U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-25-2017, 08:27 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,125,137 times
Reputation: 5395

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Touchè.

Come to grips with the fact that the Eagles are taking the division this year. No way the Cowboys or the Redskins do unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz and a couple of his receivers. Neither the Cowboys or the Redskins win out this year. No need to even remotely think in those terms.
True. The road to the playoffs becomes much more difficult for any team once a QB or certain other important players are out due to injury or suspensions (eg: Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, etc). Fans always hoping for good health and circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2017, 08:44 AM
 
Location: VA
689 posts, read 338,232 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Touchè.

Come to grips with the fact that the Eagles are taking the division this year. No way the Cowboys or the Redskins do unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz and a couple of his receivers. Neither the Cowboys or the Redskins win out this year. No need to even remotely think in those terms.

I pretty much think Eagles got the division this year. But like rbohm said...anything can happen during the season. That's why the games are played. I didn't think Rodgers would go down nor did I think Eagles were gonna sweep Skins due to the problems Eagles had with Skins in recent games (Cousins era). Nor did I think the Broncos would get whipped by the then 0-5 Giants or shut out by the Chargers. A lot of game outcomes happened this year that we didn't predict.


But I do think Eagles have what it takes. They have a complete team for the most part and only injuries or a meltdown would stop them. Wentz did very well and made great plays last game. He improved a lot since last year and we can see he can put the team on his back at times and make the needed throws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 08:47 AM
 
Location: VA
689 posts, read 338,232 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
True. The road to the playoffs becomes much more difficult for any team once a QB or certain other important players are out due to injury or suspensions (eg: Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, etc). Fans always hoping for good health and circumstances.
Exactly...look at Raiders last season. They were doing well and had a 9-2 record and were also projected to battle with Pats in AFC Champ but Carr went out along with other important players like their o-lineman Donald Penn and they got axed in the wildcard round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 10:40 AM
 
32,465 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Reputation: 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Touchè.

Come to grips with the fact that the Eagles are taking the division this year. No way the Cowboys or the Redskins do unless something catastrophic happens to Wentz and a couple of his receivers. Neither the Cowboys or the Redskins win out this year. No need to even remotely think in those terms.
at the beginning of the season i felt the NFC east would come down to the cowboys and the eagles. and right now the eagles are the team to beat, but the cowboys are getting their act together, and should make a run to keep the east race interesting.

the next three games for the cowboys will set the tone for heading into the game against the eagles. if the cowboys can beat the redskins, chiefs, and falcons, and not lose players to injury over that time, and if the eagles split their games with the 49ers and broncos, we will see that race tighten up.

the broncos are the team that might beat the eagles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 AM
 
Location: VA
689 posts, read 338,232 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
at the beginning of the season i felt the NFC east would come down to the cowboys and the eagles. and right now the eagles are the team to beat, but the cowboys are getting their act together, and should make a run to keep the east race interesting.

the next three games for the cowboys will set the tone for heading into the game against the eagles. if the cowboys can beat the redskins, chiefs, and falcons, and not lose players to injury over that time, and if the eagles split their games with the 49ers and broncos, we will see that race tighten up.

the broncos are the team that might beat the eagles.

Exactly what I am thinking...that's IF the Boys can keep preforming and gelling.


But I see Seahawks giving Eagles more problems than Broncos...but u never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 11:14 AM
 
Location: The City
22,331 posts, read 32,161,575 times
Reputation: 7738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
True. The road to the playoffs becomes much more difficult for any team once a QB or certain other important players are out due to injury or suspensions (eg: Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, etc). Fans always hoping for good health and circumstances.


Jason Peters and Hicks both out and big losses the eagles have a reasonable schedule coming up but will see how these injuries play out, they are significant but not impossible to overcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,493 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Reputation: 11410
Josh Norman To Carson Wentz: ‘You’re Like Houdini!’

“Missed you today,” Wentz told Norman.

“You missed me today, no I missed you today!” Norman replied. “You’re like Houdini back there.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,151 posts, read 2,193,588 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
at the beginning of the season i felt the NFC east would come down to the cowboys and the eagles. and right now the eagles are the team to beat, but the cowboys are getting their act together, and should make a run to keep the east race interesting.

the next three games for the cowboys will set the tone for heading into the game against the eagles. if the cowboys can beat the redskins, chiefs, and falcons, and not lose players to injury over that time, and if the eagles split their games with the 49ers and broncos, we will see that race tighten up.

the broncos are the team that might beat the eagles.
WOW -That's a lot of "ifs".
Granted, the Eagles might take the day off against San Fran but they SHOULD win both games. Denver appears to be falling apart. They even lost to the Giants - at home.
I guess you consider beating the 49'ers as "getting their act together".
They MIGHT lose all 3 games to Washington, K.C. and Atlanta, especially if they don't have EE - and their defense is SO BAD.
We will find out on Monday, what, if anything, happens to EE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,231,898 times
Reputation: 3829
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
WOW -That's a lot of "ifs".
Granted, the Eagles might take the day off against San Fran but they SHOULD win both games. Denver appears to be falling apart. They even lost to the Giants - at home.
I guess you consider beating the 49'ers as "getting their act together".
They MIGHT lose all 3 games to Washington, K.C. and Atlanta, especially if they don't have EE - and their defense is SO BAD.
We will find out on Monday, what, if anything, happens to EE.

Exactly, just trying to keep it realistic. Sure, anything can happen, but sticking to the most likely scenario, the Eagles will win the division and the 'skins and 'boys will battle it out for second place and hope enough of the other second place teams crap the bed and drop more games than they do. I imagine like always, the last Wild Card game will be decided in the last week of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2017, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,151 posts, read 2,193,588 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Exactly, just trying to keep it realistic. Sure, anything can happen, but sticking to the most likely scenario, the Eagles will win the division and the 'skins and 'boys will battle it out for second place and hope enough of the other second place teams crap the bed and drop more games than they do. I imagine like always, the last Wild Card game will be decided in the last week of the season.
I think that the skins are better than the boys but we'll see Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top