Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 11:22 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I keep waiting for the Cowboys to come back down to earth but they won't lol
Geez, nfceast, you have been saying the stuff I have been thinking before I can post all day! Ha!

Anyway, I dont like the Giants matchup against the Steelers, as I keep thinking the Steelers are going to return to form, and you always worry a team to return to form against your team. Also, I figure the Browns are going to get more desperate as the season progresses if they stay winless. Cincy? Who knows what Bengals team is going to show up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 05:39 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Geez, nfceast, you have been saying the stuff I have been thinking before I can post all day! Ha!

Anyway, I dont like the Giants matchup against the Steelers, as I keep thinking the Steelers are going to return to form, and you always worry a team to return to form against your team. Also, I figure the Browns are going to get more desperate as the season progresses if they stay winless. Cincy? Who knows what Bengals team is going to show up?
It just confirms that dak is really a good QB. And I'm sick of the media saying because he doesn't have to do much because of the Oline and running game.

Give the man credit since he has won 7 straight games as a starter with two of them being comeback wins vs division rivals

Old 11-07-2016, 06:41 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
The NFL posted a graphic on their Facebook this morning which states if the season ended today, the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins all make the playoffs. The Packers losing yesterday was pretty big, along with the Bucs and Eagles losing. Detroit continues to be a pain in the tush though.

I was pulling for the Giants to win yesterday, simply because I know the Redskins have them again, this time at home. I like the Redskins chances against them at home. Playing the Eagles in Philly, that's always a toss up, although I think we're starting to see what we were expecting from the Eagles prior to the season.

The Redskins got the Vikings this coming weekend. The Vikings are regressing, and the 'skins have them at home. I think the next three weeks will decide if the Redskins can make the post season or not.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:40 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
The NFL posted a graphic on their Facebook this morning which states if the season ended today, the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins all make the playoffs. The Packers losing yesterday was pretty big, along with the Bucs and Eagles losing. Detroit continues to be a pain in the tush though.

I was pulling for the Giants to win yesterday, simply because I know the Redskins have them again, this time at home. I like the Redskins chances against them at home. Playing the Eagles in Philly, that's always a toss up, although I think we're starting to see what we were expecting from the Eagles prior to the season.

The Redskins got the Vikings this coming weekend. The Vikings are regressing, and the 'skins have them at home. I think the next three weeks will decide if the Redskins can make the post season or not.
I was pulling for Philly to win because I dislike the Giants with a burning passion lol, and I felt that the Eagles are more of a threat to us. Division games are always iffy...

I saw that graphic, but I don't understand how accurate that is when Detroit has the higher win percentage. Either way, I agree with you, we have to win. These next five are crucial, seeing as we have a three game road stand following the Packers. Minnesota will be a tough game, I don't see how we lose to the Packers. The Redskins are in a position where I feel we have to go 4-1 in the next five, I don't think there's any way around it. Two division games, all five are NFC games, so if we drop one I'd rather it be out of division, but we have to come out of this 4-1 to emerge from the pack. And I think they have it in them, but I'm not sure they've had this much pressure/expectation for the postseason in years. Last year we started horribly and came on strong when we were written off, really the same deal in '12. This year we are a better team and expected to be a playoff team. I just hope they live up to the pressure!

Dallas is going to have their moment. They are going to lose two in a row at some point. I'm not impressed--I see the defense playing better and the offense is in sync, but I can't believe them to be a Super Bowl contender yet. The NFC is down this year, but I still see the Falcons and Seahawks as the NFC Championship Game unless they have to play each other sooner. Not convinced Dallas can beat either of them yet...

Old 11-07-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I was pulling for Philly to win because I dislike the Giants with a burning passion lol, and I felt that the Eagles are more of a threat to us. Division games are always iffy...

I saw that graphic, but I don't understand how accurate that is when Detroit has the higher win percentage. Either way, I agree with you, we have to win. These next five are crucial, seeing as we have a three game road stand following the Packers. Minnesota will be a tough game, I don't see how we lose to the Packers. The Redskins are in a position where I feel we have to go 4-1 in the next five, I don't think there's any way around it. Two division games, all five are NFC games, so if we drop one I'd rather it be out of division, but we have to come out of this 4-1 to emerge from the pack. And I think they have it in them, but I'm not sure they've had this much pressure/expectation for the postseason in years. Last year we started horribly and came on strong when we were written off, really the same deal in '12. This year we are a better team and expected to be a playoff team. I just hope they live up to the pressure!

Dallas is going to have their moment. They are going to lose two in a row at some point. I'm not impressed--I see the defense playing better and the offense is in sync, but I can't believe them to be a Super Bowl contender yet. The NFC is down this year, but I still see the Falcons and Seahawks as the NFC Championship Game unless they have to play each other sooner. Not convinced Dallas can beat either of them yet...
It's hard for me to pull for the Eagles on any sunday.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:14 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post

Detroit has dropped 4 games. The Redskins have only lost 3 games, with the tie being a slight edge for us. And the Redskins actually have a higher win percentage (.563) than the Lions right now (.556). Now, all of that might change next week, but right now, it's pretty accurate.

That being said, it's going to be brutal having to play the Packers on Sunday night, and then turn around and play the Cowboys, on the road, on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day.) That's tough! I could see the Redskins somehow beating the Vikings, and then dropping games to the Packers, the Cowboys, and the Cardinals. And then winning out from there. Finishing at 9-6-1 - and missing the playoffs. Sounds a bit pessimistic, but honestly, I think that is what you can expect. We're going to be missing Trent Williams for the next four games. Dallas will test that left side, as well as Green Bay and Arizona. Trent will return at the Eagles game and we'll see the 'skins win out. I don't think people realize how important Trent Williams is to that offense.

That being said, if the 'skins could steal a game from the Cowboys, that might be a deciding factor as to if the Redskins make the playoffs or not. I don't think they make the playoffs at 9-6-1 unless the Packers, Cardinals, Lions, and Eagles all crumble toward the finish line.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Lol the entire nation had Dallas losing to Cincinnati and Green Bay once October came. Dallas proceeded to beat both teams by a combined 28 points and neither of those games were really close. I'm just enjoying the ride. The defense is definitely overachieving but they play hard and they tackle. They haven't given up 100 yards to a receiver or running back yet this season. But offensively, when you have a running game like Dallas does and the weapons that Dallas does, you will have success. The future is very bright in Dallas once they get more talent on that defensive line.

BTW, right now, this draft class is turning out to be the best class in two decades for Dallas. If Smith comes back and produces, it maybe the best class in the history of this franchise.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Lol the entire nation had Dallas losing to Cincinnati and Green Bay once October came. Dallas proceeded to beat both teams by a combined 28 points and neither of those games were really close. I'm just enjoying the ride. The defense is definitely overachieving but they play hard and they tackle. They haven't given up 100 yards to a receiver or running back yet this season. But offensively, when you have a running game like Dallas does and the weapons that Dallas does, you will have success. The future is very bright in Dallas once they get more talent on that defensive line.

BTW, right now, this draft class is turning out to be the best class in two decades for Dallas. If Smith comes back and produces, it maybe the best class in the history of this franchise.
Also when you have a QB who doesn't throw INT's and can buy time or run the team will also have success.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:19 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
It just confirms that dak is really a good QB. And I'm sick of the media saying because he doesn't have to do much because of the Oline and running game.

Give the man credit since he has won 7 straight games as a starter with two of them being comeback wins vs division rivals
The running game and Oline certainly help, but when he does throw, he seems to be making the right reads all of the time. He has only thrown a handful of truly bad passes, and you cant say that about a lot of veteran QBs in the league (Ryan Fitzpatrick throws several in a game).

That said, he is still a Cowboy, so I dont want them to be successful!

Old 11-08-2016, 04:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The running game and Oline certainly help, but when he does throw, he seems to be making the right reads all of the time. He has only thrown a handful of truly bad passes, and you cant say that about a lot of veteran QBs in the league (Ryan Fitzpatrick throws several in a game).

That said, he is still a Cowboy, so I dont want them to be successful!
and a good number of those bad passes are actually designed that way as he is throwing the ball away rather than create a turnover or take a sack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football