Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 05:40 PM

7,216 posts, read 11,905,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
For now, he has to lead them to a win over the Giants.
^This. One game at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 06:27 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
^This. One game at a time.
against the Giants? not really a game...

I suppose if your gonna have your MVP caliber QB get a season ending injury, Foles aint a bad backup to have and 3 games left in the season is just the right amount of time to get him primed for a playoff run. I would be surprised if the Eagles offense isn't a tad bit more run oriented but not enough for defenses to put 8 in the box. They are still a legitimate SB contender, especially in the NFC which doesn't appear to have any clear cut SB favorite now.

If anything, losing Wentz just brings the Eagles back to the pack because with Wentz, the Eagles were the easy pick to win the NFC.. now it just looks a little more competitive...

Old 12-13-2017, 06:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,036,864 times
Let's not forget, in '13 Foles threw 27 TD's with only 2 int's, with 7 of those TD's coming in one game.
He's NOT a Brett Hundley or a Case Keenum.
PLUS - the Eagles defense is one of the best in the conference.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Let's not forget, in '13 Foles threw 27 TD's with only 2 int's, with 7 of those TD's coming in one game.
He's NOT a Brett Hundley or a Case Keenum.
PLUS - the Eagles defense is one of the best in the conference.
The key to your post is 2013. Let's see where it goes. Fly Eagles Fly!

Old 12-16-2017, 07:52 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
against the Giants? not really a game...

I suppose if your gonna have your MVP caliber QB get a season ending injury, Foles aint a bad backup to have and 3 games left in the season is just the right amount of time to get him primed for a playoff run. I would be surprised if the Eagles offense isn't a tad bit more run oriented but not enough for defenses to put 8 in the box. They are still a legitimate SB contender, especially in the NFC which doesn't appear to have any clear cut SB favorite now.

If anything, losing Wentz just brings the Eagles back to the pack because with Wentz, the Eagles were the easy pick to win the NFC.. now it just looks a little more competitive...
Wrong. Being a Giants fan since the mid 1950's I have learn that when the NFC East plays each other records go out the window's. Yes the Eagles should win but the Giants lost to Philly on a last second 61 yard field goal in Philly and the Giants did stay with Dallas for three quarters,the Giants are bad but the Eagles must still play the game.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Wrong. Being a Giants fan since the mid 1950's I have learn that when the NFC East plays each other records go out the window's. Yes the Eagles should win but the Giants lost to Philly on a last second 61 yard field goal in Philly and the Giants did stay with Dallas for three quarters,the Giants are bad but the Eagles must still play the game.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:54 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
I don't think the Eagles can go deep into the playoffs without Wentz. I hope I'm wrong, but then again, I've been an Eagles fan since the Norm Snead era, and they never miss a chance to disappoint.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:46 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't think the Eagles can go deep into the playoffs without Wentz. I hope I'm wrong, but then again, I've been an Eagles fan since the Norm Snead era, and they never miss a chance to disappoint.
Wentz is fun to watch ,Foles is not a bad player and he could help the Eagles like Jeff Hostetler did for the Giants in 1990 when Simms went down.This time of year you need a QB to manage a game and let the Defense win it,like the Ravens did.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
you forget that foles was a starter for the eagles not to long ago. its not like foles came out of no where.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you forget that foles was a starter for the eagles not to long ago. its not like foles came out of no where.
Foles has not had a decent year since 2013 though. Time will tell, one game at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football