U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:13 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,895,416 times

Advertisements

Texans @ Patriots (Already picked earlier)
Ravens @ Jaguars (Could go either way. Just a gut feeling)
Redskins @ Giants (Eli at home)
Lions @ Packers (The Lions display last week was pathetic)
Browns @ Dolphins (If there is a one to win...)
Vikings @ Panthers (Lots of strife in Charlotte this week)
Broncos @ Bengals (Need to make a statement at home)
Cardinals @ Bills (Just a fan pick here)
Raiders @ Titans (Titans have been miserable at home in the last two years)
Rams @ Buccaneers (Time for Winston to make it happen)
49ers @ Seahawks (Why do I not feel confident in this pick?)
Steelers @ Eagles (Just because)
Jets @ Chiefs (Chiefs need to step up here if they want to be considered relevant)
Chargers @ Colts (Will be tight. Colts need a win here)
Bears @ Cowboys (Cutler is a joke and The Boys have something to prove here)
Falcons @ Saints (Both of these teams have burned me over the last few years)

Last week: 9-7
Season: 16-16
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:29 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Well, I was wrong...

The Texans lose with their $72,000,000 QB.

The Pats win with their $300,000 (?) third-string rookie QB.

My first pick for Week 3 leaves me at 0-1.

G'nite. I'm going to bed...

Old 09-22-2016, 09:33 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,895,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Well, I was wrong...

It wasn't about the $$$ of the QB's. It was about the toughness, discipline, and sheer tenacity of the Patriots organization from top to bottom. They will be the envy of the football world for decades to come.

I say this as a desperate Bills fan. I wish the Bills could learn something from them.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:39 PM

28,446 posts, read 15,432,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Well, I was wrong...

It's a team game. If the expensive QB does not receivers that are open, or time to throw...

Special teams get an F- for the Texans.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:51 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times
Texans lose big and I got the Patriots right. We will see how the other games go this Sunday

Old 09-23-2016, 03:15 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
25 or 6 to 4
I saw what you did there

Old 09-24-2016, 05:05 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,488,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 9-7
Overall: 20-12

Out to hopefully prove, my 11-5 week 1 record wasn't a fluke .

Texans @ Patriots. Belicheck is one of the best in the business, but still without Brady, and now without Jimmy G and maybe with Gronk still out injured this is asking a bit to much. It should be noted the Patriots were outscored 24-10 once Jimmy G exited the game against the Dolphins, which was about the final 19 minutes. Against a better defensive team, and with a full 60 minutes as their disposal, I think the Texans get this win. They've been ballhawks on the defensive side of the ball while Osweiler is doing just enough to get them to 2-0, and hopefully 3-0 after Thursday.
Ravens @ Jaguars. Ravens have beaten two 0-2 teams one who may or may not be good (Bills), and one who definitely won't be good (Browns), haven't looked good in either game, but are beating the 0-2 teams and winning the games they should win. They probably won't look good this game either, but this is another 0-2 team that they'll squeak by.
Redskins @ Giants. How many snaps is Norman going to cover Beckham?? I'll set the over/under at 9.5 and I'll go under.
Lions @ Packers. Lions won for the first time since 1991 (90??) in Green Bay, Packers start another home winning streak vs. the Lions.
Browns @ Dolphins. First home game, playing the Browns starting yet ANOTHER different QB and without Haden. Looks like the lock of the week. Don't disappoint me Dolphins!
Vikings @ Panthers. Defense is good, but without Peterson & Bridgewater, too much to ask the Vikings to head into Charlotte and beat them.
Broncos @ Bengals. It's not the playoffs, so the Bengals are safe enough to pick.
Cardinals @ Bills. I'll bite on this. Bills facing probably a must win, and this is the classic trap game: The pacific time zone team playing a game on the East Coast in a 1 PM time slot= perfect shot for the upset.
Raiders @ Titans. I'll take the Raiders to rebound from last week's home loss.
Rams @ Buccaneers. Bucs playing first home game should feast on a team that has yet to score a touchdown this year. Also, now the pacific time zone team playing a 1 PM game on the East coast.
49ers @ Seahawks. Seahawks have looked terrible this year, but they always start slow. I think they'll pull this one out even if it's another slugfest.
Steelers @ Eagles. Carson Wentz has played the Browns & Bears so far. Yes, he looks good, but let's cool the "Wentz is the greatest thing since sliced bread" talk Eagles fans. I could beat the Bears and Browns.....and I don't think I could throw the ball more than 20 yards. Tim Tebow could beat the Bears & Browns and I know for a fact he can't throw more than 20 yards. If he can beat the Steelers I'll start to take him seriously, but let's see how he does against an actual NFL team.
Jets @ Chiefs. Chiefs at home too much for the Jets.
Chargers @ Colts. They get a break since this starts at 4:25. Chargers have looked world's better than the Colts have looked so far, so I'll take them to pick up a road win and get to 2-1.
Bears @ Cowboys. Seriously, who thought THIS would be a good game to put on prime time?? BTW, whoever put the Bears on primetime back-to-back weeks should be immediately fired!
Falcons @ Saints. And the only game worse than the Sunday night game is this game. No wonder the viewership for the primetime games is down as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the games they have put on are freaking terrible! Put on better games and you'd have better viewers!

Old 09-24-2016, 05:26 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Going to be an interesting game for Packers and Lions. Both teams have key players out for injuries. Packers defense is really thin and Lions have defense players out, too.

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-24-2016 at 05:46 PM..

Old 09-25-2016, 08:37 AM

9,416 posts, read 17,385,532 times
Pats over Texans (picked earlier)
Ravens over Jags
Giants over Redskins
Packers over Lions
Dolphins over Browns
Panthers over Vikings
Broncos over Bengals
Cardinals over Bills
Raiders over Titans
Bucs over Rams
Seahawks over 49ers
Steelers over Eagles
Chiefs over Jets
Colts over Chargers
Cowboys over Bears
Falcons over Saints

21-11 for season

Old 09-25-2016, 10:35 AM

2,618 posts, read 2,931,263 times
Patriots
Ravens
Giants
Packers
Dolphins
Panthers
Broncos
Cardinals
Raiders
Buccaneers
49ers
Steelers
Chiefs
Colts
Cowboys
Saints
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football