U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 10:54 AM

5,900 posts, read 4,477,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
^^Same. My bold prediction of the week, I see the NFC East standings after 8 games as:

Cowboys: 6-2
Eagles: 5-3
Redskins: 5-3
Giants: 3-5
I wouldn't be too upset if the Redskins were 5-3 by their bye week, so as long as they beat the Eagles. They can afford to drop a game to the Bengals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 11:27 AM

1,193 posts, read 759,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I wouldn't be too upset if the Redskins were 5-3 by their bye week, so as long as they beat the Eagles. They can afford to drop a game to the Bengals.
But it was proven yesterday that the Bengals are not that much of a threat to beat anyone

Old 10-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
But it was proven yesterday that the Bengals are not that much of a threat to beat anyone
True. What I'm saying is, if the 'skins had to drop a third game before their bye week, I would not want it to be against an NFC team, especially an NFC East team.

The Cincy game is going to be interesting. That is their early morning, London game. I have no idea how the team will respond to that game.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
True. What I'm saying is, if the 'skins had to drop a third game before their bye week, I would not want it to be against an NFC team, especially an NFC East team.

The Cincy game is going to be interesting. That is their early morning, London game. I have no idea how the team will respond to that game.
I;m still surprised they have stuck with Andy Dalton all this time as their QB I mean after 0-5 in the playoffs as a starter you would think they would be looking for a change

Old 10-10-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I;m still surprised they have stuck with Andy Dalton all this time as their QB I mean after 0-5 in the playoffs as a starter you would think they would be looking for a change
Well shoot, just look how long Coach Marvin Lewis has hung around. He should've been fired years ago! The fact that the Bengals organization hasn't jettisoned Lewis tells you everything you need to know about Andy Dalton.

Although I have to say, Dalton is usually money during the season. He can get ya into the post season, but after that, you're on your own! I believe some NFL teams are just happy getting into the post season. It's enough to put butts in the seats and make for an enjoyable NFL experience for the fans during the season, but there's no investment to improve the team to get past that first playoff game.

Us Redskins fans probably would trade the last 16+ years for several 10+ win seasons and playoff appearances that exit after the first wild card game. Can't say we're a bad team or even mediocre, just not good enough to be contenders. But then again, there's something about when your team advances in the playoffs, and you see how close you come to getting to the big game. Even if your team doesn't go all the way, you have this hope and expectation that they're capable.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:46 PM

33,104 posts, read 27,500,496 times
Quote:
I don't see all three teams at 6-2 - not going to happen.

Redskins: have to beat the Eagles, the Lions and the Bengals. All three are beatable teams, so the Skins could easily end up at 6-2. But the Eagles will be pissed after their loss. The Lions showed they can be tough. And the Bengals, despite their loss to the Cowboys, are still a tough team. I see the Skins, best case scenario at 6-2 and worse case scenario at 5-3 after 8 games.

Eagles: have to beat the Redskins, the Vikings, the Cowboys and the Giants. The Redskins are a tough and dangerous team, and could easily hand the Eagles the L, as division games can go either way. The Vikings are absurdly good and are 5-0, I don't see the Eagles winning here. The Cowboys are playing lights out right now, and can easily hand the Eagles a L. The Giants, while playing pretty crumby, are still division rivals and this game can go either way. I see Eagles at 5-3 best case scenario, and potentially 4-4 after their 8 game stretch.

Cowboys: have to beat Green Bay, the Eagles, and the Browns. Cowboys are playing lights out, yes, but Green Bay is nearly impossible to beat in Green Bay. The Eagles are also going to be tough even though I think the Cowboys are the better team right now. And the Browns could be an easy W, but have been playing more competitively and shouldn't be taken lightly. I see the best case scenario, the Cowboys could be 7-1 after 8 games, but could also be 5-3.
well said. and it proves one thing, the NFC east is probably the most competitive division in the league, with the AFC west coming in second. it also proves that anything can happen in rivalry games, especially in the NFC east.

Quote:
If cowboys beat the packers, they lose to the eagles and beat the browns....6-2

If cowboys lose to the packers, they beat the eagles and the browns......6-2

So I see 6-2 for sure for Dallas.
it is still possible for the cowboys to shoo themselves in the foot in two games, the packers and the eagles, so a 5-3 record is not out of the question

Quote:
^^Same. My bold prediction of the week, I see the NFC East standings after 8 games as:

Cowboys: 6-2
Eagles: 5-3
Redskins: 5-3
Giants: 3-5
i do hope you are right, but the cowboys being 4-4 is still not out of the question. what happens if prescott goes down with an injury? teh cowboys would have to rely on sanchez, the man most likely to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote:
no, it was rpoven yesterday that the cowboys are on top of their game right now. that can change

Quote:
at least dalton took his team to the playoffs 5 times, remember romos record in the playoffs? remember his record in just getting to the playoffs? dalton is a solid QB just like romo is. it is more likely that the rest of the team let these guys down.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:16 PM

7,121 posts, read 10,417,503 times
Rule #1 - Never pay attention to Philly media.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 PM

8,702 posts, read 12,249,033 times
^^Amen.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Rule #1 - Never pay attention to Philly media.
Oh I laugh at them now, doesn't bother me anymore.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said. and it proves one thing, the NFC east is probably the most competitive division in the league, with the AFC west coming in second. it also proves that anything can happen in rivalry games, especially in the NFC east.

it is still possible for the cowboys to shoo themselves in the foot in two games, the packers and the eagles, so a 5-3 record is not out of the question

i do hope you are right, but the cowboys being 4-4 is still not out of the question. what happens if prescott goes down with an injury? teh cowboys would have to rely on sanchez, the man most likely to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

no, it was rpoven yesterday that the cowboys are on top of their game right now. that can change

at least dalton took his team to the playoffs 5 times, remember romos record in the playoffs? remember his record in just getting to the playoffs? dalton is a solid QB just like romo is. it is more likely that the rest of the team let these guys down.
Only lose 2 games in a row if the interception man comes back for week 8(romo). No way is this team losing in a row with Dak and Elliot in the lineup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or