U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 08:09 AM

32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
When the Eagles beat the Browns and Bears, the majority were dismissing their 2-0 start because the Bears and Browns are not good.

How come no one is dismissing the Cowboys 3-1 start - since they haven't played anyone good yet? Their out of division games were against the same Bears (with the backup QB) and the 49ers. They split games in the division - which is par for the course.

All we have been hearing is the Cowboys are back, and what will they do with Romo. I'm saying they haven't played anyone good yet, and should get the same treatment the Eagles got before they beat the Steelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I understand your question, and I agree with you...

We're about to see what the Cowboys really are. Do I think Prescott is the QB of the future, do I think the team has improved, do I think they can potentially win a toss-up division? Yes, yes, and yes. However, they have had a soft Q1 of the season. The meat and potatoes begins this week. Their next 9 games are gonna be tough:

vs Bengals, @Packers, vs Eagles, @Browns, @Steelers, vs Ravens, vs Redskins, @Vikings, @Giants...

The worst team in that run, the Browns, has been competing in every game besides Week 1, and will be a challenge. At best, maybe the Cowboys go 5-4. That's not a bad deal, as it would make them 8-5 going into the last three weeks, in a division that is going to be tight again. I can't peg them for 6 or more wins in that stretch----they aren't that good...

Prescott has a problem with throwing either too high or too low, and he does it way too often. They are about to face some defenses (Bengals, Eagles, etc) that will capitalize and make him pay for that. Also, that defense has yet to face a Top tier quarterback. That's about to change too...

So, to your point, the Cowboys haven't really proven anything yet. I refuse to buy into anybody in the NFC East. They've won a division game and beat the Niners and Bears....
as far as i am concerned, the eagles are the real deal, as are the cowboys. both teams have started off the season well, and both should continue to do well regardless of who they play.

do i think either will win the division? not sure yet, anything can happen with injuries to key players, and so on. however right now were i to pick an NFC east champ, my money would be on the eagles, with dallas right on their heals, probably a game behind. i also think that BOTH teams can make the playoffs this year, though i think the eagles will go deeper than the cowboys, unless the cowboys get some help on defense even though they are improving in that area.

the giants and redskins will make the division interesting this season, though they will both likely play the spoiler role, as well as fight for the bottom of the division.

this season will be interesting though, and it depends on how healthy the teams are in the middle and end of the season as to how well they do. remember last season the cowboys lost romo, bryant, and a number of others, and became a one dimensional offense, and as such their defense spent too much time on the field. this season however, the cowboys have a solid receiver and running back corps, enough so that even mark sanchez should be able to win games with the cowboys if they stay healthy.

in the end we shall see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 08:47 AM

1,193 posts, read 718,443 times
Quote:
When the Eagles beat the Browns and Bears, the majority were dismissing their 2-0 start because the Bears and Browns are not good.

How come no one is dismissing the Cowboys 3-1 start - since they haven't played anyone good yet? Their out of division games were against the same Bears (with the backup QB) and the 49ers. They split games in the division - which is par for the course.

All we have been hearing is the Cowboys are back, and what will they do with Romo. I'm saying they haven't played anyone good yet, and should get the same treatment the Eagles got before they beat the Steelers.
Because I believe the niners and skins are better teams than the Browns and bears. Now I agree they have not beaten anyone who is good yet which is why the next 4 games will tell It all. Now they play the Bengals next week who I don't think is that good of a team. The test to me is the packers, vikings, .and eagles

Old 10-04-2016, 06:26 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,241,502 times
You can't really predict the NFC East until about three games before the season ends. Four games in, it's a bit naive to say who's going to be in the basement and who's going to win the division. Things might look completely different four weeks from now. One thing I can say, it doesn't look like the NFC East is going to be the NFC LEAST this year. All four teams will be tough to beat. Looks to be a rebounding year for that division.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:59 AM

On 10/4, looks like the cowboys and eagles will battle for the division.

Now that may change by 11/4

Old 10-04-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post

Looking ahead, the Eagles have a pretty nasty looking schedule. I think they will have no problem with the Lions, but then it's followed by the Redskins, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, and Bengals. Only three of those eight games are home games.

For the Cowboys, their next 8 games consist of the Packers, Eagles, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, Vikings, and Giants. Again, only three home games, but three division games in that stretch.

If those teams are at the top of the division by the end of those eight games stretches, then they most certainly deserve to be there.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Looking ahead, the Eagles have a pretty nasty looking schedule. I think they will have no problem with the Lions, but then it's followed by the Redskins, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, and Bengals. Only three of those eight games are home games.

For the Cowboys, their next 8 games consist of the Packers, Eagles, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, Vikings, and Giants. Again, only three home games, but three division games in that stretch.

If those teams are at the top of the division by the end of those eight games stretches, then they most certainly deserve to be there.
I think the cowboys beat cincy and lose to green bay

Not sure what happens after that because romo will be back

Old 10-04-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I think the cowboys beat cincy and lose to green bay

Not sure what happens after that because romo will be back
I think if Dak continues playing well, Tony will remain on the bench.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:55 PM

32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times
nfc
Quote:
You can't really predict the NFC East until about three games before the season ends. Four games in, it's a bit naive to say who's going to be in the basement and who's going to win the division. Things might look completely different four weeks from now. One thing I can say, it doesn't look like the NFC East is going to be the NFC LEAST this year. All four teams will be tough to beat. Looks to be a rebounding year for that division.
Quote:

actually you cant really predict any division in the league three games in because the future is not known. what happens if the patriots have a similar rash of season ending injuries like the cowboys did in 2015? or what happens if the cardinals go on a tear, even with stanton running the offense?

the point here is we can only judge trends by what is happening now, and by history of each team. i will grant that the NFC east has a dubious history recently, but i think things are changing. and it is still the most contentious division in the league.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:50 PM

28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Quote:

Solid post... well, you did forget the Bengals on the Cowboys schedule next week - but your point is good.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Solid post... well, you did forget the Bengals on the Cowboys schedule next week - but your point is good.
I'm thinking he meant to list the Bengals and not the Browns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or