Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 09:24 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,022,378 times

Advertisements

Let's say your team plays at 1pm and loses the game, can you watch the very next game at 4pm between two other teams?

I never can get myself up to watch the very next game after my team loses because I am so mad and ranting on social media about why they lost the game during the 4pm game. So maybe today if my team loses I can watch the 8pm game tonight but I will be not be all that eager to watch that 4pm game today especially after a 0-2 start.

Can anyone else watch another game right away after their team loses?

Last edited by renter16; 09-18-2016 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 09:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,699,678 times
this is called being a fan of the team. yes i can watch the very next game my team plays, even if they are on a losing streak. for instance, i watched the cowboys win five super bowls, i also watched the cowboys when they went 1-15. now why would i do this? because i am a cowboys fan, have been since 1972.

if you are going to support a team, you need to do it even when they are losing, otherwise you are a fair weather fan, and essentially worthless as a fan in my opinion.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is called being a fan of the team. yes i can watch the very next game my team plays, even if they are on a losing streak. for instance, i watched the cowboys win five super bowls, i also watched the cowboys when they went 1-15. now why would i do this? because i am a cowboys fan, have been since 1972.

if you are going to support a team, you need to do it even when they are losing, otherwise you are a fair weather fan, and essentially worthless as a fan in my opinion.
No you may have misunderstood me, I mean if your team plays at 1pm and the next game is at 4pm between two other teams. Are you all that eager to watch it after your team just lost the 1pm game.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM

22,346 posts, read 47,322,635 times
My husband does.

But he never is "so mad and ranting on social media about why they lost the game" like you say you are.

Why waste your time like that? - is HIS thoughts on the matter! It does not change a thing...

Old 09-18-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
My husband does.

But he never is "so mad and ranting on social media about why they lost the game" like you say you are.

Why waste your time like that? - is HIS thoughts on the matter! It does not change a thing...
I am basically talking to other frustrated fans on social about the loss to feel better

Old 09-18-2016, 09:40 AM

6,402 posts, read 8,941,541 times
Sure. But I always leave the bar after my game is over. Win or loose I don't feel compelled to keep my tab growing to watch games I have no genuine interest in. When my game ends I run my weekend errands. If there's still a game on when I return sometimes I watch, sometimes I don't. Frustration with my team does not prevent me from watching other games.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,699,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
No you may have misunderstood me, I mean if your team plays at 1pm and the next game is at 4pm between two other teams. Are you all that eager to watch it after your team just lost the 1pm game.
ok, my mistake. and yes i do watch the next games. i am also a fan of the sport as well as the teams.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:57 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,584,499 times
Quote:
Let's say your team plays at 1pm and loses the game, can you watch the very next game at 4pm between two other teams?

I never can get myself up to watch the very next game after my team loses because I am so mad and ranting on social media about why they lost the game during the 4pm game. So maybe today if my team loses I can watch the 8pm game tonight but I will be not be all that eager to watch that 4pm game today especially after a 0-2 start.

Not when my boot's jammed inside the TV.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:52 AM

9,706 posts, read 7,387,079 times
Quote:

I aren't normally able to watch Texans or Ravens games in Connecticut with the Giants, Jets & Patriots eating up CBS & FOX, but if they do happen to be on TV, I normally turn on Redzone afterwards anyways, and when they aren't on like they usually are I just leave Redzone on all day from 1 to 7:45 or whenever the coverage goes off the air.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:37 PM

14,304 posts, read 14,553,844 times
I watch other games, doesn't matter to me. I've never been able to understand how people react after games, especially on the internet, it is just a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football