U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-26-2018, 06:32 AM
 
Location: USA
17,644 posts, read 8,845,467 times
Reputation: 13174

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I wouldn't exactly call Wentz injury prone. I mean, the knee injury is the only major injury he's had that I know of. He had a rib injury in training camp last year.. Not crapping on your argument as I still agree with you, but.. I just can't think of him being oft-injured.

He had a pretty bad injury in college that kept him off the field for a long time. I believe most of one season. Hopefully, he can stay healthy. I really like the guy, and enjoy watching him play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2018, 10:19 AM
 
Location: VA
689 posts, read 338,017 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I thought that even with a limited Rodgers, it would still be enough for the Pack to beat the Redskins. I was wrong. Perhaps Washington is a little better than I expected...
Maybe so plus AD still have some left in his tank. He said put the ball in his hand and he can make something happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,150 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Reputation: 2314
Alshon Jeffrey has been cleared for contact. He will probably play on Sunday at Tennessee.
Maybe the wide receiver position won't be so horrible for the Eagles.


According to the Eagles website, the Eagles are a "sleeper" team - whatever that means - in their pursuit of holdout Steelers RB LeVeon Bell. How they would be able to fit him under the cap is anyone's guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Reputation: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Alshon Jeffrey has been cleared for contact. He will probably play on Sunday at Tennessee.
Maybe the wide receiver position won't be so horrible for the Eagles.


According to the Eagles website, the Eagles are a "sleeper" team - whatever that means - in their pursuit of holdout Steelers RB LeVeon Bell. How they would be able to fit him under the cap is anyone's guess.
Before the new league year started, the Eagles were going to have to make some cuts to get under the cap, I don't know how they would be able to get LeVeon Bell. That will be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Reputation: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rogers can hardly move with injured knee.
Rodgers was moving around just fine on Sunday. Gotta give the Redskins credit. They made more plays than the Packers did and beat them soundly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,150 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Before the new league year started, the Eagles were going to have to make some cuts to get under the cap, I don't know how they would be able to get LeVeon Bell. That will be interesting.
If they were to trade Nick Foles, they would save about $8 mil - at least that is what they are saying on the Eagles site.
The Titans released WR Rishard Matthews. The Eagles MIGHT be interested.
S Rodney Macleod is finished for the year. The Eagles MIGHT be on the lookout for a safety also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Reputation: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
If they were to trade Nick Foles, they would save about $8 mil - at least that is what they are saying on the Eagles site.
The Titans released WR Rishard Matthews. The Eagles MIGHT be interested.
S Rodney Macleod is finished for the year. The Eagles MIGHT be on the lookout for a safety also.
But in my opinion, trading Nick Foles, now, would undermine the whole reason for not trading him earlier in the league year when they could've possibly gotten some very high round draft picks from the trade. I mean, essentially, the Eagles passed on a treasure chest to keep Nick Foles for what would, essentially, be two games - where he went 1-1 and played rather average. You trade him now for Bell, and you know Bell is going to want to get paid BIG TIME, it just wouldn't make any sense. Not only that, but didn't the Steelers draft a QB that will eventually replace Big Ben? Why would they want Nick Foles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,150 posts, read 2,192,181 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
But in my opinion, trading Nick Foles, now, would undermine the whole reason for not trading him earlier in the league year when they could've possibly gotten some very high round draft picks from the trade. I mean, essentially, the Eagles passed on a treasure chest to keep Nick Foles for what would, essentially, be two games - where he went 1-1 and played rather average. You trade him now for Bell, and you know Bell is going to want to get paid BIG TIME, it just wouldn't make any sense. Not only that, but didn't the Steelers draft a QB that will eventually replace Big Ben? Why would they want Nick Foles?
Foles wouldn't be traded to Pittsburgh - but moving him would save about 8 mil. It will depend on what they think of Nate Sudfeld.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 09:19 AM
 
Location: USA
17,644 posts, read 8,845,467 times
Reputation: 13174
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
But in my opinion, trading Nick Foles, now, would undermine the whole reason for not trading him earlier in the league year when they could've possibly gotten some very high round draft picks from the trade. I mean, essentially, the Eagles passed on a treasure chest to keep Nick Foles for what would, essentially, be two games -
Well you told me last year they would never keep Foles in the first place because they didn't have cap space. I said they would because not only would they need him at the beginning of the season, but also as an insurance policy in case Wentz got hurt AGAIN. Foles isn't going anywhere, at least not this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Reputation: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well you told me last year they would never keep Foles in the first place because they didn't have cap space. I said they would because not only would they need him at the beginning of the season, but also as an insurance policy in case Wentz got hurt AGAIN. Foles isn't going anywhere, at least not this season.

Here's what I said:

Quote:
No, no they can't. The final 3 years of his contract is void if he's still on the roster come February 2019, meaning, he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Meaning, the Eagles would pass up an opportunity to get something for Foles, whose trade value is through the roof right now. The Eagles could possibly get a first rounder for him, or at least the picks back that they don't have in this year's draft. You think the Eagles would turn down that opportunity to pick up two players (maybe even more) who could come in and make an impact for this team, just for one player who would be headed back to the bench? And as far as Nick Foles goes, do you honestly think after winning the Super Bowl and being named MVP, that he would truly be OK heading back to the bench, making "backup pay" and never getting an opportunity to start for another team and continue building his own legacy? It's nice to think that Foles is such a humble guy (I don't doubt he is a humble guy), that he's willing to just accept that winning the Super Bowl and MVP honors in that Super Bowl is a one time opportunity for him and he's OK with not having that opportunity ever again, now that he knows he's capable of playing well in the post season? You gotta be insane to think he wouldn't want to go somewhere, get PAID, and be a starter. If a player doesn't want to start in the NFL, then he doesn't belong in the NFL. I truly believe Foles is headed somewhere else, and we'll know in the next few weeks where he lands.
Obviously, the Eagles did keep Foles by reworking his contract.

"Outside of the new money, the Eagles and Foles now have a mutual option for the 2019 season. The Eagles have the option to keep Foles under contract for $20 million in 2019 if they want -- but Foles has the ability to buy his way out of the deal by paying back his new $2 million signing bonus he just got.

Overall, the deal seems to basically include way more incentives than his previous deal, and sets Foles up to make more money if he, you know, wins Super Bowl MVP again.
" https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...es_eagles.html

What is interesting is this little tidbit: "The Eagles are currently projected to have just $1.4 million in salary cap space for the 2019 season. Although that number will go up, the limited cap space essentially ensures that chances the Eagles will not end up picking up the $20 million option for Foles in 2019. "


Foles is still probably gone in 2019, because the Eagles aren't going to pay a backup QB $20M for one season while they're going to be pretty tight with the salary cap again next year. Eagles are paying him $9M right now for two games. The Eagles went 1-1. Was it worth it? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top