U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Reputation: 3574

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
He threw that backwards pass off his front foot. His long throws just missed. I chalk it up to not playing enough in the preseason.
Yes, and it's only his second year playing... first game of his second year no doubt. This stuff will get cleaned up. I'd rather him overthrow receivers, than throw worm burners like McNabb used to.

Plus, that screen pass/backwards pass to Agholor was just a terrible play call. Coverage was blown ahead of Agholor and he would've gotten leveled/tackled for loss even if he did catch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2017, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,151 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Yes, and it's only his second year playing... first game of his second year no doubt. This stuff will get cleaned up. I'd rather him overthrow receivers, than throw worm burners like McNabb used to.

Plus, that screen pass/backwards pass to Agholor was just a terrible play call. Coverage was blown ahead of Agholor and he would've gotten leveled/tackled for loss even if he did catch it.
I agree with you. It probably WILL get cleaned up but he did NOT play a great game on Sunday. It was only O.K. He played a lot better than Cousins did and, I didn't see the game, but he also probably played better then Manning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Reputation: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I agree with you. It probably WILL get cleaned up but he did NOT play a great game on Sunday. It was only O.K. He played a lot better than Cousins did and, I didn't see the game, but he also probably played better then Manning.
96.8 passer rating is good.

For week 1, Wentz is ranked #5 in passing yards, and #11 in passer rating. He is tied for #5 in number of TDs.

Sooo, easily a top quarterback in week 1. Granted, we need more weeks this season to see how he progresses from his rookie season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 12:26 PM
 
1,578 posts, read 982,048 times
Reputation: 2965
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
What is disproportionate with what I said? Do you disagree that Cousins has started slow in each season he's started as a Redskin?
37, hi.. yeah, I respectfully disagree with your original post. Because the only player u criticized was Cousins. He threw for 250, & was Washington's rushing leader. That to me is an average-to-good day. And he did it under intense pressure.

And I feel your (et al), criticism is unfair bcuz where is the criticism of Redskin running backs ?.. they combined for less than 50 yards (entire game). Kelley only averaged 3 yards a carry. Eagle pass rushers were coming unblocked all game. Why is it that Cousins looked slow in Week 1. To me, this loss is heavily on O-Line. They got whipped..

On a positive note, how 'bout the Kerrigan pick6. Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2017, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Reputation: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
37, hi.. yeah, I respectfully disagree with your original post. Because the only player u criticized was Cousins. He threw for 250, & was Washington's rushing leader. That to me is an average-to-good day. And he did it under intense pressure.

And I feel your (et al), criticism is unfair bcuz where is the criticism of Redskin running backs ?.. they combined for less than 50 yards (entire game). Kelley only averaged 3 yards a carry. Eagle pass rushers were coming unblocked all game. Why is it that Cousins looked slow in Week 1. To me, this loss is heavily on O-Line. They got whipped..

On a positive note, how 'bout the Kerrigan pick6. Nice.
I simply haven't elaborated enough. It's not a criticism of Cousins as much as I'm just seeing it as what it is. Cousins in 2015 had a bad first half of the season, had a great second half. Cousins in 2016 had a shaky first quarter of the season, had most of a great season after that, but then laid an egg against the Panthers and the Giants - two games that would have gotten them into the playoffs. So it's 2017, and once again, Cousins had a bad game to start the season. You can blame it on the pressure all you want, and yes, the pressure was there. But, there were plenty of plays where Cousins was way off the mark and it didn't have anything to do with pressure. So, like it or not, he shoulders the blame for the loss.

And yes, the receivers were horrible. The offensive line was, offensive. And Robert Kelley can't run the ball. Kelley's issues, I'm sure, have to do with the horrible offensive line play, but still, they all shoulder the blame for the loss.

The defense has improved. They're definitely more aggressive with the pass rush, and the corners had several opportunities to pick the pass off. They did allow some runs but they also did a better job of stopping the run. They are still butt ugly on third down. So, third down defense shoulders the blame as well.

But like it or not, Cousins is going to be under a microscope all season long. If he wants to be the highest paid quarterback in the league, then he needs to live up to that expectation. Anything less is not worth it. This is a make or break year for the Redskins. If they have a losing season and can't make it back to the playoffs, Gruden will be fired, Cousins will be gone, and once again, the Redskins will be in rebuild mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Reputation: 3574
After week 2

Eagles 1-1
Cowboys 1-1
Redskins 1-1
Giants 0-2

Eagles 1-0 in the division
Cowboys 1-0 in the division
Redskins 0-1 in the division
Giants 0-1 in the division

Week 3 match ups:

Eagles play the Giants at home
Redskins play the Raiders at home
Cowboys play the Cardinals in Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,151 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Reputation: 2314
The Eagles lost a tight game in Kansas City while the Cowboys got hammered in Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Reputation: 3574
After week 3:

Overall Record
Eagles 2-1
Cowboys 2-1
Redskins 2-1
Giants 0-3

Division Record
Eagles 2-0
Cowboys 1-0
Redskins 0-1
Giants 0-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Reputation: 3574
After week 4:

Overall Record
Eagles 3-1
Cowboys 2-2
Redskins 2-2
Giants 0-4

Division Record
Eagles 2-0
Cowboys 1-0
Redskins 0-1
Giants 0-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2017, 08:55 PM
 
Location: East Texas, with the Clan of the Cave Bear
2,123 posts, read 4,316,652 times
Reputation: 2459
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
After week 4:

Overall Record
Eagles 3-1
Cowboys 2-2
Redskins 2-2
Giants 0-4

Division Record
Eagles 2-0
Cowboys 1-0
Redskins 0-1
Giants 0-2
Eagles win the 1st quarter of the NFL season in The East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top