Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 09:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times

Advertisements

The door is open for the Eagles, not only in the NFC East, but in the entire NFC.
How good are the Packers going to be without Aaron Rodgers?
The Falcons lost at home yesterday.
How good is Dallas going to be without Ezekiel Elliot?

IF they beat Washington Monday night, look out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 AM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The door is open for the Eagles, not only in the NFC East, but in the entire NFC.

Yeah, I have a few Eagles fans as friends and coworkers and a lot already telling me that Eagles gonna represent the NFC in SB this year....ALREADY LOL but the path is open for them, especially if they sweep Skins this year. They play my Boys towards end of season but that Week 17 game may be wrapped up before if they keep winning. Hoping my Boys will get back on track and win but not confident with all that's going on with Zeke, Jerry and everything about the kneeling, coaching, and other issues and distractions.

Surprised the Falcons lost yesterday but they lost a large lead in the SB so I shouldn't be surprised.

Rodgers being out really hurts the Packers and will definitely shine light on coaching staff and other players and if coaching staff can put Hundley and other players in position to succeed.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:46 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
I think the Redskins are the only team that can threaten the Eagles right now. Eagles need to win that game, or it's going to be close for these two down to the end of the year.

If Eagles beat the Redskins to go 6-1, they're going at least 11-5 on the year. I wouldn't say they're going to the Superbowl quite yet, but playoffs look very likely.

Still, it's a long season and a lot of things could change.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:09 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Definitely going to be a tough game between the Redskins and the Eagles. A lot depends upon the health of the Redskins defense. We should be getting Norman back, and it's a wait and see on Breeland. Swearinger should be healthy and ready. On the offensive side of the ball, if Kelley is back, then that just brings a huge part of the 'skins offense back. However, the Eagles have been pretty good with stopping the run.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:40 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

yes, right now the eagles are in command of the east, but that can change in a heartbeat. what happens if wentz goes down with injury? is his back up ready to go? will the team rally around the back up?

as for the packers, again will the team rally around the back up? is the back up ready to go? what happens if the running game falters?

as for dallas, i think they just need something, probably an intangible item, that will bring the team together. remember that except for the loss to the broncos, the cowboys have not been out of any of their losses this season. the rams beat the cowboys by 5 and the packers won by 4, so basically the cowboys missed being 4-1 by 11 points. so the cowboys are there, but they are missing something.

i dont think the loss of elliot will hurt the running game much if at all. in fact it might help since the opposition just might not be loading the box to stop the run, and that gives morris, mcfadden, and r smith less to deal with than elliot had. we shall see what happens going ahead from here.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes, right now the eagles are in command of the east, but that can change in a heartbeat. what happens if wentz goes down with injury? is his back up ready to go? will the team rally around the back up?
Nick Foles is the back up. He's clearly the GOAT! Lol.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Definitely going to be a tough game between the Redskins and the Eagles. A lot depends upon the health of the Redskins defense. We should be getting Norman back, and it's a wait and see on Breeland. Swearinger should be healthy and ready. On the offensive side of the ball, if Kelley is back, then that just brings a huge part of the 'skins offense back. However, the Eagles have been pretty good with stopping the run.
A lot depends on the health of the Eagles too.

Will CB Ronald Darby be back? Will Cox and Hicks be healthy on Defense?

Will Lane Johnson be back and healthy on Offense?

We'll see!

Old 10-16-2017, 12:42 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times
Monday night MIGHT determine everything.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Nick Foles is the back up. He's clearly the GOAT! Lol.
good that the eagles signed him again, i think that foles has gotten the short end of the stick in the NFL so far, but ce la vie.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
A lot depends on the health of the Eagles too.

Will CB Ronald Darby be back? Will Cox and Hicks be healthy on Defense?

Will Lane Johnson be back and healthy on Offense?

We'll see!
This is what bugs me about some of these match-ups. I know injuries are part of the game, but when you get to a big game like this, you want to see all of the star players out on the field, healthy, so you can really see who the better team is. I mean, we are likely to not have our first round pick playing that night, Breeland is likely to be out or not playing at 100%. Norman may be back, but how healthy is he? Same with Kelley.

Then again, these two teams met at the beginning of the season, and the Eagles did come out on top (although I will always protest that last called fumble was not a fumble), and players were healthy - at least through half of the game. But the first game of the season is really hard to measure how good a team is.

Anyways, I'm rambling. The point I'm making is, I hope it's a good game between these two teams. Certainly I hope my 'skins come out on top, but I don't expect either team to run away with it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football