U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-06-2017, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,237,564 times
Reputation: 3829

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
true enough, but the cowboys are playing better than they were earlier, especially the defense. KC is one of the best offensive teams this year, and dallas shut them down to 17 points. the only other time this season when the chiefs scored less than 20 points, the steelers held them to 13.
Kansas City has been struggling a bit for the last few weeks. They have now lost 3 of their last 4 games. The biggest question is going to be, what happens when Elliot goes on suspension?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2017, 11:53 AM
 
32,479 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Reputation: 19123
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Kansas City has been struggling a bit for the last few weeks. They have now lost 3 of their last 4 games. The biggest question is going to be, what happens when Elliot goes on suspension?
albert morris most likely becomes the starting running back, mcfadden gets activated, and spells morris along with rod smith. all three of which are solid running backs and can do good jobs in replacement of elliot. dont forget that the dallas offensive line is doing a very good job, and getting better, so i am not worried about the running game. in fact it might get slightly better with elliot out since defenses will likely stop loading the box to stop the run.

it will also force the passing game to get better, and it will force prescott to get better as well. and once elliot returns, that will make things that much better in the long run.

but that assumes that elliots suspension will in fact be upheld. we dont know that just yet. the court might rule that elliots hearing was in fact unfair since two witnesses were not allowed to testify at the arbitration hearing, and as such could not be cross examined, so their testimonies apparently were read into the record and taken as fact by the arbitrator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:07 PM
 
Location: VA
689 posts, read 338,582 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
albert morris most likely becomes the starting running back, mcfadden gets activated, and spells morris along with rod smith. all three of which are solid running backs and can do good jobs in replacement of elliot. dont forget that the dallas offensive line is doing a very good job, and getting better, so i am not worried about the running game. in fact it might get slightly better with elliot out since defenses will likely stop loading the box to stop the run.

it will also force the passing game to get better, and it will force prescott to get better as well. and once elliot returns, that will make things that much better in the long run.

but that assumes that elliots suspension will in fact be upheld. we dont know that just yet. the court might rule that elliots hearing was in fact unfair since two witnesses were not allowed to testify at the arbitration hearing, and as such could not be cross examined, so their testimonies apparently were read into the record and taken as fact by the arbitrator.
Agree with all this...and Morris only had 1 carry but with 11 yds. I think the coaching staff needs to give him more carries to take a lil of the load off Zeke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM
 
32,479 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Reputation: 19123
actually i think the cowboys should go to a two back set like in the old days instead of a single back used these days. it makes it too obvious who is getting the ball these days.

with a two back set, you can key in on one back, and fake it to him to draw or freeze the defense, give it to the other back, for a decent gain. keep the defense honest and off guard all game long.

and with a mobile quarterback like prescott, you have an unpredictable running game, making the passing game even more effective.

heck for laughs you can even bring back the old wishbone offense and make the defense truly wonder what you are up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:28 PM
 
252 posts, read 386,218 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually i think the cowboys should go to a two back set like in the old days instead of a single back used these days. it makes it too obvious who is getting the ball these days.

with a two back set, you can key in on one back, and fake it to him to draw or freeze the defense, give it to the other back, for a decent gain. keep the defense honest and off guard all game long.

and with a mobile quarterback like prescott, you have an unpredictable running game, making the passing game even more effective.

heck for laughs you can even bring back the old wishbone offense and make the defense truly wonder what you are up to.
I think Eagles are on that route, look at the numbers of backs they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM
 
32,479 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Reputation: 19123
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
I think Eagles are on that route, look at the numbers of backs they have.
its not the number of backs they have, its the number of back they have in the game at the same time that counts. i havent seen an eagles game recently, so i dont know if they use two back regularly, or just for special plays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:32 PM
 
Location: VA
689 posts, read 338,582 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually i think the cowboys should go to a two back set like in the old days instead of a single back used these days. it makes it too obvious who is getting the ball these days.

with a two back set, you can key in on one back, and fake it to him to draw or freeze the defense, give it to the other back, for a decent gain. keep the defense honest and off guard all game long.

and with a mobile quarterback like prescott, you have an unpredictable running game, making the passing game even more effective.

heck for laughs you can even bring back the old wishbone offense and make the defense truly wonder what you are up to.

Yeah that would be great....but Linehan gotta expand the playbook/play-calling. That would be great to have Rod Smith or Morris to line up with Zeke. May could get one of those RBs to use their speed and stretch the field to get open...kinda like how Tyreek Hill got wide open deep when the Chiefs played the Pats. Would like to see the playbook open with both run and pass plays...trick plays and maybe a flea flicker or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:38 PM
 
252 posts, read 386,218 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its not the number of backs they have, its the number of back they have in the game at the same time that counts. i havent seen an eagles game recently, so i dont know if they use two back regularly, or just for special plays.
They are constantly switching between Blunt and Small. Now with Ajaiy it will be very interesting to see how they are going to rotate all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,778 posts, read 10,181,373 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
They are constantly switching between Blunt and Small. Now with Ajaiy it will be very interesting to see how they are going to rotate all.
Blount and Smallwood. Sorry to be a nitpicker.

And don't forget Clement. It will be very interesting to see how the rest of the games play out with this offense, which can now rely on a solid run game in addition to a dynamic passing game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:48 PM
 
32,479 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Reputation: 19123
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yeah that would be great....but Linehan gotta expand the playbook/play-calling. That would be great to have Rod Smith or Morris to line up with Zeke. May could get one of those RBs to use their speed and stretch the field to get open...kinda like how Tyreek Hill got wide open deep when the Chiefs played the Pats. Would like to see the playbook open with both run and pass plays...trick plays and maybe a flea flicker or something like that.
i agree, the cowboys do need to open up the playbook a lot more than they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
They are constantly switching between Blunt and Small. Now with Ajaiy it will be very interesting to see how they are going to rotate all.
true enough, but they are still only having one back in the game at a time. imagine if they had say blunt and ajay in the game at the same time. who do defenses key in then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top