U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 07:51 AM

2,125 posts, read 4,323,992 times

Advertisements

The Cows kinda shut down the NFL's #6 ranked offense pretty much including ther #1 passer and receiver ... held the Falcons to their lowest point output of the year in a must-have game and after that had been playing exceptionally well. So it's a bit misleading to say they "did not look like a playoff team". If Dallas doesn't look like a playoff team then Wash. doesn't either. (Pretty much the NFCE sux this year).

Obviously the Cowboy offense is not very good and that's a given because of weakness at QB, almost no competent TE, and injuries along the OL.

Washington and Dallas are pretty even defensively: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2018/opp.htm

And yes, McCoy has played exceptionally well against Dallas in the past. These teams rank mazingly even on offense too (as on defense ... see the defensive link above). https://www.pro-football-reference.c...all_team_stats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 11:04 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The Cowboys did not look like a playoff team yesterday despite the win.. if they play any half decent team they would have lost.. the the only savior was the Falcons looked just a tad worse then they did. I would not hang my hat on the Cowboys taking the East.. very inconsistent.. solid defense but load the box and i don't think Dak can beat you..
But somebody has to win the East. Obviously, the Giants havent been in the conversation since October. I think Philly is done, and their schedule doesnt get any easier. That leaves Washington and Dallas (The two teams I like least in the division, frankly). The teams almost mirror each other now: Inconsistent offense with good defenses. As I said, right now, I will take Dallas in an overall weak division. It may come down to, who do you think is more likely to beat you: Dak or McCoy? Neither have proven to be world beaters, but I will take Dak over McCoy and Zeke over Peterson.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:09 PM

32,512 posts, read 26,406,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The Cowboys did not look like a playoff team yesterday despite the win.. if they play any half decent team they would have lost.. the the only savior was the Falcons looked just a tad worse then they did. I would not hang my hat on the Cowboys taking the East.. very inconsistent.. solid defense but load the box and i don't think Dak can beat you..

but dallas is improving. the offense is starting to get more consistent, and they are opening up the playbook and letting dak be dak. washington on the other hand has to deal with losing their starting QB, and that will weigh heavily on them to perform on thursday. we shall see what happens down the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
But somebody has to win the East. Obviously, the Giants havent been in the conversation since October. I think Philly is done, and their schedule doesnt get any easier. That leaves Washington and Dallas (The two teams I like least in the division, frankly). The teams almost mirror each other now: Inconsistent offense with good defenses. As I said, right now, I will take Dallas in an overall weak division. It may come down to, who do you think is more likely to beat you: Dak or McCoy? Neither have proven to be world beaters, but I will take Dak over McCoy and Zeke over Peterson.

i wont count philly out just yet as they have a habit of coming back from adversity. and while dallas is improving, and washington just lost their starting QB. and while that can seem like a disadvantage, it sometimes galvanizes a team to execute better. again we shall see what happens.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:33 PM

2,125 posts, read 4,323,992 times
Dallas has not won a game against any team that is >.500. This is quite telling.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:08 PM

9,433 posts, read 7,119,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Dallas has not won a game against any team that is >.500. This is quite telling.

Well, short of Carolina, neither has Washington.

It's going to be tight. You generally expect a split on division games, which means Dallas would win Thursday..

If you look at what's left.. Dallas then would be 6-5 with 1 game that they 'should' lose, being against the Saints. So, their best shot is 10-6

Washington would be 6-5 with no games that they should lose left.. Which would put them at 11-5.. Titans are.. Sporadic, so they could lose that.. Possible to drop one game vs Philly.

If Washington beats Dallas.. My opinion.. That's it. They have the tiebreaker.

Washington hasn't put more than 23 points on the board since week 3. I think this changes with McCoy in.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:40 PM

3,160 posts, read 2,198,740 times
Dallas 6-5
Washington 6-5
Philadelphia 5-6
New York 3-8

Not exactly the elite division of the NFL.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:29 PM

32,512 posts, read 26,406,003 times
maybe not, but dallas is moving forward while the rest of the division is not. we shall see what happens going forward from here though. the cowboys have the saints and eagles at home then they travel to indianapolis, then back home for tampa bay then off to new york for the giants.

the redskins have the eagles on the road, the giants at home, then the jags and titans both on the road then back home for the eagles again.

the eagles have the redskins at home, the cowboys on the road, as well as the rams on the road, then back home for the texans the to washington for the redskins.

the giants have the bears at home, the redskins on the road, then back home for the titans, then the colts on the road, then the cowboys at home.

it will be an interesting five weeks for the NFC east.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:58 PM

12,971 posts, read 8,787,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
maybe not, but dallas is moving forward while the rest of the division is not. we shall see what happens going forward from here though. the cowboys have the saints and eagles at home then they travel to indianapolis, then back home for tampa bay then off to new york for the giants.

the redskins have the eagles on the road, the giants at home, then the jags and titans both on the road then back home for the eagles again.

the eagles have the redskins at home, the cowboys on the road, as well as the rams on the road, then back home for the texans the to washington for the redskins.

the giants have the bears at home, the redskins on the road, then back home for the titans, then the colts on the road, then the cowboys at home.

it will be an interesting five weeks for the NFC east.
Eagles will be beat the skins. Giants will not win anymore the rest of the season.

Dallas will win the division.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:00 AM

3,160 posts, read 2,198,740 times
As far as the Eagles are concerned, it's 1 week at a time.
I would assume that Dallas will lose to New Orleans and then we will see whether the Eagles beat the Skins or not.
If they do, then they will both have 6-6 records.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:25 AM

2,859 posts, read 1,456,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Eagles will be beat the skins. Giants will not win anymore the rest of the season.

Dallas will win the division.

I think the Skins will beat the Eagles. And the Cowboys are going to be absolutely destroyed by the Saints this weekend. I think it's going to come down between the Redskins and Cowboys for the division. Which, I guess, is cool, because no NFC East team will get past round 1 of the playoffs anyway so it's kinda like meh who cares.

The Giants are the Giants lol. But I gotta admit, they got screwed yesterday. Ref missed TWO obvious calls on OBJ's touchdown pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or