U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 06:33 PM

10,728 posts, read 11,175,699 times

Advertisements

I went 11-5 in week 1. The past few years I've always said I'm happy to be above .500 in week 1, but I think I've managed 11-5 during those years. It's week 2 where it all heads south. So here's to keeping a good start going in week 2 of the 2016 season!

Jets @ Bills: Jets. Rex Ryan's Bills beat the Jets 22-17 in both games last year, including that horrendous red on green color rush atrocity the league subjected us to. For those of us who are color blind, that game was impossible to watch. Color rush is back, but I hope they put the Bills in a blue uniform this time. As for the score, after seeing how toothless that Bills offense looked, I'm inclined to believe the Jets are the team to rebound from a disappointing week 1 loss.

49ers @ Panthers: Panthers. I picked against the 49ers in week 1, even dissed on them a little and they turn around and deliver a 28-0 beat down of their opponent. Can they take it on the road against an angry Panthers team? I'm guessing no to that.

Cowboys @ Redskins: Redskins. There are issues on defense for the Redskins, but that can be said about the Cowboys as well. Neither offenses looked good in week 1, but the Cowboys are sporting a couple rookies in key positions and I trust Kirk Cousins and the Redskins far more to rebound.

Bengals @ Steelers: Steelers. Bad blood here. You can bet I'll be tuning in to view the carnage this one has in store for us. The Bengals may be the more complete team: better defense and darn good offense. But the Steelers offense is even better and their defense is probably better than it has gotten credit for to this point. Plus picking against the Steelers in their home opener is a fool's choice.

Saints @ Giants: Giants. The Saints scored 34 points AT HOME and still lost. That should tell you a lot about their defense.

Dolphins @ Patriots: Patriots. The Pats showed a lot of moxie going into Arizona and manhandling what many believe is a Super Bowl contender. There was no point in the game where I ever felt the Cardinals could win it. Well, maybe as they set up for the game winning FG, but that was short-lived.

Chiefs @ Texans: Texans. I really should know better by now. I think I picked against the Chiefs in week 1 last year and the Chiefs won 27-20. I KNOW I picked against them in WC Weekend and they won 30-0. But this is a new season. Credit the Chiefs for coming back from a huge deficit, but they were given all they could handle by a lesser opponent in the Chargers. And I have a feeling the Texans have this game circled on their calendars.

Titans @ Lions: Lions. They hung 39 points on the board @ Indy. I doubt they manage that against the Titans, but there is nothing about Tennessee that Titans offense that indicates they'll be able to keep up.

Ravens @ Browns: Ravens. Now that RGIII is out of play the Browns will turn to Josh McCown to save the season. The Ravens defense looked great against the Bills, and I don't think that Browns defense is going to be able to get a stop against Joe Flacco and Co.

Seahawks @ Rams: Seahawks. The Seahawks looked a bit flaccid at home against the Dolphins, but they did get the win. The Rams, for whatever its worth, always seem to play the Seahawks close. Russell Wilson will be on an injured ankle, too so this game may be another close one.

Buccaneers @ Cardinals: Cardinals. If the Cards are serious about a Super Bowl run they can't start out 0-2 in two home games. The Bucs are an up and coming team (at least appear to be at this point) but if Palmer and Fitz get it going I doubt Winston will be able to keep up.

Jaguars @ Chargers: Jaguars. I had initially picked the Chargers but I can't help but feel the wind has been sucked out of their sail after failing to close against the Chiefs and losing K. Allen in the process. The Jags played the Packers tough, and this week face off against a team that's more their speed. Some believe the Jags are a contender to win the AFC South. This is a game they need to win if they want to make that a reality.

Falcons @ Raiders: Raiders. After a thrilling 35-34 win over the Saints, including a game winning 2-pt conversion, the Raiders are riding as huge a wave of momentum as a team can have this early in the season. In their home opener look for them to be able to out-shoot the Falcons. The Raiders defense may look a little better this week too.

Colts @ Broncos: Broncos. Manning's Broncos were 1-3 vs the Colts. That included a home playoff loss. This time the Broncos have a secret weapon: Manning is gone and Siemian is the QB! Really though, why is it the Colts always seem to play their best football against the Broncos?

Packers @ Vikings: Packers. Even before Bridgewater went down I didn't trust this Vikings team. They were great last year but I believe lacked staying power. Even though this is their home opener in a shiny new stadium, the Packers are the better team by a long shot.

Eagles @ Bears: Bears. Wentz got a lot of props for that performance against the Browns. As the story broke about the Browns not believing he was worth the 2nd pick and trading back, Wentz must have been praying and thanking God! He looks promising, but the Bears edge them out in this one.

I hope everyone enjoyed week 1 and has a great week 2! Except you Colts fans on the board!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 09:16 PM

6,849 posts, read 7,930,875 times
Jets @ Buffalo (My Bills cannot afford to lose this one unless they want to be written off in Week 2). They don't get many prime time opportunities, so they need to shine here. My wife is securing the house this week. She knows Ditch can fly off the handle when the Bills lose in prime time. Many people on CD know what happened at Ditch's house when the Music City Miracle occurred many moons ago.

Got a busy week goin' on. Will get the rest in before Sunday kickoff!

Old 09-13-2016, 09:26 PM

4,867 posts, read 6,406,037 times
A modest 9-7 week one. Hope to improve.

Jets @ Bills
49ers @ Panthers
Cowboys @ Redskins
Bengals @ Steelers
Saints @ Giants
Dolphins @ Patriots
Chiefs @ Texans
Titans @ Lions
Ravens @ Browns
Seahawks @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Cardinals
Jaguars @ Chargers
Falcons @ Raiders
Colts @ Broncos
Packers @ Vikings
Eagles @ Bears

Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,666,408 times
I was 12-4 last week, hopefully I can keep that going this week:

Jets @ Bills
49ers @ Panthers
Cowboys @ Redskins
Bengals @ Steelers
Saints @ Giants
Dolphins @ Patriots
Chiefs @ Texans
Titans @ Lions
Ravens @ Browns
Seahawks @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Cardinals
Jaguars @ Chargers
Falcons @ Raiders
Colts @ Broncos
Packers @ Vikings
Eagles @ Bears

Old 09-14-2016, 07:12 AM

8,702 posts, read 12,004,999 times
11-5 last week.

Jets @ Bills
49ers @ Panthers
Cowboys @ Redskins
Bengals @ Steelers
Saints @ Giants
Dolphins @ Patriots
Chiefs @ Texans
Titans @ Lions
Ravens @ Browns
Seahawks @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Cardinals
Jaguars @ Chargers
Falcons @ Raiders
Colts @ Broncos
Packers @ Vikings
Eagles @ Bears

Old 09-14-2016, 09:09 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,206,991 times
11-5 For Week 1

Jets @ Bills -- Somebody has to win
49ers @ Panthers -- No problem at home against the Santa Clara 48ers
Cowboys @ Redskins -- Redskins at home against Jerry's Kids
Bengals @ Steelers -- Seems like this could be the Bengals year
Saints @ Giants -- Saints only win at home or against weak offenses
Dolphins @ Patriots -- I so much want the Dolphins, but...
Chiefs @ Texans -- This will be close and I hope Osweiler wins it
Titans @ Lions -- Playing the Titans at home
Ravens @ Browns -- Come on, its the Browns
Seahawks @ Rams -- Why does Jeff Fisher still have a job?
Buccaneers @ Cardinals -- Time to turn it around
Jaguars @ Chargers -- Chargers lost their best receiver.
Falcons @ Raiders -- Go for TWO!
Colts @ Broncos -- Grew up in Indy, but 40+ years in Colorado
Packers @ Vikings -- Pack will spoil the new stadium
Eagles @ Bears -- Why does Jay Cutler still have a job?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:41 PM

6,585 posts, read 4,540,262 times
Last week: 11-5
Season: 11-5

New York Jets @ Buffalo. Ugly game like most Thursday night games are, but think the Bills will pull it out late at home.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:41 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,162,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Jets @ Bills -- Somebody has to win
Or, they could tie.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:00 PM

6,784 posts, read 10,218,469 times
Week 1: 10-6
Season: 10-6

Week 2

Bills
Steelers
Lions
Ravens
Cowboys
Giants
Panthers
Patriots
Chiefs
Seahawks
Cardinals
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Vikings
Eagles

Old 09-15-2016, 02:22 PM

4,333 posts, read 1,884,405 times
Jets @ Bills- a good run of people picking my Bills. Hope they are right. I have a bad feeling about this game though, actually felt we lose this one going into the season, before the disaster of an offense we saw last week and before Sammy and Cordy Glenn got the injury bug. Jets are also overdue for a win in this series.
49ers @ Panthers

Cowboys @ Redskins They are the more complete team and the Cowboys are not what I thought they might be.
Bengals @ Steelers

Saints @ Giants I don't know why I am picking the Saints. I know I shouldn't.
Dolphins @ Patriots
Hope I am wrong
Chiefs @ Texans
Titans @ Lions
Ravens @ Browns
Seahawks @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Cardinals

Jaguars @ Chargers
Falcons @ Raiders

Colts @ Broncos Not so sure about this one either.
Packers @ Vikings Vikings remind me of the 2006 Bears. They can get away with that against lesser teams, but not the Pack.
Eagles @ Bears Eagles off to a 2-0 start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football