U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 11:48 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,226,868 times

Advertisements

Yes, I meant to list the Bengals. Another tough game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 12:08 PM

1,195 posts, read 2,521,658 times
Romo should stay on the bench and ride this season out- maybe if he not seen as a $hit stirrer and messing up a good thing with Prescott, he might get lucky and get a job somewhere else next year!

Granted it's his team, but why rock the boat and start a pi$$ing contest with dax and management for nothing?

Old 10-05-2016, 11:34 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
Well....if Dak $#!ts the bed against these quality teams than Romo should certainly come back. Giants, best team they've played so far and I don't even think they are that good. If Dak can hold his own against Cincinnati & Green Bay and go 1-1 than yah I think Romo should stay on the bench.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:40 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,226,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Well....if Dak $#!ts the bed against these quality teams than Romo should certainly come back. Giants, best team they've played so far and I don't even think they are that good. If Dak can hold his own against Cincinnati & Green Bay and go 1-1 than yah I think Romo should stay on the bench.
Dak has played well, but even if the Cowboys lose the next two games, I don't believe it will be because of Dak Prescott. I believe it will be because the defense lets the Cowboys down. It's amazing seeing these rookies play with so much confidence. And why should they not? Some of these guys have been playing ever since they were in little league. It's in their blood. They're men. Dak looks like a guy that doesn't worry about how big of a stage he's on. He doesn't even think of it as a stage, he's just looking at it as he's one cog of the machine that is supposed to go out there and do his job. And, he's been doing it pretty well. Pains me to say that as a Redskins fan, but I give credit where credit is due, and Prescott is the future for this team. I don't see Romo getting his job back unless Prescott gets hurt.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:59 AM

28,445 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Dak has played well, but even if the Cowboys lose the next two games, I don't believe it will be because of Dak Prescott. I believe it will be because the defense lets the Cowboys down. It's amazing seeing these rookies play with so much confidence. And why should they not? Some of these guys have been playing ever since they were in little league. It's in their blood. They're men. Dak looks like a guy that doesn't worry about how big of a stage he's on. He doesn't even think of it as a stage, he's just looking at it as he's one cog of the machine that is supposed to go out there and do his job. And, he's been doing it pretty well. Pains me to say that as a Redskins fan, but I give credit where credit is due, and Prescott is the future for this team. I don't see Romo getting his job back unless Prescott gets hurt.
Anything is possible with J Jones at the helm...

Old 10-06-2016, 12:26 PM

18,631 posts, read 27,042,193 times
If Romo is healthy, he's coming back. This isn't just a Jerry decision. This is a team decision. It is what it is. Also, I doubt it would make Dak mad. He already knows it is his team. He is doing what Weeden and Cassel could not do.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:35 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,227,633 times
I want to see a Dak vs Carson battle when we play Philly. Romo can come back for the Cleveland game.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:27 PM

128 posts, read 64,323 times
New England have 3 victory and 1 lose game. I did not know before last visit in home page.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:15 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,172,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I want to see a Dak vs Carson battle when we play Philly. Romo can come back for the Cleveland game.
Would be a good game!

Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,435,209 times
I have no complaints about Dak, but eventually he's going to be in a game where his cage gets rattled big time. He has a long good future in the NFL for sure, but he is still not ready to take Romo's place. He has been getting days back there to throw and if Romo had been in there, this team is 4-0, easily. Romo can pull out wins nobody else can and Jerry knows that. Romo still gives the Cowboys the best chance to make the playoffs and win in the playoffs. I support Romo returning to the starting role, even if the Cowboys were 6-1 and we lost the first game Romo comes back in. Dak is playing in a game by game system the coaches create for him. When it comes time to have to wing it and pull one out of that little something extra Romo has, he will fail. And that is just something experience gives you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or