U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 05:51 PM

1,193 posts, read 719,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree most of the time, but in this case, its possible that the eagles might just look past the vikings ahead to the cowboys. if the eagles lose to the vikings, it does hurt, but if they can turn around and beat the cowboys, it keeps them within one game of the cowboys in the division. on the other hand, if the eagles beat the vikings, and lose to the cowboys, they fall two games back in the division.

it depends on which they think more important, the overall race, or the division race. remember, you can lose every other game, outside the division, but if you win the division you still go to the playoffs.

Eagles should be worried about the skins who will likely be 5-2 after beating the Lions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 07:42 PM

32,526 posts, read 26,424,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Eagles should be worried about the skins who will likely be 5-2 after beating the Lions.
not yet anyway, they dont play the redskins again until later in the season. but they do have the cowboys and giants coming up in the next three games. they need to win two out of three, and they need to beat the cowboys to stay in the hunt for now. they lose to the cowboys and their season is in big trouble. if they lose all three games, they are in really big trouble.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not yet anyway, they dont play the redskins again until later in the season. but they do have the cowboys and giants coming up in the next three games. they need to win two out of three, and they need to beat the cowboys to stay in the hunt for now. they lose to the cowboys and their season is in big trouble. if they lose all three games, they are in really big trouble.

After seeing that November schedule for the eagles, I don't see them having more than 5 wins at the beginning of December. That schedule is brutal.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:03 AM

5,757 posts, read 4,247,370 times
Wow, the Eagles next six games is brutal. Maybe save for the Giants games, but that game is played in New Jersey. And with the Eagles having issues with their offensive line, I think the Redskins have developed a blue print for beating them.

I mean, heck, when it gets down to it, the rest of the schedule for the Eagles is rough. They have to face the NFC East again after this six game stretch, Cincy & Baltimore. I don't see an easy game for them at all.

The Redskins HAVE to beat Detroit. There's just no way around it. This is not a game they can afford to lose. They have to keep pressure on the other 2nd and 3rd place teams in the NFC. If they have to drop a game before the bye week, let them drop it to Cincy. Going into the bye at 5-3, but having beat all of the NFC teams, with the exception of Dallas, puts the 'skins in a good situation heading into the second half of the season.

And who knows? Maybe if having a bitter taste in their mouths coming out of the bye as they go up against the Vikings might give them added motivation.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Wow, the Eagles next six games is brutal. Maybe save for the Giants games, but that game is played in New Jersey. And with the Eagles having issues with their offensive line, I think the Redskins have developed a blue print for beating them.

I mean, heck, when it gets down to it, the rest of the schedule for the Eagles is rough. They have to face the NFC East again after this six game stretch, Cincy & Baltimore. I don't see an easy game for them at all.

The Redskins HAVE to beat Detroit. There's just no way around it. This is not a game they can afford to lose. They have to keep pressure on the other 2nd and 3rd place teams in the NFC. If they have to drop a game before the bye week, let them drop it to Cincy. Going into the bye at 5-3, but having beat all of the NFC teams, with the exception of Dallas, puts the 'skins in a good situation heading into the second half of the season.

And who knows? Maybe if having a bitter taste in their mouths coming out of the bye as they go up against the Vikings might give them added motivation.
The eagles are losing atleast 4 games out of the next 6. Only winnable game I see is giants.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:06 AM

3,161 posts, read 2,200,273 times
It doesn't look like this is the NFL Least anymore. Every team is above .500.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:22 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,957,957 times
Can anybody tell me how the Cowboys got the easiest schedule in the division?

Every team in the NFC East plays the same team except for two.

The Cowboys play the Buccaneers and the 49ers. A combined 4-9.
The Giants play the Saints and the Rams. A combined 5-8.
The Redskins play the Cardinals and the Panthers. A combined 4-8-1
The Eagles play the Seahawks and the Falcons. A combined 8-4-1.

What kind of BS is that? The Eagles definitely got the hardest schedule, followed by the Redskins and the Giants. The Cowboys definitely got the easiest schedule.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:34 AM

5,757 posts, read 4,247,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
They were in last place last year.

Quote:
Every team in the NFC East plays the same team except for two.
The NFC East is playing the AFC North and the NFC North divisions this year. Every year, the division has an AFC and an NFC division that is plays on rotation.

Quote:
The Cowboys play the Buccaneers and the 49ers.
The Giants play the Saints and the Rams.
The Redskins play the Cardinals and the Panthers.
The Eagles play the Seahawks and the Falcons.

What kind of BS is that? The Eagles definitely got the hardest schedule, followed by the Redskins and the Giants. The Cowboys definitely got the easiest schedule.
It makes perfect sense. The Cowboys were in last place last year, therefore, they get the last place teams. The Redskins were in first place last year, so they get the first place teams. The Eagles get the second place teams, and the Giants get the third place teams. Not sure what the problem is?

Old 10-24-2016, 11:28 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,957,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
They were in last place last year.

The NFC East is playing the AFC North and the NFC North divisions this year. Every year, the division has an AFC and an NFC division that is plays on rotation.

It makes perfect sense. The Cowboys were in last place last year, therefore, they get the last place teams. The Redskins were in first place last year, so they get the first place teams. The Eagles get the second place teams, and the Giants get the third place teams. Not sure what the problem is?
Makes sense when you put it that way but that's a pretty broken system either way, just like many broken things in the NFL. With how much an NFL team can change from year to year - I think each team in the division should play the same teams - no? Now the Cowboys, who are easily the best team in the division, also have the easiest schedule in the division.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:35 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
Quote:

It's embarrassing that you have to ask to be honest. NFL scheduling has been no secret for going on 10 plus years now.

Oddly, there is always someone who complains every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or