U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 09:20 AM

689 posts, read 338,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
tough loss for the redskins, they played a heck fo a game for bunch of wounded warriors, but in the end the healthier cowboys were just too much for them. both teams spent most of the game though shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, and missed field goals, as well as dropped passes.
I agree...Skins played heck of a game with all the injuries they had. Now..when Boys blocked that FG...which was needed for momentum....Skins kinda did like Boys did in Rams game when Switzer muffed punt...some teams have a hard time responding to costly horrible mistakes. Chargers did that yesterday against Pats (Travis Benjamin bobbled punt and ran backwards and got tackled for Pats safety) and didn't fully recover since. But Skins did what they could've did....and with Cousins u cant solely blame him on loss...hes a good QB...but his play wasn't enough to win game either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 02:02 PM

32,439 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Definitely a sloppy game. One of those games where the better running team is going to win, in this case, the Cowboys. Lauvao was the sole, healthy, starter on the offensive line, and he got hurt yesterday. Moses played hurt, and I'm not even sure if he lasted the entire game. This is a very beat up Redskins squad, and the schedule will continue to be tough for the next several weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I agree...Skins played heck of a game with all the injuries they had. Now..when Boys blocked that FG...which was needed for momentum....Skins kinda did like Boys did in Rams game when Switzer muffed punt...some teams have a hard time responding to costly horrible mistakes. Chargers did that yesterday against Pats (Travis Benjamin bobbled punt and ran backwards and got tackled for Pats safety) and didn't fully recover since. But Skins did what they could've did....and with Cousins u cant solely blame him on loss...hes a good QB...but his play wasn't enough to win game either.
the skins schedule gets s little easier from here though, where as the cowboys schedule gets harder.

the problem for the skins is the number of injuries they have suffered through so far. got to give guys like norman credit though, playing tough through recent injury isnt easy.

i think this being a rivalry game though gave both teams impetus to perform though. the weather was definitely a factor in the passing game.

hopefully though both teams will shake off the sloppiness of this game going forward, and the next game they play against each other will be a serious shoot out.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:08 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Welp, looks like Zeke will miss 6 games for the Cowboys. Tough blow for them. Next 6 games are Chiefs, @Falcons, Eagles, Chargers, Redskins, @Giants.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:41 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,316,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
You'll find out who is in the pocket of Mara and Goodell's League office. Do you honestly think there is anything fair about a NY court that regularly rules in favor of "The League" making this call? The fix has been in for the last 15 months.

If someone commits a crime there should be League dispensed punishment. There is no evidence of a crime just hearsay. Has and will cost Elliott over a million bucks outright not mention other monies ... again on hearsay. The League investigator that actually investigated the woman and her story recommended no punishment and was then barred from the kangaroo court ... err ... hearing by Goodell.

Dallas Cowboys: Suspension will cost Elliott big money | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Does this seem American to you, not to mention even fair ... no witnesses, no hospital visits, no video ... nothing concrete. The NFL should at least adhere to American standards of guilt if they're gonna be that punitive.

It was immeasurably easy to call this. The Fix was always in, this is about injuring the Cows' chances for the season! Costing Elliott millions is just a sidelight of this whole ordeal!.

It'll cost Goodell though ... his extension is not in and Jones has a confederation against him!

Old 10-31-2017, 02:58 AM

3,150 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Today is the trade deadline. We'll see if anything happens in the NFC East.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:27 AM

5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Today is the trade deadline. We'll see if anything happens in the NFC East.
Nothing will happen in the Redskins camp. They need all the players they can get. The season is lost now, unfortunately, with all the injuries this team has sustained. In my 35+ years of watching Redskins football, I don't think I have ever seen this team so banged up and injured. Maybe as far back as 1992, when the 'skins started losing all of their offensive line to injury. I don't even think Darrell Green played half that season that year.

I'm keeping myself in shape just in case, lol! They might need me to come in and run 1 yard routes, lol!

Old 10-31-2017, 07:40 AM

The Eagles have acquired RB Jay Ajayi for a 4th round pick. They improved one of their weaknesses.

Last night, Ezekiel Elliot WAS suspended for 6 games.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:53 AM

5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The Eagles have acquired RB Jay Ajayi for a 4th round pick. They improved one of their weaknesses.

Last night, Ezekiel Elliot WAS suspended for 6 games.
If you guys make it to the Super Bowl, I'll have no choice but to pull for the Eagles (puke, can't believe I just said that) if you play the Patriots.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:11 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Jay Ajayi to the Eagles! Boom! He's a pretty good back.

With Ajayi, Blount, Clement, Smallwood and Barner on the roster, somebody is getting traded or cut. No need for 5 backs.

I could see Philly still trying to get an O-lineman now that Peters is out.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Jay Ajayi to the Eagles! Boom! He's a pretty good back.

With Ajayi, Blount, Clement, Smallwood and Barner on the roster, somebody is getting traded or cut. No need for 5 backs.

I could see Philly still trying to get an O-lineman now that Peters is out.
Dallas needs a RB - LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or