U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 07:30 PM

32,490 posts, read 26,364,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Exactly what I am thinking...that's IF the Boys can keep preforming and gelling.

But I see Seahawks giving Eagles more problems than Broncos...but u never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
WOW -That's a lot of "ifs".
Granted, the Eagles might take the day off against San Fran but they SHOULD win both games. Denver appears to be falling apart. They even lost to the Giants - at home.
I guess you consider beating the 49'ers as "getting their act together".
They MIGHT lose all 3 games to Washington, K.C. and Atlanta, especially if they don't have EE - and their defense is SO BAD.
We will find out on Monday, what, if anything, happens to EE.
right now i dont see the broncos beating the eagles, but then they have had an upa nd down season as well, o one never knows. the seahawks are doing about as normal, and they do have a team that can beat the eagles, if they are on their game and the eagles are dodwn a bit.

as for beating the 49ers, teh cowboys didnt just beat them, they dominated them, big difference. i figured the boys to win by like 10-17 point, not 30. so yes, the cowboys are starting get their act together.

and if elliot does end up having to serve his suspension this season, dont forget that the cowboys do still haev three quality running back behind elliot, mcfadden, morris, and rod smith. it may take all three backs, plus a bit of opening up the playbook, but along with the cowboys receivers, the running game is still in decent shape without elliot, in fact it might even be a bit better since most teams wont be loading the box to stop elliot. and dont forget that prescott is also quite mobile himself and can beat teams with his legs, as can cooper rush if prescott goes down.

as fo the cowboys defense, the team has a lot of good players, the problem is teh defensive scheme that maranelli is using that limits the players. but even then they are doing better, since marenelli is opening up the defense a bit as well and starting to use more blitzes to get pressure on the opposing quarterback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 06:30 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,237,564 times
Quote:
I think that the skins are better than the boys but we'll see Sunday.
We'll see. I hope so. The Redskins are so banged up right now that I don't know what to expect. Our secondary being so thin really showed against the Eagles, and our offensive line is all banged up too. It will be a close game. I think Norman will be back, not sure about Everett. Hopefully he's back too. Breeland is still reeling from injury, but actually played pretty well last Monday night. So, who knows? A 100% healthy starting Redskins squad can beat any team in the league, but once those guys get banged up, hurt, and some out for the season, it really weakens the team.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:16 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,195,765 times
Dallas' 3 wins have been against New York, San Francisco, and Arizona - not exactly playoff contenders.
Sunday's game against Washington is a must-win for both teams but probably more so for Dallas.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Dallas' 3 wins have been against New York, San Francisco, and Arizona - not exactly playoff contenders.
Sunday's game against Washington is a must-win for both teams but probably more so for Dallas.
And, Washington's three losses have come from the top two teams in the league: Philly and KC. 'Skins nearly beat KC, and played the Eagles tough in both games. So, the 'skins have definitely been tried and tested, and will continue to be tried and tested in the next several weeks.

Something if off about Dallas this year.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 AM

689 posts, read 338,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post

Something if off about Dallas this year.
Boys started season with some issues but I hope they turn it around and keep preforming like they did last week against 49ers. The o-line isn't as dominant as before with losing Leary and Free retiring. Then Boys secondary is now with younger players who are still developing. Zeke started out season taking a step back and that's probably due to stress with court case. Dak had to make adjustments and Dez took step back. David Irving...one of our best pass rushers was out for the first 4 games.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 AM

I'm going to guess that playing against San Fran and playing against Washington are going to be 2 different animals.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:52 AM

32,490 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Boys started season with some issues but I hope they turn it around and keep preforming like they did last week against 49ers. The o-line isn't as dominant as before with losing Leary and Free retiring. Then Boys secondary is now with younger players who are still developing. Zeke started out season taking a step back and that's probably due to stress with court case. Dak had to make adjustments and Dez took step back. David Irving...one of our best pass rushers was out for the first 4 games.
all true. the cowboys have been improving since the denver game though, and i will note that dallas could easily be 5-1 right now, because of the three games they lost, two of them, the packers and teh rams, the boys were in both games down to the end.

and while they are not hitting on all cylinders yet, they are moving in that direction. the next three games will be telling, redskins, chiefs, and falcons. how they respond in those games will truly tell us how the cowboys may finish the season.

the big thing though is the defense is starting to gel. the pass rush the cowboys need is starting to show up, and the secondary is firming up with the young guys gaining experience and confidence, and even the linebacker corps is starting to firm up as well. at this point the real limiting factor of the defense is the scheme they are playing, and marenelli seems to be opening that up a bit.

overall i think the cowboys just need some intangible to bring everything together to make a run for the playoffs.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:36 PM

Again, that'a lot of ifs but the FIRST thing that has to happen, is they MUST win on Sunday - in the rain. Josh Norman will be back, for what that's worth,considering that they have a lot of injuries.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Again, that'a lot of ifs but the FIRST thing that has to happen, is they MUST win on Sunday - in the rain. Josh Norman will be back, for what that's worth,considering that they have a lot of injuries.

Exactly. I mean, by the same token, the Redskins could've been 5-1, had that fumble call in the first game been rightly reversed, had Doctson held on to the ball in the endzone against the Chiefs, had the skins not had so many injuries. The truth is, both teams are 3-3, the Redskins are not push overs, and having been swept by the Cowboys last season, there's some retribution to consider.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:44 PM

204 posts, read 83,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Exactly. I mean, by the same token, the Redskins could've been 5-1, had that fumble call in the first game been rightly reversed, had Doctson held on to the ball in the endzone against the Chiefs, had the skins not had so many injuries. The truth is, both teams are 3-3, the Redskins are not push overs, and having been swept by the Cowboys last season, there's some retribution to consider.
Why do Redskins fans keep talking about that play as if it being reversed would have instantly won the 'skins the game. They were deep in their own end of the field, had to drive all the way down AND get a touchdown and there was only a few minutes left in the game. What like 3 minutes or something? There's no way to say they would have won the game if the fumble was reversed. They were already LOSING at the time it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or