U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:40 PM

1,193 posts, read 724,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Because we watch it for enjoyment and 99% of us can control our emotions.
So you enjoy the game more when your team wins right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 09:31 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,830,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
If you are not annoyed or happy after your team finishes a football game then why do you watch it? Just curious
There is a difference between being annoyed with a loss and being so upset that you cannot watch the next game because you are "so mad and ranting on social media about why they lost the game"

Old 09-18-2016, 09:55 PM

1,099 posts, read 669,404 times
I don't root for any team (haven't done that for years). I root for fantasy football players and who I have my money on. I don't care about the fan stuff. I enjoy having incentive regardless of who plays. So yeah, if I lose a bet or don't have a player that does well on my fantasy team, it doesn't matter as I usually have players on the upcoming games or a wager. I enjoy myself so much more than when I was younger and actually rooted for a specific team. I find it nonsensical how personal people take sports. I remember a friend of mine crying after the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the 90's in the NFC Championship game. I thought to myself...really? You're a grown man and you're crying over a sporting event. Dude, grow up. I'm pretty sure the players don't care as much as some of these fanatics (they'll be going home to their million dollar mansions and trophy wife regardless).

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 09-18-2016 at 10:15 PM..

Old 09-18-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
I don't root for any team (haven't done that for years). I root for fantasy football players and who I have my money on. I don't care about the fan stuff. I enjoy having incentive regardless of who plays. So yeah, if I lose a bet or don't have a player that does well on my fantasy team, it doesn't matter as I usually have players on the upcoming games or a wager. I enjoy myself so much more than when I was younger and actually rooted for a specific team. I find it nonsensical how personal people take sports. I remember a friend of mine crying after the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the 90's in the NFC Championship game. I thought to myself...really? You're a grown man and you're crying over a sporting event. Dude, grow up. I'm pretty sure the players don't care as much as some of these fanatics (they'll be going home to their million dollar mansions and trophy wife regardless).
Most people become emotionally attached to their team when they start watching as a kid and it stays with them even when become they become grown. Now I don't react the same way I did after a loss when I watched the game as an 11 year old which was me crying. lol As a grown man, after a loss I just express my disgust with the team with other fans who are just as upset as I am to get it out of their system.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,230,031 times
I try to watch every game, every week.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:07 AM

72,308 posts, read 84,032,787 times
Quote:
Let's say your team plays at 1pm and loses the game, can you watch the very next game at 4pm between two other teams?

I never can get myself up to watch the very next game after my team loses because I am so mad and ranting on social media about why they lost the game during the 4pm game. So maybe today if my team loses I can watch the 8pm game tonight but I will be not be all that eager to watch that 4pm game today especially after a 0-2 start.

Can anyone else watch another game right away after their team loses?
of course, why not? I am a football fan, not just a fan of a team or two. I love my Redskins for instance, but want to watch all the games on Sunday.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:41 AM

1,099 posts, read 669,404 times
Quote:
Most people become emotionally attached to their team when they start watching as a kid and it stays with them even when become they become grown. Now I don't react the same way I did after a loss when I watched the game as an 11 year old which was me crying. lol As a grown man, after a loss I just express my disgust with the team with other fans who are just as upset as I am to get it out of their system.
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things".

Ranting a bit with like minded fans is one thing. Letting a sporting event bring you to tears, or put you and others around you in a bad mood for days, weeks, months or years is entirely different. I've seen friends react that way (the latest of which was the Warriors loss to the Cavs in the NBA championship). And my common response is the same...get over it! It's just a game. There are a lot more things to be concerned about that are much more relevant to your life than sports.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things".

Ranting a bit with like minded fans is one thing. Letting a sporting event bring you to tears, or put you and others around you in a bad mood for days, weeks, months or years is entirely different. I've seen friends react that way (the latest of which was the Warriors loss to the Cavs in the NBA championship). And my common response is the same...get over it! It's just a game. There are a lot more things to be concerned about that are much more relevant to your life than sports.
For some people sports is an escape from reality

Old 09-20-2016, 11:53 AM

11,738 posts, read 11,592,611 times
I agree, proper perspective, it is entertainment, a game, very small in comparison to a bigger picture of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or