U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 12:07 AM

1,281 posts, read 504,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
maybe, but next week cold be a let down for the giants, since they put their all on the field tonight.
Yeah that could be true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 01:58 AM

3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
The Giants are playing the Lions next week, a team that has been the mirror image of the Giants all season long. The Giants could play a good game, and still get beat!

Old 12-12-2016, 04:42 AM

4,205 posts, read 2,822,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Giants are playing the Lions next week, a team that has been the mirror image of the Giants all season long. The Giants could play a good game, and still get beat!
This is exactly right!

The East has a very difficult schedule next week:

-Philly is at Baltimore. While they aren't playing for anything other than pride, they have to find a way to stop the bleeding. They've lost four straight but they played well yesterday. I expect them to play the Ravens tightly, mainly because Baltimore's offense isn't threatening enough to put them away, but we'll see how the Ravens look tonight...

-my Redskins have a potential trap game against the Panthers on Monday. Losing this game would be the death knell on the year, there is no option, we have to win. I think most people would believe we're a better team than Carolina, but Carolina has also gone 4-3 after starting the year 1-5. That means they've been very competitive the last two months and I expect us to win, but it will probably be very, very close...

-the Giants play their 2016 twin in the Lions. These two teams are so similar it's not even funny. I need the Giants to lose, but this could go either way. Maybe the slight edge goes to the Lions because their on a 5-game win streak and they have the better QB. But the Giants are more battle-tested, have beat the best team twice and have a better win percentage (.600) versus playoff hopefuls than the Lions (.500)...

-the Cowboys have the hottest team in football coming to town next Sunday in the Bucs. I'm becoming a believer. That defense was not good the first half of the year. They are good now, they can play. This will be three straight games that the Boys play a top-shelf defense--they beat the Vikings but there were some concerning trends in that game. This will not be an easy game for Dallas and for two straight weeks now, that offense had less than 265 yards, 2-22 on 3rd downs, 4 turnovers, and scored just 24 points, against great defenses. Not to toot my own horn, but I've said all year that Dallas will struggle against better defenses. Can they still find a way to win like they did against Minnesota? Absolutely. But there are SIGNS that this team can be in some real trouble going forward, IF you can play or have a GREAT defense...

Personally, I'd like the Giants and Cowboys to both lose. Obviously, I think it's realistic, and I think it's not out of the question that all four teams lose. The East has a very tough week upcoming, indeed...

Old 12-12-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This is exactly right!

The East has a very difficult schedule next week:

-Philly is at Baltimore. While they aren't playing for anything other than pride, they have to find a way to stop the bleeding. They've lost four straight but they played well yesterday. I expect them to play the Ravens tightly, mainly because Baltimore's offense isn't threatening enough to put them away, but we'll see how the Ravens look tonight...

-my Redskins have a potential trap game against the Panthers on Monday. Losing this game would be the death knell on the year, there is no option, we have to win. I think most people would believe we're a better team than Carolina, but Carolina has also gone 4-3 after starting the year 1-5. That means they've been very competitive the last two months and I expect us to win, but it will probably be very, very close...

-the Giants play their 2016 twin in the Lions. These two teams are so similar it's not even funny. I need the Giants to lose, but this could go either way. Maybe the slight edge goes to the Lions because their on a 5-game win streak and they have the better QB. But the Giants are more battle-tested, have beat the best team twice and have a better win percentage (.600) versus playoff hopefuls than the Lions (.500)...

-the Cowboys have the hottest team in football coming to town next Sunday in the Bucs. I'm becoming a believer. That defense was not good the first half of the year. They are good now, they can play. This will be three straight games that the Boys play a top-shelf defense--they beat the Vikings but there were some concerning trends in that game. This will not be an easy game for Dallas and for two straight weeks now, that offense had less than 265 yards, 2-22 on 3rd downs, 4 turnovers, and scored just 24 points, against great defenses. Not to toot my own horn, but I've said all year that Dallas will struggle against better defenses. Can they still find a way to win like they did against Minnesota? Absolutely. But there are SIGNS that this team can be in some real trouble going forward, IF you can play or have a GREAT defense...

Personally, I'd like the Giants and Cowboys to both lose. Obviously, I think it's realistic, and I think it's not out of the question that all four teams lose. The East has a very tough week upcoming, indeed...

Cowboys lose anymore games this season and they have no business being a number 1seed

Old 12-12-2016, 05:41 AM

158 posts, read 49,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Cowboys lose anymore games this season and they have no business being a number 1seed
So if the Cowboys end up say 13-3, you don't think that record is worthy of a #1 seed? ....Look at the records, even if the Cowboys go 2-1 over the next 3 weeks, that will lock up the #1 seed

Old 12-12-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
So if the Cowboys end up say 13-3, you don't think that record is worthy of a #1 seed? ....Look at the records, even if the Cowboys go 2-1 over the next 3 weeks, that will lock up the #1 seed
If the cowboys don't win the next two games they have no business being a number one seed.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:25 AM

158 posts, read 49,588 times
Quote:
If the cowboys don't win the next two games they have no business being a number one seed.

There are 3 games left....they don't have to win the next 2 (altho it would be nice). They can still lose 1 game and lock up the #1 seed, they control their own destiny and have to go 2-1 the rest of the way....In theory, they can lose their next 3 games and end up being the #1 seed, but obviously other teams have to lose for that to happen

Old 12-12-2016, 06:32 AM

10,457 posts, read 5,917,794 times
I always thought they based the seeding on the record for the entire season, not the last few games.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:26 AM

9,578 posts, read 8,879,369 times
Quote:
Are their any more fickle fans than Cowboy fans? Win ...and they are SB bound. Lose one and get rid of the QB ,..we suck.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Are their any more fickle fans than Cowboy fans? Win ...and they are SB bound. Lose one and get rid of the QB ,..we suck.
It's called real talk. They missed out on a opportunity to win and clinch the east. So to come out again on a national televised game and lose again would be just plain awful and it would mean the team is falling apart at the wrong time.

Right now they have to focus on the nfc east and losing next week would be a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or