U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 AM

4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps in your hate filled mind, you are right, but reality sets in here, and you forget that quarterbacks are more than just passing machines.
Perhaps if you took off your Dallas Cowboy Star shaped glasses you would see reality here...

I don't "hate" Dak Prescott, I think he is one of the best young QB's in the game, I think if you asked HIM how he played last Thursday he would say "not so good"

This isn't little league soccer where everyone gets a participation trophy just for showing up...

My team is the Pats....Brady was 21-30 for 258 yards and a pick yesterday, the Pats won big and I don't think Brady "played well" yesterday....neither did he watching his press conference after

To say a NFL QB who went 11-22 for 100 yards "Played well" just isn't true no matter how you want to spin it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 06:52 AM

5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
I wasn't that impressed by Dak Prescott on Thursday night, but he didn't really have to play all that great football anyway. The Redskins committed about five turnovers that night, and when Morgan Moses went down, that pretty much killed the Redskins momentum. Had the 'skins scored on that drive where they were in the red zone (the tipped pass by Crowder), and had not turned the ball over, I think you would've heard a lot more moaning and groaning from Dallas fans about Dak Prescott. His numbers were largely unimpressive. His staying in the game and playing with a hurt passing hand was impressive, but he really didn't have to do much at that point - the running game was doing it all for him.

The Cowboys have an easy game this weekend, followed up by the Raiders, Seahawks, and Eagles. I have a feeling the Eagles will be playing their starters in week 17 since they're neck and neck with the Vikings. They're going to have to get more out of Dak if they plan to run the tables.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:58 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
After week 13:

Eagles 10-2
Cowboys 6-6
Redskins 5-7
Giants 2-10

Division Records:

Eagles 4-0
Cowboys 3-1
Redskins 1-4
Giants 0-3

Old 12-05-2017, 01:04 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,316,652 times
As a Cows fan I am definitely disappointed in Dak this year. He's definitely not playing as well as he did last year. I think a big reason has been the less than optimal play of the O-line. Put pressure on Dak and he (like most other QB's takes a step back. The thing that bothers me is the lack of escapability he has shown.

I don't look for the Cowboys to win out. If they do I'll be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a let-down and lose this week against the GiAints.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:39 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
As a Cows fan I am definitely disappointed in Dak this year. He's definitely not playing as well as he did last year. I think a big reason has been the less than optimal play of the O-line. Put pressure on Dak and he (like most other QB's takes a step back. The thing that bothers me is the lack of escapability he has shown.

I don't look for the Cowboys to win out. If they do I'll be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a let-down and lose this week against the GiAints.
I think it also has to do with Elliott suspended.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:05 PM

689 posts, read 338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I think it also has to do with Elliott suspended.
Thats part of it but don't forget that the Boys lost 3 games with Elliott playing and one of those games were in a blowout vs Broncos at the beginning of the season when Broncos looked better.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:07 PM

689 posts, read 338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

I agree Bob. Dak is obviously in a rut and coaching and play calling ain't doing him, the rest of the offense and entire team any favors. Dak's passing game last year was much better overall.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I agree Bob. Dak is obviously in a rut and coaching and play calling ain't doing him, the rest of the offense and entire team any favors. Dak's passing game last year was much better overall.
Dak was very good last year but now it's Carson Wentz. I am more impressed with Wentz this year than last year.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:21 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Dak was very good last year but now it's Carson Wentz. I am more impressed with Wentz this year than last year.
Wentz also has more weapons than he did last year - plus the defense is so much better.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Wentz also has more weapons than he did last year - plus the defense is so much better.
Yup, the defense are playing the way like they did under Jim Johnson longtime DC for Philadelphia.

Last year it was Prescott that had the weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or