U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 07:17 PM

158 posts, read 49,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What a slugfest last night, wow. Congrats New York on a gutsy win.

Giants scored 10 points and won. 10 points. Must be nice to have a good defense LOL. #Cousinsproblems
Dallas' defense was right there, only gave up 10 pts....old school football, nice change to that "exciting" 38-35 crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 07:20 PM

1,281 posts, read 504,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Dallas' defense was right there, only gave up 10 pts....old school football, nice change to that "exciting" 38-35 crap
Odd that the defense has stepped up and the offense has taken a step back. But in regards to division games they will always be close

cowboys 19 giants 20
cowboys 27 skins 23
cowboys 31 skins 26
cowboys 7 Giants 10
cowboys 29 eagles 23-OT

Old 08-14-2017, 01:08 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,191,349 times
For 2017, it looks like the Eagles offense has been improved but we can't necessarily say the same about the defense. If the D has improved then they might have a decent (playoffs?) year.
We will find out September 10th at Washington.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:20 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,922,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
For 2017, it looks like the Eagles offense has been improved but we can't necessarily say the same about the defense. If the D has improved then they might have a decent (playoffs?) year.
We will find out September 10th at Washington.
Eagles offense is definitely improved, but can they all gel and come together? That's my biggest concern.

1. I'm confident Carson Wentz will take a step forward in 2017 with upgraded weapons surrounding him.
2. Offensive line is definitely improved. Lane Johnson won't be out (hopefully) on a 10 game suspension. Chance Warmack only adds depth to a line including Brandon Brooks, Isaac Seumalo, Stefen Wisniewski, Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Big V and Dillon Gordon.
3. Tight ends will be the same 3-set of Zach Ertz, Brent Celek and Trey Burton. I expect Ertz to have a break out year.
4. Running game is significantly improved with adding LeGarrette Blount in place of Ryan Mathews. Darren Sproles and Wendell Smallwood will be returning. Rookie Donnell Pumphrey seems to be an upgrade over Byron Marshall.
5. Wide receivers are 100% improved. Both Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith are upgrades over previous #1 WR Jordan Matthews. To round out the receiving corps, Nelson Agholor seems much improved this year, and rookie Mack Hollins looks like a beast.

Again, this is a good offense on paper, but can all of these new parts gel together? Will Blount be good outside of New England? Will Carson Wentz step up? Will everybody stay healthy?

On defense, the Eagles have also improved... and that is from a defense that was good last year!

1.Cornerback got an instant upgrade with Ronald Darby. Jalen Mills seems to have stepped up in his second year. Rookie Rasul Douglas is coming along nicely. Patrick Robinson and Ron Brooks are playing very well in the nickle.
2. An already good safety core of Malcolm Jenkins and Rodney McLeod have been improved with the addition of Corey Graham. Terrence Brooks and Tre Sullivan are looking good too - the later who almost killed a Packers player.
3. Linebackers Jordan Hicks and Nigel Bradham are still among the best in the league. Mychal Kendricks is a good backup. We've rounded out this group nicely with additions Nate Gerry and Kamu Grugeir-Hill.
4. Our defensive line has been improved. Vinny Curry, Brandon Graham, Steven Means, Fletcher Cox and Destiny Vaeao are all already good as it is, with Curry, Graham and Cox being monsters. On top of that, we added Derek Barnett, Chris Long, Alex McCalister, Elijah Qualls and Tim Jernigan.

I think our defense is significantly improved.

The question is, can all the pieces on offense gel? Can Carson Wentz have a break out sophomore season? If yes, I think we're looking at an 11-5 team. If no, I think we're looking at an 8-8 team.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:55 AM

Eagles 1-0 - with a division win.
Cowboys 1-0 with a division win.
Giants 0-1 with a division loss.
Redskins 0-1 with a division loss.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, Wentz looked O.K. - not great but O.K.
The defense looks like it will be pretty good. They had 3 turnovers and the special teams had 1.There was a lot of pressure on Cousins. The Redskins didn't have much of a running game. On Sunday,they will get a test AT Kansas City.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:28 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,922,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Eagles 1-0 - with a division win.
Cowboys 1-0 with a division win.
Giants 0-1 with a division loss.
Redskins 0-1 with a division loss.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, Wentz looked O.K. - not great but O.K.
The defense looks like it will be pretty good. They had 3 turnovers and the special teams had 1.There was a lot of pressure on Cousins. The Redskins didn't have much of a running game. On Sunday,they will get a test AT Kansas City.
Funny, but we have different viewpoints. For being consistently under pressure almost every snap, I thought Wentz looked great... certainly better than Cousins did.

There were a few sloppy plays, but I can't say they were always his fault. The pick he threw was a tipped pass by the Redskisn o-line. Plus, it's week 1, against a tough division rival who has consistently played us hard in the past.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,226,868 times
Cousins has been notorious for being a slow starter. He had a bad first half of 2015. He had a rough first quarter of 2016. We know how those two seasons ended. Having said that, this year is a bit different since there's no D-Jax and Garcon.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:54 AM

1,577 posts, read 981,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Cousins has been notorious for being a slow starter..
I knew this was going to be the narrative after the game.. The (supposed) failure of Cousins.
I actually thought he did well considering the intense pressure he was under. Washington's O-line looked terrible. No protection for Cousins, absolutely no forward push in the running game.

Cousins was literally the rushing leader (30 yrds) on Sunday. That stat is telling, how ineffective Washington's offensive line was. I'm just not sure how to interpret it.. Was Philly's D-line that good, or is Washington's that bad (?)

I've mentioned this in other City Data threads.. Cousins' faces disproportionate criticism for seemingly all of the Redskins' failings. He tossed for 250 yards, and was harried in to being their rushing leader. His O-line gave him no protection & absolutely no running game to rely on..

Eagles' side.. I thought Wentz looked good.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:04 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,226,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I knew this was going to be the narrative after the game.. The (supposed) failure of Cousins.
I actually thought he did well considering the intense pressure he was under. Washington's O-line looked terrible. No protection for Cousins, absolutely no forward push in the running game.

Cousins was literally the rushing leader (30 yrds) on Sunday. That stat is telling, how ineffective Washington's offensive line was. I'm just not sure how to interpret it.. Was Philly's D-line that good, or is Washington's that bad (?)

I've mentioned this in other City Data threads.. Cousins' faces disproportionate criticism for seemingly all of the Redskins' failings. He tossed for 250 yards, and was harried in to being their rushing leader. His O-line gave him no protection & absolutely no running game to rely on..

Eagles' side.. I thought Wentz looked good.
What is disproportionate with what I said? Do you disagree that Cousins has started slow in each season he's started as a Redskin?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Funny, but we have different viewpoints. For being consistently under pressure almost every snap, I thought Wentz looked great... certainly better than Cousins did.

There were a few sloppy plays, but I can't say they were always his fault. The pick he threw was a tipped pass by the Redskisn o-line. Plus, it's week 1, against a tough division rival who has consistently played us hard in the past.
He threw that backwards pass off his front foot. His long throws just missed. I chalk it up to not playing enough in the preseason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or