aren't fully developed yet, protesting an issue I know they are wrong about and that I find extremely offensive. Said I just wouldn't give a darn about any player that protests while the national anthem is being sung. They are nothing but pampered athletes who make incredible amounts of money to play a game - in this country that gave them that opportunity. Least they could do is respect the flag, the anthem, and all those who serve to protect this country and our communities. If they have opinions that I disagree with, fine, but there are appropriate ways of making their voices and actions heard and seen, during the national anthem is not one of them.

I consider what the Seahawks are planning as completely disgraceful, disrespectful and inappropriate, and on the 15th anniversary of 9/11 to top it off. If the Browns do anything like this I'm out for good. One or two players doing something stupid I can deal with by always viewing them as the dirtbags they are, but if the team as a whole does something like the coaches and players are planning on in Seattle, no way can I ever watch the team again, no matter how good they become.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,292,378 times
Quote:

It irks me and I might give up on the NFL and sell off the tickets I have for the upcoming season. But I have to say, my team Bucs have forever given special attention to the military, police, and first responders before each game, and have always done a great job in presenting the National Anthem and Flag presentation, so maybe they shouldn't suffer because of a few low IQ, dense, disrespectful players. We have a couple of players like Vincent Jackson, WR, #83 that has a foundation for military and programs in our city for them. Maybe what he does can counter our feelings about a couple of players.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:50 AM

4,308 posts, read 1,869,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
But I have to say, my team Bucs have forever given special attention to the military, police, and first responders before each game, and have always done a great job in presenting the National Anthem and Flag presentation, so maybe they shouldn't suffer because of a few low IQ, dense, disrespectful players.
Were they also charging our military to serve tribute?

I don't recall if it was every team was doing this or just a quarter or half of the teams. I don't know what the number was, so it is possible the Bucs were not doing this. But IMO, any team doing that, that IMO, is more disrespectful than what Kaepernick and some of these players have done. These teams were essentially charging the tax payer to honor our flag and service members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or