U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2016, 04:36 AM
Status: "Beach time!" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,677 posts, read 11,087,576 times
Reputation: 13950

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
10 to 4

So far that's the ratio of how many CD'ers are picking the Pats over the Texans on Thursday. Amazing accomplishment by the Patriots considering the circumstances.
It's proven performance over time against an up and coming team. Defense for Houston is pretty good, but the Pats have a good D as well and playing at home they are always a tough out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2016, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Reputation: 3320
Texans
Cardinals
Raiders
Dolphins
Ravens
Packers
Broncos
Panthers
Giants
Buccaneers
Seahawks
Chiefs
Colts
Steelers
Cowboys
Saints

Last week: 1-5
Season: 21-11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 05:51 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,931,415 times
Reputation: 3574
Texans @ Patriots
Ravens @ Jaguars
Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Packers
Browns @ Dolphins
Vikings @ Panthers
Broncos @ Bengals
Cardinals @ Bills
Raiders @ Titans
Rams @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Colts
Bears @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Saints
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Reputation: 12484
Oh boy, Calico goes with the Texans! Should those of us picking the Pats switch maybe??? I think I chose the Pats more based on the coach then anything else!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Oh boy, Calico goes with the Texans! Should those of us picking the Pats switch maybe??? I think I chose the Pats more based on the coach then anything else!!!
There's only so much cheating..... cough, cough.....sorry, magic a team can have to win three straight with their best players out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,125,137 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Oh boy, Calico goes with the Texans! Should those of us picking the Pats switch maybe??? I think I chose the Pats more based on the coach then anything else!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
There's only so much cheating..... cough, cough.....sorry, magic a team can have to win three straight with their best players out.
That's funny. I went Texans as well. I may regret it later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Reputation: 12484
I gave the nod to Calico because she was on the top or very close with her picks at the end of the season last year. I didn't check to see who else chose them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 09:27 AM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,858,489 times
Reputation: 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
It's proven performance over time against an up and coming team. Defense for Houston is pretty good, but the Pats have a good D as well and playing at home they are always a tough out.
I'm wondering how much playing at home even matters with this match up. I feel personally I'd take the Pats in this one even if they were on the road. And I agree, Pats D is playing well. Also feels like Brock is due for a bad game.

But playing with a third string QB, probably no Gronk again too. Very few teams could take away their best pass catcher and first and second string QBs and be favored by the public to win. Pats D is good, but they are not at a historically good level yet where you would expect them to carry an entire team to a victory like the Broncos last year or Seahawks, Ravens or Bucs in years past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Status: "Beach time!" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,677 posts, read 11,087,576 times
Reputation: 13950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'm wondering how much playing at home even matters with this match up. I feel personally I'd take the Pats in this one even if they were on the road. And I agree, Pats D is playing well. Also feels like Brock is due for a bad game.

But playing with a third string QB, probably no Gronk again too. Very few teams could take away their best pass catcher and first and second string QBs and be favored by the public to win. Pats D is good, but they are not at a historically good level yet where you would expect them to carry an entire team to a victory like the Broncos last year or Seahawks, Ravens or Bucs in years past.
Who knows? I may have given the Texans the nod if it were in their house. I agree that Pats D isn't on the same level as some of those other great units in recent memory, but let's not forget who's coaching this group. That Pats defense will probably show up tonight in a big way. The Texans defense will too, and as a unit I think they're better than the Pats. I'm just not a believer in them to the point I'm willing to pick against them in their own house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
Reputation: 2477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
That's funny. I went Texans as well. I may regret it later!

I've got Texans also. Hopefully I won't regret that later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top