U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-17-2016, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,245,823 times
Reputation: 3829

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Amen.. NFC East is looking like it's back to traditional form. After the Cowboys' win in Green Bay, the supposed NFC Least is a combined 15-8. And personally, I think Dallas & Washington are 2 of the best teams in the conference. We'll see.
I would love to think the Redskins are one of the best teams in the NFC, but I think those honors go to Minnesota and Dallas right now. I don't think the Redskins are too far behind those teams, though. It's been kind of a blessing in disguise that they dropped their first two games. It's forced them to play with their backs against the wall, and that has created a very dangerous team out of the Washington Redskins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2016, 11:34 AM
 
2,366 posts, read 2,132,439 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
had no idea the Bills won 4 in a row since ESPN never talks about them.
Not only they have won 4 in a row but they have outscored their opponents 124- 53.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2016, 11:39 AM
 
1,193 posts, read 719,383 times
Reputation: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Philly is in a very tough spot. They're 3-2 and their upcoming schedule looks like this:

Home - Minnesota
Away - Dallas
Away - New York
Home - Atlanta
Away - Seattle
Home - Green Bay

They very well could be sitting at 4-7 after that brutal stretch.

Pederson needs to open things up and let Jordan Matthews and Darren Sproles loose.
I say 4-6 or 5-7. I think they beat Minnesota and the giants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2016, 12:03 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,864,691 times
Reputation: 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Not only they have won 4 in a row but they have outscored their opponents 124- 53.
Yep. they are now the #1 team in the NFL in point differential at +59. One point ahead of the Pats. They've given up 20 points or more only once on the year in the Thursday Night Jets debacle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2016, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,267,205 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
I say 4-6 or 5-7. I think they beat Minnesota and the giants
They could have a chance at beating Green Bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2016, 12:40 AM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
Reputation: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Philly is in a very tough spot. They're 3-2 and their upcoming schedule looks like this:

Home - Minnesota
Away - Dallas
Away - New York
Home - Atlanta
Away - Seattle
Home - Green Bay

They very well could be sitting at 4-7 after that brutal stretch.

Pederson needs to open things up and let Jordan Matthews and Darren Sproles loose.

I'll take them 3-3 through those 6. Beat the Falcons, get 1 of: Dallas/Giants and than 1 of: Vikings/Packers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2016, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,245,823 times
Reputation: 3829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'll take them 3-3 through those 6. Beat the Falcons, get 1 of: Dallas/Giants and than 1 of: Vikings/Packers
Falcons will be hard to beat, as well as the Vikings. They can beat the Giants. Don't know about Seattle. Right now, Green bay is ripe for the picking. And I hate to say it, but the Cowboys are legit. However, the Cowboys are prime to get a loss soon. I still think winning three out of that six game stretch is going to be very impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2016, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,658 posts, read 27,108,274 times
Reputation: 9591
That is Philly problem right there. They aren't running the ball. They have had no 100 yard rusher yet this season. It's easy to defend Wentz if you remain one dimensional and it's easier to beat the oline as well. Until they learn to run, expect games like last Sunday. The fact that the Eagles either couldn't try or didn't want to is amazing to me. The Skins run defense is dead last in yards per carry in the NFL. They are 28th in yards per game. Their run defense sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2016, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,245,823 times
Reputation: 3829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That is Philly problem right there. They aren't running the ball. They have had no 100 yard rusher yet this season. It's easy to defend Wentz if you remain one dimensional and it's easier to beat the oline as well. Until they learn to run, expect games like last Sunday. The fact that the Eagles either couldn't try or didn't want to is amazing to me. The Skins run defense is dead last in yards per carry in the NFL. They are 28th in yards per game. Their run defense sucks.
Even with a sucky run defense they have still won 4 straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2016, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,658 posts, read 27,108,274 times
Reputation: 9591
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Even with a sucky run defense they have still won 4 straight.
I get that. What I'm saying is that Philly didn't take advantage of it. Either they didn't want to establish a ground game or they couldn't because their running backs is rivaling the Giants as the worst in the division at this point. Philly honestly isn't running on anyone. It was just a matter of time before teams caught wind to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top