U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 04:28 PM

32,593 posts, read 26,544,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
How does that work exactly?

All 3 teams are in the same division but the Giants sneak in because the Cowboys and Eagles beat each other up?

And what are the Cowboys and Eagles going to do to the Giants?? Not show up?

Sorry Giants are in rebuild mode while Cowboys and Eagles are in compete for a title mode....

No chance the Giants "grab the NFC East"

and you hit the problem most people have. they are overlooking the giants. few are expecting much from the giants because they are "rebuilding", but too many times over the years teams that are "in rebuilding years" surprise people. dont count the giants out by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 05:18 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,213,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
How does that work exactly?

All 3 teams are in the same division but the Giants sneak in because the Cowboys and Eagles beat each other up?

And what are the Cowboys and Eagles going to do to the Giants?? Not show up?

Sorry Giants are in rebuild mode while Cowboys and Eagles are in compete for a title mode....

No chance the Giants "grab the NFC East"
Are you a Giants fan?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:13 AM

4,923 posts, read 3,998,260 times
I am not that high on the Giants yet. They have talent, but not as much as the Eagles or Cowboys. Of course, the Eagles are very questionable at QB backup, and the Cowboys have depth all around.......Coaching may be a factor. Cowboy's coaching is not that good, Eagles is, but Giants look to have something good starting on the sidelines. It will make for an interesting season

Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM

18,509 posts, read 9,093,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Of course, the Eagles are very questionable at QB backup
Well that can be said for just about every NFL team. The Eagles were fortunate to have Foles, but he is a starter now elsewhere. Back up QB's typically don't win Super Bowls like Foles did.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:27 PM

Keep your eye on Nate Sudfeld.
Then again, MAYBE Wentz won't get hurt.
Who is the Cowboys backup QB?

Old 07-29-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I am not that high on the Giants yet. They have talent, but not as much as the Eagles or Cowboys. Of course, the Eagles are very questionable at QB backup, and the Cowboys have depth all around.......Coaching may be a factor. Cowboy's coaching is not that good, Eagles is, but Giants look to have something good starting on the sidelines. It will make for an interesting season

i dont think the coaching is the problem, though i was railing against marenilli the last few seasons. but the defense has been getting better over that time. i thin the real problem recently for the cowboys has been the OC, and he was replaced with kellen moore for this season, we shall see what kellen comes up with for an offensive scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Keep your eye on Nate Sudfeld.
Then again, MAYBE Wentz won't get hurt.
Who is the Cowboys backup QB?

after prescott, there is cooper rush, and mike white. rush should be a fine back up qb.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont think the coaching is the problem, though i was railing against marenilli the last few seasons. but the defense has been getting better over that time. i thin the real problem recently for the cowboys has been the OC, and he was replaced with kellen moore for this season, we shall see what kellen comes up with for an offensive scheme.

after prescott, there is cooper rush, and mike white. rush should be a fine back up qb.
Could Rush win playoff games? I have to admit that I have never heard of him before.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Could Rush win playoff games? I have to admit that I have never heard of him before.

i dont know, he is a young QB that looked decent in last years preseason games, and is similar to prescott game wise, so swapping the two would not mean changing the offensive scheme whole lot.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
i dont know, he is a young QB that looked decent in last years preseason games, and is similar to prescott game wise, so swapping the two would not mean changing the offensive scheme whole lot.
Thanks.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:20 PM

9,504 posts, read 7,191,433 times
Quote:

Precisely zero real game experience, tho. That's tough for any QB. The backup QBs that seem to do the best are ones that are polar opposite of the starter. My theory on that is that the defenses gameplan for QB A and when they're thrown a curve and QB B comes in.. He's able to exploit the holes.

The best you can hope for out of a backup QB in todays world is someone who can 'hold down the fort' for a few weeks while the starter heals. And you hope that the starter just winds up in concussion protocol or similar.. Something that won't keep him out 6 to 8 weeks (or longer). The days of having a backup that could start elsewhere are pretty much gone.

A few teams have serviceable backups. I personally think Washington has a decent one in Colt McCoy, other than the fact he's apt to get hurt himself, as has happened about every time he's played a down.

I do like Sudfeld, but.. He has previous little real game experience.

Baltimore having RG3.. Same as above. He could be the best backup QB in the league if he's a good mentor to Lamar Jackson. Certainly should be able to tell him what NOT to do.

Once teams make cuts.. This might be something interesting to go over to evaluate the backup QBs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or