U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 11:45 PM

4,326 posts, read 2,283,286 times

Advertisements

All right. That wraps it up for opening week. Some thrilling finishes in week 1. Here are my picks for week 2:
Jets @ Bills
49ers @ Panthers We will see how Cam Newton does against San Francisco.
Saints @ Giants
Cowboys @ Redskins
Buccaneers @ Cardinals
Seahawks @ Rams
Titans @ Lions
Dolphins @ Patriots. Normally I take New England over Miami whenever they play in Foxborough but without Brady, there is no chance. Last time the Dolphins beat New England in Foxborough was 2008 when Brady was placed on IR.
Bengals @ Steelers. Steelers will have a lot of problems but I don't know of if it's their offense or defense.
Ravens @ Browns
Chiefs @ Texans
Colts @ Broncos
Falcons @ Raiders
Jaguars @ Chargers
Packers @ Vikings (Without Bradford or Bridgewater, Minnesota has no chance.
Eagles @ Bears.
Those are my picks for Week 2 of the 2016 season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 06:47 AM

6,580 posts, read 4,537,350 times
Well....at least these didn't start until week 1 concluded this year unlike most of the time last year. As usual, I'll get by Thursday pick in before Thursday, and then the rest on Saturday.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:58 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,065,802 times
Jets @ Bills -Rex Ryan wins an ugly squeaker on Thursday Night Football against his former team in the Bills home opener at the stadium formerly known as the Ralph. I'm predicting a bad season for the Jets purely out of spite.

49ers @ Panthers-While my dumpster-fire 49ers looked great on Monday Night Football against the Rams, they'll be on the receiving end of a woodshed beating against an angry Panthers team. Stopping Superman will prove to be a lot more difficult than stopping Keenum. This could be brutal considering the Panthers got additional rest while the Niners are on a short week.

Saints @ Giants-I almost always pick the Saints and they almost always let me down. This game should be similar to the Saints-Raiders game with tons of offense. The last team with the ball should win.

Cowboys @ Redskins-This is always my easiest pick of the week because I won't ever pick the Cowboys to win a football game. Cousins will rebound from a bad game against the Steelers.

Buccaneers @ Cardinals-Carson Palmer will be the first man to smoke a Winston this season as the Cardinals start winning again.

Seahawks @ Rams-There will be a lot of excitement for this game with the NFL returning to L.A. and Goff as the probable starter. That excitement will disappear quickly as the Rams keep losing. I do think this will be way closer than it should be. It seems to be the Seahawks M.O. to barely win football games no matter who the opponent is.

Titans @ Lions-Matthew Stafford had a big game against the Colts. I expect more of the same at home against the terrible Tennessee Titans.

Dolphins @ Patriots-Pats looked good with Jimmy G. under center. They'll find a way to eke this one out too. Pats will go 4-0 without Brady resulting in a minor QB controversy, but Brady will start after serving his suspension.

Bengals @ Steelers-This is usually a good matchup. I think the Steelers will win this in OT. Steelers offense is a well-oiled machine and will prove to be too much for the perennial first-round playoff losers.

Ravens @ Browns-I think the Browns have a better chance of winning this game with Josh McCown under center instead of RGIII. But because they're the Browns they'll find a way to lose a close one.

Chiefs @ Texans-The last time these two teams met in the playoffs the Chiefs blanked them 30-0. I expect a closer game with a similar result against the fighting Osweilers.

Colts @ Broncos-Luck will be on his butt most of the game against a stellar Broncos D. Siemian and company will do just enough to get another home win.

Falcons @ Raiders-Something is wrong with the Falcons while the Raiders are an up and coming team. Carr should have another big game.

Jaguars @ Chargers-Without Keenan Allen, the Chargers don't have enough weapons and the Jaguars will win this shootout.

Packers @ Vikings-Pack stack the box against Peterson and christen the Vikings new stadium with a close victory.

Eagles @ Bears-I'm not sure if Carson Wentz is the savior for the Eagles, but he should be able to lead his team to another victory against a hapless Bears team who only won 1 game at Soldier Field last season.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:49 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,141,467 times
Jets vs. Bills - New York
49ers vs. Panthers - Carolina
Saints vs. Giants - New York
Cowboys vs. Redskins - Washington
Buccaneers vs. Cardinals - Arizona
Seahawks vs. Rams - Los Angeles
Titans vs. Lions - Tennessee
Dolphins vs. Patriots - New England
Bengals vs. Steelers - Cincinnati
Ravens vs. Browns - Baltimore
Chiefs vs. Texans - Kansas City
Colts vs. Broncos - Denver
Falcons vs. Raiders - Oakland
Jaguars vs. Chargers - Jacksonville
Packers vs. Vikings - Green Bay
Eagles vs. Bears - Chicago

Old 09-13-2016, 11:56 AM

4,926 posts, read 4,002,917 times
Thoughts for Week 2
Going into this week's games, Half of the teams are undefeated, half are still winless.......There were no "upsets" last week, and really none this week...we are still seeing who is lucky and who is for real.

SO, with apologies to iknowftbll and everyone else who knows more about it than I do, here are this week's picks (9-7 last week)

Jets vs. BUFFALOES I saw little that impressed me last week. Both lost to teams which were not only better, but scored more points than they did. At home, I would take the Buffaloes, but being a Thursday night game, with less time to prepare, do not look for this to be the game of the week.

49ers vs. PANTHERS In spite of the shut out win pitched by Blaine Gabbert at home Monday, the 49ers will be out of their league when they go to bat against Cam Newton and the Panthers, who are out to prove something after a close loss of the Super
Bowl Rematch last week. Plus the PANTHERS will have a few more days of rest and preparation.

Saints vs. GIANTS - Not sure how to call this one. Last week, the Saints gave up the ghost late, while the Giants beat a team that generally quits after the 3rd quarter.

Cowboys vs. REDSKINS I do not see the Redskins losing two in a row at home. I also do not see the Cowboys outcoaching the Indians on the road. The Indians have heap big advantage in own wigwam. The Cowboys showed last week that they are a 3 quarter defense.....they play 3 quarters then collapse. Some of the offensive players do as well. Blame the Coaches for that. If the Skins come out, mix up no huddle offenses to fluster and wear down the defense, it may be a 2 quarter game.

Buccaneers vs. CARDINALS - The Pesky Red Birds should have won Sunday night. The Buccaneers lack the defensive stamina to go against a solid team. THey made lead early on, but look for a fourth quarter attack by the birds.

SEAHAWKS vs. Rams - I thought the 49ers would be the worst in the division but the Rams looked awful.......no change this week

Titans vs. LIONS The Detroit ROck City Lions sure looked good. last week, against whoever they beat.that was supposed to be good....was it LUCK, or are the Lions really going to start the season 2- 0 ? -

Dolphins vs. PATRIOTS - The Patriots were not supposed to win last week, but they did. And until it comes out that they cheated, that the quarterback was really Tom Brady wearing a mask and Garrappollos uniform, they should pick up an easy win at home. Because Bilicheat expects his players to all step up and do their part, while My FINZ have a decent defensive front and little else to offer.

Bengals vs. STEELERS The Steelers beat the Redskins all over the place last night. At home, they will give the stripey cats a good spanking. -

RAVENS vs. Browns - Poor Browns, first the lose RG3 and out, for the season maybe, and now they have to go up against a solid Ravens team with Big Joe Flacco looking back to his top tier form. But hang in there people of Cleveland: Basketball season is just 6 weeks away !

Chiefs vs. TEXANS - This may be a closer game. The Texans beat a really bad team at home, while the CHhiefs came from behind to beat a really bad team at home. Home field advantage perhaps.
Colts vs. BRONCOS - About that Mile High air, is that why the fans always seem to be so mellow, and always eating snacks like crazy in the second half of the home games?

Falcons vs. RAIDERS - The Autumn Wind is a Raider,pillaging just for fun...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5CTKlF45Ds

JAGUARS vs. Chargers - The PACK ATTACK was barely able to win last week. I look for the JAGS to be the comeback cats this time around

PACKERS vs. Vikings - It gets no easier for The Acme Packers this week as they are up against a team whose defense won the week before. And while a home game fo rthe Vikings, they will be using Minnesota State University's Screaming Eagles' Lair for home games, it will still be a hard day for both teams.

Eagles vs. BEARS I will say that the NFL gave us this week's Crummy game of the week for Monday night, which is ok, I have a busy Tuesday with my sons football game and work and all. When I go to bed at 9 and skip the game, I will not feel like I missed anything. Most of all the gunfire around Soldier Field.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:28 PM

11,741 posts, read 11,602,416 times
Jets @Bills
49ers @ Panthers
Cowboys @ Redskins
Bengals @ Steelers
Saints
@ Giants
Dolphins @ Patriots
Chiefs
@ Texans
Titans @ Lions
Ravens
@ Browns
Seahawks@ Rams
Buccaneers @ Cardinals
Jaguars
@ Chargers
Falcons @ Raiders
Colts @ Broncos
Packers
@ Vikings
Eagles @ Bears

Packers @ Vikings an obvious fan pick but even with the new stadium christening I think the Packers can do this! Go Pack Go!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-13-2016 at 12:36 PM..

Old 09-13-2016, 12:40 PM

21,499 posts, read 22,073,807 times
Week 1: 11 - 5

NYJ @ BUF (Buf has won 5 straight v J-e-t-s...Jets)

S.F. @ CAR (Cam Newton vs The World...but mostly just the 49ers defense)
DLS @ WSH (Washington football club)
CIN. @ PTS <astute and unverifiable observation goes here>
N.O. @ NYG (we'll see how New Orleans does against the Giants...am I doing this right?)
MIA. @ N.E. (I had the Pats with an upset over the Cardinals. Now they are saying Gronk is out of the game too. Might need to change my pick.)
K.C. @ HOU (payback for Anna Nicole Smith)
TEN @ DET (stuff about how crummy Titans are and some crack about their #1 draft pick in next years draft volunteering for the Libyan Navy instead of playing in the NFL)
BLT (CLV v1.0) @ CLV v2.0 (continuing the payback for losing Browns v1.0)

SEA @ L.A.(even Seattle could win this game)
T.B. & ARZ (this is my upset special, dippsy-doodle, reverse-reverse pick)

JAX @ S.D. (offensive play making static mumbly peg)
ATL @ OAK (words, words, words, words)
IND @ DNV (Indianapolis once went 1 - 15, boy howdy! they really stunk back then didn't they?)

G.B. @ MIN (the Indian Burial ground on their side of town was left undisturbed and the site was blessed by a Norwegian Shaman. All of the 'Sconnie workers were ushered to The Bottomless Pit behind the stadium and shoved in as soon as they arrived at the construction site to prevent any funny business like what happened at Lambow with the dirt trucked in from Chicago in the middle of the night)

PHL @ CHI (Chicago scares me, as does dancing, the dentist and dragon flies)

Old 09-13-2016, 04:37 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,161,345 times
NFL Week 2Dobbin Fired! 9-7 Not Acceptable!
Colt will make his own picks again!

Jets @ Bills – Airplanes deliver another L to Rex
49ers @ Panthers – Carolina drops Niners into 0-2 hole
Saints @ Giants – Eli beats Nawlins (second loss)
Cowboys @ Redskins – Dak proves he’s for real at Skins
Buccaneers @ Cardinals – Marlboro Men wake up and smoke Winston!
Seahawks @ Rams – Lambs almost win, but lose in double OT!
Titans @ Lions – Titans fall down and go BOOM in Detroit
Dolphins @ Patriots – Pats outlast Fins! Brady still in hoosegow (week DOS)
Bengals @ Steelers – Big Ben at home: overwhelms Red Rifle
Ravens @ Browns – Dirty Birds clean up in Cleveland
Chiefs @ Texans – KC knocks Brock down
Colts @ Broncos – Denver wins Horsey Bowl over Indy
Falcons @ Raiders – Another Del Rio 2-point conversion ices Matty!
Jaguars @ Chargers – Bolts go zzzzzzt! again
Packers @ Vikings – Pack beats Vikes
Eagles @ Bears – Wentz WINZ!

Bad horse! Bad horse!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:00 PM

8,911 posts, read 4,789,344 times
Bills (It's my team they had a rough start. They had injuries and shifted around players. However, feel things will start to kick in to gear Thursday.)
49ers Team to watch out for this season
Giants going to be a close game with Giants winning by a point or 3 points
Redskins
Buccaneers
Seahawks
Lions
Patriots.
Bengals
Browns
Texans
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Packers
Eagles

Last edited by RunD1987; 09-13-2016 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-13-2016, 05:57 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,492,577 times
I'm 8-8 in week one. I love the early weeks because you're still thinking of what teams were good last year and it surprises you who improved and regressed.

Jets @ Bills - I agree with whoever said it will be an ugly game. Still, I'm happy I can watch my beloved Bills on tv since I live in NYC and I don't have to search for deceptive ways to watch this.
49ers @ Panthers - the panthers aren't going to be 15-1 this year, but they should win this. Hopefully Cam has recovered after taking some tough hits in week 1.
Saints @ Giants - Eli has one of those games where he can't get out of his own way.
Cowboys @ Redskins - Can the redskins become the repeat winner of the NFC East, which is a feat nobody has accomplished since 2004? Idk. But they will beat their hated division rival.
Buccaneers @ Cardinals - the Bucs were better than I expected in week one, and the cardinals worse. For a team that wants so desperately to make it to the big dance after disappointing playoff performances the past two years, a home game against another NFC team is a must win.
Seahawks @ Rams - I saw a funny headline today- LA Rams have not scored a point since 1994. But I remember they gave it to Seattle in an early game last season. I think they play them hard again.
Titans @ Lions - a game nobody outside of Tennessee or Michigan will watch.
Dolphins @ Patriots - the Dolphins have split the series with the Patriots the past three seasons. Usually the Dolphins don't win at Gillette but with Tom Brady out, this could be the shocker of the week.
Bengals @ Steelers - this should be a good one. These two teams truly despise each other and their last meeting was one for the ages. I think I just don't like the bengals and probably my predictions will reflect that.
Ravens @ Browns - it pains me to pick against the Browns. They're just like the pathetic runt of the litter whose mother pays it no attention and just watches it starve to death as its three siblings, Raven, Steely, and Bengal, gorge themselves and get fat. I'd love it if they won but I doubt it.
Chiefs @ Texans - Idk. I really hate both of these teams. Picking the home team.
Colts @ Broncos - after the past few decades of being QB-centric, this game could start a new era. The colts supposedly had their new franchise guy, who had a disappointing season last year. The Broncos are pioneering a new trend of it doesn't matter who plays QB if the rest of the team is good. We could be at the crossroads.
Falcons @ Raiders - gutsy play by Oakland in week 1. I'm kind of rooting for them now.
Jaguars @ Chargers - A game nobody outside of Florida or California will see. I'm allowed to make fun of this as my own team is 32nd of 32 teams in terms of being broadcast outside of its area.
Packers @ Vikings - I guess they aren't a team in decline after all.
Eagles @ Bears - Bears I guess. I don't know. I don't care about this game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football