U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 01:09 PM

22,216 posts, read 10,253,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Foles is STREAKY...
Say Foles gets on one of those freaky streaks... throws like 12 TDs and no picks in the playoffs in route to the Eagles first SB Title... is their a QB controversy in Philly or does Foles simply land himself a new multi year contract as starting QB for another team???
If Foles plays well, and the Eagles get to the Superbowl, he will get a starting job somewhere else. However, that is a big IF. The Eagles are committed to Wentz as they should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 01:34 PM

7,117 posts, read 10,414,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If Foles plays well, and the Eagles get to the Superbowl, he will get a starting job somewhere else. However, that is a big IF. The Eagles are committed to Wentz as they should be.
^This.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:36 PM

5,900 posts, read 4,474,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
To your point, you and I had different views of what we thought was going to happen in the NFC E, and we still are both wrong.

I thought the Eagles were a year away, so what they did this year, I thought they were going to do next year. I had the Redskins as the 4-win outfit. I thought the Giants would do a LOT better and I had Dallas win over 10 games. Basically, I saw it as Dallas and the Giants with 10-11 wins, Eagles 8-8/7-9 and the 'Skins at 4-12ish...

Still very wrong.
Interesting that you had the Redskins just winning 4 games. What was the reason for that? Losing both Garcon and Jackson?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:10 PM

5,758 posts, read 4,387,126 times
Quote:
And on the flip side... if he lays an egg.. do the Eagles bring him back or go looking for a viable backup?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:54 PM

33,094 posts, read 27,487,681 times
Quote:
Foles is STREAKY...
Say Foles gets on one of those freaky streaks... throws like 12 TDs and no picks in the playoffs in route to the Eagles first SB Title... is their a QB controversy in Philly or does Foles simply land himself a new multi year contract as starting QB for another team???
Quote:
Quote:
And on the flip side... if he lays an egg.. do the Eagles bring him back or go looking for a viable backup?
honestly i think good or bad, foles remains the back up for the eagles. i think he realizes, as the league OCs do, that he isnt not much for mobility that most NFL teams are looking for in a starter, but he is a decent back up quarterback for just about any team in the league. so unless he does really poorly, he stays as the eagles back up.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:32 PM

21,825 posts, read 22,752,266 times
Quote:
it would be weird if Foles (rhymes with Bowls) comes up just short in the SB, The Eagles let him walk, he signs with Washington (who lets Cousins walk) and wins multiple championships for them. Meanwhile, Wentz never can shake the injury bug and eventually moves back to North Dakota and raises sunflowers.

football is funny sometimes

Old 01-03-2018, 03:34 PM

15,832 posts, read 5,766,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it would be weird if Foles (rhymes with Bowls) comes up just short in the SB, The Eagles let him walk, he signs with Washington (who lets Cousins walk) and wins multiple championships for them. Meanwhile, Wentz never can shake the injury bug and eventually moves back to North Dakota and raises sunflowers.

football is funny sometimes
Washington is far from "multiple championships as are the Eagles unless the defense wakes up.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:46 PM

5,758 posts, read 4,387,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Washington is far from "multiple championships as are the Eagles unless the defense wakes up.
Success is often fleeting. Tell me the Redskins were not dusting off the trophy case about midway through RGIII's rookie season! As were the Cowboys midway through Daks...

Old 01-03-2018, 03:52 PM

5,900 posts, read 4,474,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Well, you never know. For the minute or two that the 'skins were healthy they were a dangerous team to play. Who knows, maybe letting Cousins walk winds up being a blessing in disguise for the Redskins. There's going to be quality quarterbacks available in free agency, so it's not like the Redskins won't have options.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:30 PM

33,094 posts, read 27,487,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Well, you never know. For the minute or two that the 'skins were healthy they were a dangerous team to play. Who knows, maybe letting Cousins walk winds up being a blessing in disguise for the Redskins. There's going to be quality quarterbacks available in free agency, so it's not like the Redskins won't have options.
and a few decent quarterbacks will be available in the draft as well, not many though. unless the redskins can come to an agreement with cousins, and sign him to a decent multi year contract, their best bet is to mine the draft and FA for a decent quarterback they can pick up at a bargain rate and develop. that will give them plent of room under the salary cap to get other players they need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or