U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 08:53 AM

9,585 posts, read 8,901,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
It's called real talk. They missed out on a opportunity to win and clinch the east. So to come out again on a national televised game and lose again would be just plain awful and it would mean the team is falling apart at the wrong time.

Right now they have to focus on the nfc east and losing next week would be a disaster.
I guess its just odd to be 11-2 and talking about a qb controversy. Now if they lose next week? Then i can see some conversation arising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 09:21 AM

1,281 posts, read 506,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I guess its just odd to be 11-2 and talking about a qb controversy. Now if they lose next week? Then i can see some conversation arising.
Dak must have a big game next week

Old 12-12-2016, 10:14 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,580,056 times
What a slugfest last night, wow. Congrats New York on a gutsy win.

Giants scored 10 points and won. 10 points. Must be nice to have a good defense LOL. #Cousinsproblems

Old 12-12-2016, 11:00 AM

32,523 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Quote:
It's called real talk. They missed out on a opportunity to win and clinch the east. So to come out again on a national televised game and lose again would be just plain awful and it would mean the team is falling apart at the wrong time.

Right now they have to focus on the nfc east and losing next week would be a disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What a slugfest last night, wow. Congrats New York on a gutsy win.

Giants scored 10 points and won. 10 points. Must be nice to have a good defense LOL. #Cousinsproblems
the cowboys ran into a highly motivated team last night, and since they were playing a rivalry game, that put even more motivation into their tank. both defenses played out of their minds, and a lack of execution coupled with a missed field goal is why the cowboys lost last night. can it happen again? yes, but the team they play must be highly motivated.

Quote:
Dak must have a big game next week
no he doesnt, he just needs to have a decent game, not make any major mistakes, and lead the team to victory.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the cowboys ran into a highly motivated team last night, and since they were playing a rivalry game, that put even more motivation into their tank. both defenses played out of their minds, and a lack of execution coupled with a missed field goal is why the cowboys lost last night. can it happen again? yes, but the team they play must be highly motivated.

no he doesnt, he just needs to have a decent game, not make any major mistakes, and lead the team to victory.
When I saw big game, no.ints and more than one td whether it's passing or running

Old 12-12-2016, 03:56 PM

3,964 posts, read 2,517,123 times
Quote:
Nope, Giants now have a firm grip on the 5th spot as they beat the Cowboys tonight to go to 9-4. I didn't see the cowboys offense scoring only 7 pts the whole game.
Exactly. Didnt see how the Giants were going to win this one. They held Dallas to 7 points without JPP. I wouldnt have believed that going in.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:59 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,901,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Exactly. Didnt see how the Giants were going to win this one. They held Dallas to 7 points without JPP. I wouldnt have believed that going in.
Oskawa played great

Old 12-12-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This is exactly right!

The East has a very difficult schedule next week:

-Philly is at Baltimore. While they aren't playing for anything other than pride, they have to find a way to stop the bleeding. They've lost four straight but they played well yesterday. I expect them to play the Ravens tightly, mainly because Baltimore's offense isn't threatening enough to put them away, but we'll see how the Ravens look tonight...

-my Redskins have a potential trap game against the Panthers on Monday. Losing this game would be the death knell on the year, there is no option, we have to win. I think most people would believe we're a better team than Carolina, but Carolina has also gone 4-3 after starting the year 1-5. That means they've been very competitive the last two months and I expect us to win, but it will probably be very, very close...

-the Giants play their 2016 twin in the Lions. These two teams are so similar it's not even funny. I need the Giants to lose, but this could go either way. Maybe the slight edge goes to the Lions because their on a 5-game win streak and they have the better QB. But the Giants are more battle-tested, have beat the best team twice and have a better win percentage (.600) versus playoff hopefuls than the Lions (.500)...

-the Cowboys have the hottest team in football coming to town next Sunday in the Bucs. I'm becoming a believer. That defense was not good the first half of the year. They are good now, they can play. This will be three straight games that the Boys play a top-shelf defense--they beat the Vikings but there were some concerning trends in that game. This will not be an easy game for Dallas and for two straight weeks now, that offense had less than 265 yards, 2-22 on 3rd downs, 4 turnovers, and scored just 24 points, against great defenses. Not to toot my own horn, but I've said all year that Dallas will struggle against better defenses. Can they still find a way to win like they did against Minnesota? Absolutely. But there are SIGNS that this team can be in some real trouble going forward, IF you can play or have a GREAT defense...

Personally, I'd like the Giants and Cowboys to both lose. Obviously, I think it's realistic, and I think it's not out of the question that all four teams lose. The East has a very tough week upcoming, indeed...
I think I said it a couple of weeks ago somewhere in the Pro Football Forum, but if 2016 holds to form, the Giants will be leading late, and unable to run out the clock. The Lions will get the ball back needing one score to tie or win, on an all-or-nothing drive. This would set the table for how the teams have played all year: The Giants always on D trying to stop the Game Winning Drive, and the Lions on O trying to put together the GW drive. Both teams have been successful with wins this way, and Matt Stafford has 8 fourth quarter come from behind victories this season. Neither team can run the football, so it is going to come down to Stafford and Manning vs the respective Defenses. Stafford is having the better year, but the Giants have the most explosive player in OBJ.

Finally, my brother is a Lions fan, and this is the first time I can really recall our teams meeting and it is a very meaningful game for both teams!

(I should just copy that analysis into the Big Blue forum as well!)

Old 12-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Oskawa played great
Yes, didnt see that coming. Apparently, he has moved ahead of Owamagbe Odighizuwa, who some people thought, if he could stay healthy could be another Justin Tuck. That hasnt happened, obviously...

Old 12-12-2016, 04:48 PM

I see the Giants finishing 12-4 and should beat the Lions, eagles and skins. That means dallas must win the next 2 games or that last game of the season will suddenly have meaning vs the eagles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or