U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 07:59 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if the Eagles are getting it together or if the Giants are just horrendous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 11:15 PM

12,914 posts, read 8,748,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'm not sure if the Eagles are getting it together or if the Giants are just horrendous.
The Giants are just terrible, the Eagles at 2-3 before the game aren't anything spectacular. Eli could not dance around any pass rush and didn't help that Giants overspent on Nate Solder that couldn't block anyone either.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:57 AM

3,151 posts, read 2,193,588 times
Barkley made the Eagles defenders, especially Malcolm Jenkins, look silly.
They needed that win to get back on track. Now they have a mini-bye - make trades for offensive weapons - and then finish the season, hopefully, on a roll.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:31 AM

32,460 posts, read 26,332,322 times
i think it is a combination of both. the eagles are starting to get things together, but they are in serious need of a running game, and they need more organization on defense as well.

the giants are completely disorganized but they have some bright spots, like they do have a running game, and eli is still effective in the passing game, he just needs an offensive line that lets him work.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM

The Giants offensive line stinks but Eli also looks like he's finished.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,086,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think it is a combination of both. the eagles are starting to get things together, but they are in serious need of a running game, and they need more organization on defense as well.

the giants are completely disorganized but they have some bright spots, like they do have a running game, and eli is still effective in the passing game, he just needs an offensive line that lets him work.

this was Barkley's breakout game. I was talking to someone about this yesterday before the game and basically said "Here we go with another Penn State running back who flops in the NFL".. But that was a heck of a game by Barkley.

You look at the stat lines, excluding TDs, you would expect the Giants to win that game handily. Or at the very least it to be a very competitive game.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:10 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The Giants offensive line stinks but Eli also looks like he's finished.

Eli should have retired at half time last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
this was Barkley's breakout game. I was talking to someone about this yesterday before the game and basically said "Here we go with another Penn State running back who flops in the NFL".. But that was a heck of a game by Barkley.

You look at the stat lines, excluding TDs, you would expect the Giants to win that game handily. Or at the very least it to be a very competitive game.

Barkley looks great. I'm a huge Penn State fan and followed him through high school as well. He is the real deal. Too bad he is on the Giants.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,086,964 times
Quote:
Barkley looks great. I'm a huge Penn State fan and followed him through high school as well. He is the real deal. Too bad he is on the Giants.

Well...

DJ Dozier
Blair Thomas
Gary Brown
Ki-Jana Carter
Curtis Enis
Larry Johnson

Now.. Not all those were busts due to performance, LJ was pretty good, and I think Ki-Jana would have been had it not been for injuries.. But, overall, you kinda have to consider them busts. I had actually forgotten all about Gary Brown.. Who.. he's another one that there could be argument about whether he was a bust or not.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Eli should have retired at half time last night.

Since he came from Coplay in Lehigh County (Whitehall High School AND Penn State), it would really be fantastic if he were on the Eagles.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:11 PM

32,460 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

i never look at stat lines, especially when dealing with rivalry games. rivalry games are always fraught with things that dont follow the stats. the difference last night was that philly was on their game, and the giants were not. it could very easily have gone the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or