U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 03:34 PM

15,396 posts, read 5,215,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If the Eagles play like they have the past few games, they are going to be one, and out.
Yes , their Defense is playing bad and against a good team like the Vikings or a hot team like the Panthers they could get burned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 03:39 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,175,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yes , their Defense is playing bad and against a good team like the Vikings or a hot team like the Panthers they could get burned!
The Eagles defense, which did not play well in weeks 14 and 15, played well last night. They only gave up 10 points and were the reason the Eagles were still in a position to win the game. Even in the games that the Eagles have not looked their best this season, they have found ways to win. All season, I have said "one game at a time." I'm still going with that. Which is all any fan can do at this point.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
The Eagles defense, which did not play well in weeks 14 and 15, played well last night. They only gave up 10 points and were the reason the Eagles were still in a position to win the game. Even in the games that the Eagles have not looked their best this season, they have found ways to win. All season, I have said "one game at a time." I'm still going with that. Which is all any fan can do at this point.
They played well against a bad team big difference when the playoffs start.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:49 PM

NFC East not looking good at all.

Eagles have a bi but are playing bad and that is not how you want to go into the playoffs.

Dallas = 9-7 ,no playoffs not good.

Redskins =7-9 ,no playoffs,lost to the Giants and looked very bad doing it.

Giants (my team)= 3-13 ,no playoffs ,all ready have a new GM and he is all ready shaking things up and getting rid of the cancer in the locker room.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:44 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,925 times
Quote:

Eagles have a bi but are playing bad and that is not how you want to go into the playoffs.

Giants (my team)= 3-13 ,no playoffs ,all ready have a new GM and he is all ready shaking things up and getting rid of the cancer in the locker room.
Already like that he cut the RT, Bobby Hart, yesterday.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM

32,456 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Quote:

for the last several seasons the NFC east has been a mess of inconsistencies across the board.

the eagles need to get back on track offensively for the playoffs without hurting the defensive consistency.

the cowboys need to gain consistency on both sides of the ball, and they need to revamp their defensive schemes as well.

the redskins and the giants both have plenty of issues they need to solve on both sides of the ball.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:19 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,929,750 times
Eagles probably wonít get back to having a consistent offense without Wentz unfortunately. Doesnít look good for our playoff hopes. Maybe we get lucky, I donít know... doubt it though.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:20 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,929,750 times
After week 17:

Eagles 13-3
Cowboys 9-7
Redskins 7-9
Giants 3-13

Division Records:

Eagles 5-1
Cowboys 5-1
Redskins 1-5
Giants 1-5

Eagles are the only NFC team advancing to the playoffs this season.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:21 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
After week 17:

Eagles 13-3
Cowboys 9-7
Redskins 7-9
Giants 3-13

Division Records:

Eagles 5-1
Cowboys 5-1
Redskins 1-5
Giants 1-5

Eagles are the only NFC team advancing to the playoffs this season.
Those records are so...ummm...symetrical?

(Is that the word I want?)

Old 01-02-2018, 09:11 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,230,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Those records are so...ummm...symetrical?

(Is that the word I want?)
Almost like a reflection in the water!

The weird thing about the NFC East is you can't predict how it's going to go from one season to the next. At the beginning of this season, I was convinced that Dallas was going to easily be a 12 win team, and the Redskins would be battling them for the east division, the Eagles would've improved to 8-8, and the Giants would be around 7-9 at best.

Not how it all went down at all. The Giants had coaching issues and injury issues and win 3 games. The Redskins had injury issues and only mustard up 7 wins, Dallas regressed, and the Eagles came out of nowhere and looked like the most complete Super Bowl team that I have ever seen.

Next year could be vastly different. A lot depends on who the Giants get as head coach and what they plan to do with Eli Manning. Wentz got hurt, roughly, around the same time that RGIII tore his ACL, so just judging by the time frame, you're looking at Wentz maybe or maybe not being ready for the season opener next season. What will the Redskins do with Kirk Cousins and will they get him wide receiver help? Does Dak Prescott bounce back after a sophomore slump and will Elliot avoid any future suspensions? That's one thing I do like about the NFC East. It is unpredictable, and just when you assume a team is going to be bad or going to win the division, it turns out very differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or