U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 04:02 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,166,272 times

Advertisements

Carson to start week 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 06:49 PM

32,465 posts, read 26,339,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Dallas didn't look good on offense, I didn't think. They had a few good plays to start the game, but.. How much of that was a bad Dallas offense and how much was a good Giants defense?

the biggest problem with the dallas offense is that they are to predictable. they need to open the offense up more, and mix up the plays more so that defenses cant just pin their ears back and get pressure on the quarterback. the offensive line is getting better with the changes they made between games, and that showed with prescott getting more time to throw. the giants defense isnt all that bad, but they do have a few issues, mostly consistency. we shall see what happens this week against the seahawks.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:50 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
The Giants D also gets no help from the offense. They stay on the field way too much when the offense fails to convert any kind of third down...

Old 09-17-2018, 07:36 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
I watched some of the game last night, and I picked the Giants to win, not sure why! Cowboys won but I'm not convinced they'll be in the playoff hunt, maybe but not sure they have all the pieces to compete with top teams.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:52 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,090,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the biggest problem with the dallas offense is that they are to predictable. they need to open the offense up more, and mix up the plays more so that defenses cant just pin their ears back and get pressure on the quarterback. the offensive line is getting better with the changes they made between games, and that showed with prescott getting more time to throw. the giants defense isnt all that bad, but they do have a few issues, mostly consistency. we shall see what happens this week against the seahawks.

Sounds like what I said about the Redskins offense. I thought Dallas gave some different looks throughout the game.. I didn't think they executed all that great, but.. I didn't think it was all that predictable.. I'll pay attention more to that their next game.

I did notice that the Giants offensive line suuuuuucked.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Sounds like what I said about the Redskins offense. I thought Dallas gave some different looks throughout the game.. I didn't think they executed all that great, but.. I didn't think it was all that predictable.. I'll pay attention more to that their next game.

I did notice that the Giants offensive line suuuuuucked.

well against the giants, the cowboys did start mixing up the play calling, and they did start throwing deep more often than they had in the past. last season it was pretty much run, run, short pass. get the first down or punt. predictable.

against the giants however, the cowboys were running deeper pass routes and throwing deeper more often. the deeper passes are lower percentage plays, but they have a bigger payoff in the game.

as for the giants, yes offensive line was kept off balance since the cowboys started bring is fifth rusher on some pass plays, and even then it wasnt predictable so the giants could not hold in a running back to pass block when the needed to. the giants o line isnt that bad, but they got confused against the cowboys and that hurt them. you have to be able to account for a fifth or sixth rusher on pass plays to give your QB time.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:27 AM

3,151 posts, read 2,194,088 times
After Week 3
Philadelphia 2-1
Washington 2-1
New York 1-2
Dallas 1-2

The Eagles got an ugly win yesterday BUT it was the return of Carson Wentz. Supposedly, next week a few more of his offensive weapons will return - Jeffrey, Sproles, and Ajayi.
I heard that Jimmy Garrappolo of the 49'ers may be hurt badly. I wonder if the 49'ers would be interested in Nick Foles.
Leveon Bell is supposedly on the blocks. He would probably cost too much money.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
After Week 3
Philadelphia 2-1
Washington 2-1
New York 1-2
Dallas 1-2

The Eagles got an ugly win yesterday BUT it was the return of Carson Wentz. Supposedly, next week a few more of his offensive weapons will return - Jeffrey, Sproles, and Ajayi.
I heard that Jimmy Garrappolo of the 49'ers may be hurt badly. I wonder if the 49'ers would be interested in Nick Foles.
Leveon Bell is supposedly on the blocks. He would probably cost too much money.

nick foles would not be a good fit for the 49ers, besides given last season, and the still tender knee of wentz, i think the eagles would be wise to keep foles on the roster. you never know when the eagles will need a quarterback to catch a pass

as for leveon bell, you are right, he is going to be far too expensive for just about every team out there.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:05 AM

3,151 posts, read 2,194,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nick foles would not be a good fit for the 49ers, besides given last season, and the still tender knee of wentz, i think the eagles would be wise to keep foles on the roster. you never know when the eagles will need a quarterback to catch a pass

as for leveon bell, you are right, he is going to be far too expensive for just about every team out there.
Why wouldn't Foles be a good fit for the 49ers?

Old 09-24-2018, 08:49 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,090,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Why wouldn't Foles be a good fit for the 49ers?

I agree rbohm, at least on the ending if not the middle of the argument.

Philly can't afford to deal Foles. I do think that he would fit well in SF's offense and of course Kyle Shanahan can generally get the best out of anyone.. So, I think from SF's standpoint, especially right now with Garappolo being out, this would make sense. But.. It makes little to no sense from the Philly side, other than they could likely get max value for Foles.. Which, I honestly think is probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick. More likely 3rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or