U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 07:45 AM

1,193 posts, read 718,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
And all of the talking heads in preseason had the Giants winning, or as the best team in the division. I'm loving this--I hate the Giants more than I hate the Cowboys...

I didn't put a prediction on Washington this week, because I wasn't sure they could pull it out. The defense pleasantly surprised me. Granted, we didn't play an elite offense, but that was our most consistent defensive effort of the year, and there's cause to believe we can steadily improve. We got a consistent pass rush against a weak offensive line, but we haven't been able to do that. I'm loving what I'm seeing from Will Compton! Our secondary certainly played it's best game to this point. Now on to the next test...

Listen, anybody saying they know who will win this division is lying, but the Skins are going to be in the mix. The Giants under Coughlin were always apt to late-season surges, so there's that. The Cowboys will have their moment--they are playing one of the softest schedules in the league. The Eagles to me may be the most complete team in the division. However, the Redskins will be up to the challenge. This team is gaining confidence week-to-week, and while Cousins still made his usual 3-4 nutty plays, he's spreading the ball around (8 different receivers). Not picking a winner, but the Skins will come to play!

Everyone said the Bengals was the first good team the cowboys would play and they won so now it's a soft schedule?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I said it before, you can't crown a team division champs in the NFC East after four games. Like always, it will come down to the last couple of games of the season. The Cowboys looked unstoppable, yesterday, and if they beat Green Bay IN Green Bay, that's going to raise some eyebrows. It's quite possible you see the Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys all sitting at or around 6-2 by the time they have all played eight games. All three teams are looking strong right now.

The Giants, on the other hand, look like one of those teams that will leave you at the alter. They tend to play teams pretty strong and close, but when it comes down to crunch time, they implode. When the 'skins played the Giants, I would say you put that blame on Eli Manning, but I'm not sure if he's to blame for their woes or not. I think Eli is still a heck of a quarterback.

This is exactly how I want the NFC East to be. Anyone who's calling this division the NFC "LEAST" is completely uninformed. This might be the most competitive division in the league.
Not sure why the philly media is so confident the eagles will beat the skins next week.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:02 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,240,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Not sure why the philly media is so confident the eagles will beat the skins next week.
The Redskins are a dangerous team. They almost seem to be a harder team to beat when you have them on the ropes. If the Eagles beat the Redskins, it won't be an easy task.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The Redskins are a dangerous team. They almost seem to be a harder team to beat when you have them on the ropes. If the Eagles beat the Redskins, it won't be an easy task.
Exactly, they acting like it will be a cakewalk

Big games for all the NFC east teams next week which are all on TV in my area

1pm. Ravens at Giants..CBS

1pm..Eagles at Skins.....FOX

4:30pm...Cowboys at Packers....FOX

Old 10-10-2016, 08:18 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,240,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Exactly, they acting like it will be a cakewalk

Big games for all the NFC east teams next week which are all on TV in my area

1pm. Ravens at Giants..CBS

1pm..Eagles at Skins.....FOX

4:30pm...Cowboys at Packers....FOX
LOL! It's definitely not going to be a cakewalk. But, I hope the Eagles take the Redskins lightly. I want them to think it's a cakewalk.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
LOL! It's definitely not going to be a cakewalk. But, I hope the Eagles take the Redskins lightly. I want them to think it's a cakewalk.
And they should know that from what happened at the end of last year with Cousins in December. But I know the media is the HYPE business and they have to get the fans pumped up for the game,

Then I heard one fool on the radio say this....."Its good that we got this loss out of the way now"

HUH??? Does he think the eagles going 15-1 now? lol There are going to be more losses to come as the season goes on with the Vikings and Cowboys being on the schedule after the skins.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:45 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,945,654 times
Quote:
I said it before, you can't crown a team division champs in the NFC East after four games. Like always, it will come down to the last couple of games of the season. The Cowboys looked unstoppable, yesterday, and if they beat Green Bay IN Green Bay, that's going to raise some eyebrows. It's quite possible you see the Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys all sitting at or around 6-2 by the time they have all played eight games. All three teams are looking strong right now.

The Giants, on the other hand, look like one of those teams that will leave you at the alter. They tend to play teams pretty strong and close, but when it comes down to crunch time, they implode. When the 'skins played the Giants, I would say you put that blame on Eli Manning, but I'm not sure if he's to blame for their woes or not. I think Eli is still a heck of a quarterback.

This is exactly how I want the NFC East to be. Anyone who's calling this division the NFC "LEAST" is completely uninformed. This might be the most competitive division in the league.
I don't see all three teams at 6-2 - not going to happen.

Redskins: have to beat the Eagles, the Lions and the Bengals. All three are beatable teams, so the Skins could easily end up at 6-2. But the Eagles will be pissed after their loss. The Lions showed they can be tough. And the Bengals, despite their loss to the Cowboys, are still a tough team. I see the Skins, best case scenario at 6-2 and worse case scenario at 5-3 after 8 games.

Eagles: have to beat the Redskins, the Vikings, the Cowboys and the Giants. The Redskins are a tough and dangerous team, and could easily hand the Eagles the L, as division games can go either way. The Vikings are absurdly good and are 5-0, I don't see the Eagles winning here. The Cowboys are playing lights out right now, and can easily hand the Eagles a L. The Giants, while playing pretty crumby, are still division rivals and this game can go either way. I see Eagles at 5-3 best case scenario, and potentially 4-4 after their 8 game stretch.

Cowboys: have to beat Green Bay, the Eagles, and the Browns. Cowboys are playing lights out, yes, but Green Bay is nearly impossible to beat in Green Bay. The Eagles are also going to be tough even though I think the Cowboys are the better team right now. And the Browns could be an easy W, but have been playing more competitively and shouldn't be taken lightly. I see the best case scenario, the Cowboys could be 7-1 after 8 games, but could also be 5-3.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
I don't see all three teams at 6-2 - not going to happen.

Redskins: have to beat the Eagles, the Lions and the Bengals. All three are beatable teams, so the Skins could easily end up at 6-2. But the Eagles will be pissed after their loss. The Lions showed they can be tough. And the Bengals, despite their loss to the Cowboys, are still a tough team. I see the Skins, best case scenario at 6-2 and worse case scenario at 5-3 after 8 games.

Eagles: have to beat the Redskins, the Vikings, the Cowboys and the Giants. The Redskins are a tough and dangerous team, and could easily hand the Eagles the L, as division games can go either way. The Vikings are absurdly good and are 5-0, I don't see the Eagles winning here. The Cowboys are playing lights out right now, and can easily hand the Eagles a L. The Giants, while playing pretty crumby, are still division rivals and this game can go either way. I see Eagles at 5-3 best case scenario, and potentially 4-4 after their 8 game stretch.

Cowboys: have to beat Green Bay, the Eagles, and the Browns. Cowboys are playing lights out, yes, but Green Bay is nearly impossible to beat in Green Bay. The Eagles are also going to be tough even though I think the Cowboys are the better team right now. And the Browns could be an easy W, but have been playing more competitively and shouldn't be taken lightly. I see the best case scenario, the Cowboys could be 7-1 after 8 games, but could also be 5-3.
If cowboys beat the packers, they lose to the eagles and beat the browns....6-2

If cowboys lose to the packers, they beat the eagles and the browns......6-2

So I see 6-2 for sure for Dallas.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:54 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,945,654 times
^^Same. My bold prediction of the week, I see the NFC East standings after 8 games as:

Cowboys: 6-2
Eagles: 5-3
Redskins: 5-3
Giants: 3-5

Old 10-10-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
^^Same. My bold prediction of the week, I see the NFC East standings after 8 games as:

Cowboys: 6-2
Eagles: 5-3
Redskins: 5-3
Giants: 3-5
Sounds right because the eagles are losing 2 of the next 3 games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or