U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 04:38 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times

Advertisements

just looked in on the eagles game, and the saints are mopping the field with the eagles 38-7. oddly enough though, they are still in the playoff hunt, sort of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 04:54 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Saints will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt. They look very good.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:12 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,669 times
I thought the Eagles were cooked after last week's week loss to Dallas. Now, with Alex Smith out for the year, I think Dallas will take the division, starting with a win over the Skins on Thanksgiving...

Old 11-18-2018, 05:41 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
The 1 year Eagles "dynasty" is over. They're 4-6 and still have to play at Dallas and at Los Angeles (Rams). At best they finish 9-7. I think a 7-9 season is more likely.

Colt McCoy showed some flashes today and lead some nice drives for the Redskins. All hope may not be lost just yet.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The 1 year Eagles "dynasty" is over. They're 4-6 and still have to play at Dallas and at Los Angeles (Rams). At best they finish 9-7. I think a 7-9 season is more likely.

Colt McCoy showed some flashes today and lead some nice drives for the Redskins. All hope may not be lost just yet.
I think it is. I might be wrong, but havent we seen McCoy in this position before? He didnt light up the world before. I am probably missing something, but I thought he was going to be a quality NFL starter when he came out of Texas years ago...

Old 11-18-2018, 07:42 PM

5,753 posts, read 4,226,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I think it is. I might be wrong, but havent we seen McCoy in this position before? He didnt light up the world before. I am probably missing something, but I thought he was going to be a quality NFL starter when he came out of Texas years ago...
McCoy's issue is staying healthy. He's played pretty well for the Redskins before. He's beaten Dallas in Dallas before on the big stage (MNF.) McCoy may only need to win three more games in this season to secure the division and a playoff spot. Nobody is expecting him to win the Super Bowl, but he's been with this team for about five years now. If anybody can lead this team, it's Colt McCoy.

Just remember, guys like Rich Gannon started off their careers pretty horrible, and yet, had an excellent career later on in life, and a Super Bowl appearance. Colt started off with Cleveland - rough place to succeed. I think McCoy can do well for this year, but in no way do I think he's the full fledge starter for years to come.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:39 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,071,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
McCoy's issue is staying healthy. He's played pretty well for the Redskins before. He's beaten Dallas in Dallas before on the big stage (MNF.) McCoy may only need to win three more games in this season to secure the division and a playoff spot. Nobody is expecting him to win the Super Bowl, but he's been with this team for about five years now. If anybody can lead this team, it's Colt McCoy.

Just remember, guys like Rich Gannon started off their careers pretty horrible, and yet, had an excellent career later on in life, and a Super Bowl appearance. Colt started off with Cleveland - rough place to succeed. I think McCoy can do well for this year, but in no way do I think he's the full fledge starter for years to come.

Colt, as I mentioned in the Redskins thread, is equal right now to Smith and the way he had been playing. Lateral move.

Smith has more experience and protects the ball better.. But.. Colt threw some pretty balls downfield.. Something that we have not seen from Smith this year. So.. I think it all balances. I think the offense may open up a bit more.. Which means that Davis can't drop two passes like he did today.. and Doctson really needs to step up.. Trey Quinn.. I like that guy.. He looks a whole lot like a Hunter Renfrow.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Colt, as I mentioned in the Redskins thread, is equal right now to Smith and the way he had been playing. Lateral move.

Smith has more experience and protects the ball better.. But.. Colt threw some pretty balls downfield.. Something that we have not seen from Smith this year. So.. I think it all balances. I think the offense may open up a bit more.. Which means that Davis can't drop two passes like he did today.. and Doctson really needs to step up.. Trey Quinn.. I like that guy.. He looks a whole lot like a Hunter Renfrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post

You guys could well be right with McCoy going forward. I know the Redskins hope he plays well. I do think McCoy has got somewhat of a raw deal, because no one could have succeeded in Cleveland when he was there.

Let's see how this Thursday plays out. But right now, I think Dallas is going to win the division.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:06 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I thought the Eagles were cooked after last week's week loss to Dallas. Now, with Alex Smith out for the year, I think Dallas will take the division, starting with a win over the Skins on Thanksgiving...

even with smith out, the redskins offense is still going to be a force to be reckoned with. colt mccoy is a decent quarterback who has never really been able to show off what he can do, rather like nick foles last season.

if dallas can win thursday, then they have the leg up in the division, if not then they have a fight on their hands to get a wildcard spot.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:42 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
The Cowboys did not look like a playoff team yesterday despite the win.. if they play any half decent team they would have lost.. the the only savior was the Falcons looked just a tad worse then they did. I would not hang my hat on the Cowboys taking the East.. very inconsistent.. solid defense but load the box and i don't think Dak can beat you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or