U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 02:09 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Jerry Jones demands absolute silence and obedience from everybody?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
the league "forgot" to send them the memo
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Maybe Jerry doesn't think that they need anyone.
Unfortunately all of these jokes hit too close to home... Good ole' Jerry Jones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 02:26 PM

18,653 posts, read 27,092,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Why are the Cowboys so quiet in off-seas in reference to free agent signings and trades... Am I missing something?
My greatest wish is for them to sell the team. But that won't happen. He is so out of touch on today's issues and how to run a consistent successful championship contending team that he is now making the fan base settle on apathy. At least show that you have your players back without alienating and embarrassing them. DFW is already tuning them out slowly but surely as the local ratings are going down. Their approach when it comes to contracts and when it comes to competing on the open market the last two off seasons are a result of arrogance and mishandling of the salary cap. That and he wants to do it "his way". He hasn't figured out "his way" has been a failure for 22 years.

Stephen has actually at least took over a bit when it comes to the cap and he takes over more as years passes. They will have lots of cap space in 2019 with Romo coming off the books and a couple releases. But his message on Scandrick before Free Agency began bothers me. Why show your hand that easily and that quickly?

Old 03-15-2018, 04:43 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,196,907 times
It looks like 3 of the NFC East have improved.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:03 AM

The Giants trade Jason Pierre Paul to Tampa Bay.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:44 PM

15,406 posts, read 5,236,314 times
Quote:
The Giants trade Jason Pierre Paul to Tampa Bay.
This is a good move for NY it will allow for the Giants to pay Odell and Collins eventually.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 PM

After Week 1 of 2018

Philadelphia 1-0
Washington 1-0
Dallas 0-1
New York 0-1

The Eagles looked good on defense and mediocre on offense - but hopefully that is just rust.
Wentz MAY return in Week 3 against Indy.
They are on the search for wide receivers.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:33 AM

After Week 2

Philadelphia 1-1
Dallas 1-1
Washington 1-1
New York 0-2

The Eagles desperately need better wide receivers.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:52 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,240,099 times
Quote:
After Week 2

Philadelphia 1-1
Dallas 1-1
Washington 1-1
New York 0-2

The Eagles desperately need better wide receivers.
Don't know what to expect from these NFC East teams this year. Last week, my 'skins looked great. This week, they looked horrible. The Eagles haven't looked great so far, Dallas looked bad last week, pretty good this week, and the Giants just look terrible altogether.

But, let's keep this in mind, there is usually a very dramatic change from the first 4 games of the season to the last.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:16 PM

32,501 posts, read 26,381,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Don't know what to expect from these NFC East teams this year. Last week, my 'skins looked great. This week, they looked horrible. The Eagles haven't looked great so far, Dallas looked bad last week, pretty good this week, and the Giants just look terrible altogether.

But, let's keep this in mind, there is usually a very dramatic change from the first 4 games of the season to the last.

i think once the season settles in, and like you said, once game four rolls around, the teams will start showing their true colors as a team.

part of the problem is that the analysts go only by what the teams did last season, and forget to take into account what was done in the off season and the pre season, and they make predictions of what the season will look like.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:55 PM

9,431 posts, read 7,108,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post

Dallas didn't look good on offense, I didn't think. They had a few good plays to start the game, but.. How much of that was a bad Dallas offense and how much was a good Giants defense?

Washington.. As I said.. last week, too much of the offense went to three people. Reed, Peterson and Thompson. Indy keyed on them, make other players beat you.. And it didn't happen. Smith or Cousins, that game was playing out the same way. They have three great players, but when a defense can key on those guys and shut everything down.. That's a problem. And, I think the end all here is that the WR corps are awful. Doctson is not panning out as a #1 receiver.. Though, there's some promise in Richardson.

Looks like they went after Gordon and when that failed, just signed Breshad Perriman.. Who, so far, looks like Doctson 1.0.. But.. I think either of those would have been a worthy gamble. I mean, what's to lose here?

The good part here, I think they actually recognize where the problem is and are trying to do something about it. So, all is not lost.. But, they have no deep threat and haven't since losing Desean Jackson, who.. Looks like he's still got it 100% after the first two weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or