U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 AM

689 posts, read 338,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Monday night MIGHT determine everything.
Agree...if Eagles sweep Skins...they would have a good chance to run away. They have some winnable games after that but also division games against my Boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 09:47 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,947,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
This is what bugs me about some of these match-ups. I know injuries are part of the game, but when you get to a big game like this, you want to see all of the star players out on the field, healthy, so you can really see who the better team is. I mean, we are likely to not have our first round pick playing that night, Breeland is likely to be out or not playing at 100%. Norman may be back, but how healthy is he? Same with Kelley.

Then again, these two teams met at the beginning of the season, and the Eagles did come out on top (although I will always protest that last called fumble was not a fumble), and players were healthy - at least through half of the game. But the first game of the season is really hard to measure how good a team is.

Anyways, I'm rambling. The point I'm making is, I hope it's a good game between these two teams. Certainly I hope my 'skins come out on top, but I don't expect either team to run away with it at all.
For what it's worth, I don't believe that call was a fumble either.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:04 AM

3,158 posts, read 2,196,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Agree...if Eagles sweep Skins...they would have a good chance to run away. They have some winnable games after that but also division games against my Boys.
When they meet the first time, "your" boys will probably be without EE and their defense stinks - but the Eagles have to beat Washington first.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:44 AM

32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
When they meet the first time, "your" boys will probably be without EE and their defense stinks - but the Eagles have to beat Washington first.
dont forget though that rivalry games are always fraught with danger for teams. you can be riding high, and number one in the league, and you run into your rival who is at the bottom of the league, and you end up losing the game.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:49 AM

22,341 posts, read 32,197,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
dont forget though that rivalry games are always fraught with danger for teams. you can be riding high, and number one in the league, and you run into your rival who is at the bottom of the league, and you end up losing the game.

very true

that is why they play the games and many times divisional games and expected winners can be thrown out the window

If the eagles sweep the skins it would be a tough hurdle to overcome for them (skins) that said the league can be fickle and if the skins they are one game back

I am cautiously optimistic on the birds and excited by them and Carson all the same

this is a big week for me in that another win and sweep of the skins is a really big deal

also no one is sleeping on the eagles right now which is a blessing and a curse at times

Old 10-17-2017, 01:16 PM

It seems everybody is back and healthy for the Eagles except Ronald Darby. Lane Johnson, Wendell Smallwood, Jordan Hicks, etc. are all back and practiced today.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:19 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,515,467 times
Quote:
True, plus arent the games for the Eagles following the Skins against weak competition? I could be wrong about that.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:35 AM

3,158 posts, read 2,196,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
True, plus arent the games for the Eagles following the Skins against weak competition? I could be wrong about that.
Washington, San Francisco, Denver, bye, @Dallas, Chicago - the next 6 weeks.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:36 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,241,502 times
Washington has loads of injuries, a lot on the defense. Wentz will probably have a field day against our d, unfortunately. Our secondary has been shredded and now we just learned that our first round pick is out the rest of the season. Our kicker is also on IR. Going to be a tough game for the 'skins.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM

Meanwhile, it seems everybody is back and healthy for the Eagles. Lane Johnson is back, as well as Wendell Smallwood, Jordan Hicks and Nigel Bradham. Ronald Darby, our best cornerback, also returned to practice today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or