U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 08:40 PM

1,193 posts, read 718,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I picked them.

Bills and Skins both on four game winning streaks and back from the dead.

had no idea the Bills won 4 in a row since ESPN never talks about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 08:50 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,006 times
Of course. ESPN loves the NFC East.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
The NFC East, Pats, and Jets

Old 10-16-2016, 09:36 PM

32,501 posts, read 26,381,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
But you would pick the skins in this matchup if you were betting right?
i dont know who i would pick to be honest.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:29 PM

18,653 posts, read 27,092,504 times
Quote:
Big markets with a huge amount of fans.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Big markets with a huge amount of fans.
Yup

Philly
Boston
new York
dallas
Washington DC

Old 10-17-2016, 05:01 AM

4,214 posts, read 2,840,021 times
Quote:
I picked them.

Bills and Skins both on four game winning streaks and back from the dead.
I became a Bills fan when I lived two years in Elmira, New York. I have family in Buffalo, and I have a lot of love for that city. Good people, great fans, I'm happy f I r you and the Bills!

Also, correction: ESPN loves the NFC East minus the Redskins. They hate the Skins--Half the anchors/talkers refuse to even say "Redskins", NOBODY ever picks Washington to win, and they cover the Eagles/Cowboys/Giants exponentially more than they cover Washington...

It's okay, though. This defense has shown signs of improvement for two straight weeks, Cousins has played better and is recognizing his weapons, our run game has started to show signs of life....

I said way back in preseason, when every analyst on every network and every publication like Lindy's, Bleacher Report, Athlon Sports predicted everybody except us to win the division...I said way back then, Washington was either winning this division or coming up a game short, but they would fight for a playoff berth all year...

I'm not wavering on that...

Right now, the Cowboys are the best team in the division, and truthfully we aren't 'that' much better than Philly. But we aren't that much worse than those two, either, if one feels they are better than us. Washington is gonna be in the playoff hunt all year, and from here on, we have to continue to win in the division and watch for trap games. Detroit is a good team that could be gaining momentum. Personally, I think we're the better team, but typically Washington plays badly when they are favored...

In the preseason I thought ten wins was achievable. Our 0-2 start made me drop that forecast to 8-9, and so far I can't change that, because the meat of our schedule is in front of us--two straight on the road, three straight on the road in late November into December. But we're going to contend for the playoff position until the final day...

Old 10-17-2016, 06:40 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
In the preseason I thought ten wins was achievable. Our 0-2 start made me drop that forecast to 8-9, and so far I can't change that, because the meat of our schedule is in front of us--two straight on the road, three straight on the road in late November into December. But we're going to contend for the playoff position until the final day...
I predicted 9-7 for the Skins and fighting for the final wild card with Tampa Bay. May have gotten that half right. I did predict Dallas to win the division with a record of 11-5 or 12-4. Can't remember exactly what it was. That prediction is also not looking too bad thus far.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:07 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,945,654 times
Dallas is definitely winning the division - no doubt about it. Gotta give credit where credit is due: Dallas' O-Line is one of the best, if not THE best in the league. Prescott is playing really well yes, and so is Zek, but you could put Mark Sanchez behind that O-line and he would play well.

This is coming from an Eagles fan: **** the Eagles. They need to take serious note from Dallas and build up their O-line because ours sucks.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:13 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Philly is in a very tough spot. They're 3-2 and their upcoming schedule looks like this:

Home - Minnesota
Away - Dallas
Away - New York
Home - Atlanta
Away - Seattle
Home - Green Bay

They very well could be sitting at 4-7 after that brutal stretch.

Pederson needs to open things up and let Jordan Matthews and Darren Sproles loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or