U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 03:15 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Duh .... to show others it can be done
A lot of things can be done. Doesn't mean we should do them.

Quit smoking? Yes. Good job.

Stop watching football? Um, why?

Old 09-21-2016, 03:27 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
quit watching football? thats easy enough should i ever decide to choose to do that. there are plenty of science programs on i can watch. i value watching football, and other sports for the entertainment i get from watching them.

as for political statements, yes there are a few idiots, athletes and commentators, that choose to make political statements at the games, that is their choice, fortunately though they are few enough not to bother me. so i tolerate it at least for now. if it gets too bad though, i will probably let the NFL, and others know my dissatisfaction with these political statements, and that until such time as they end them, i wont be watching their sport.

there are enough bad things in the world that needs dealing with that the thing you are complaining about OP are minuscule at best, and not worth the time.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:35 PM

1,491 posts, read 2,128,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

Stop watching football? Um, why?
Well lets see, Cam Newton's dad pimps him to the highest bidder in college, Jameis Winston steals crab legs and jumps on a UFS student cafeteria and screams vulgar sexiest words (of course no action taken in either case). I am not even addressing all the domestic violence issues that have become rampant. You go ahead and worship and applaud these thugs that represent the absolute worst in American society .... No thanks, I have had enough

Old 09-21-2016, 03:38 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
Quote:
Yes it was tough, but I stand here today a free man. I have not watched a single NFL game, pre-season or regular. A lot like giving up cigarettes cold turkey many many years ago but the worst is behind me. Don't even think about scores/standing/demonstrations ..... When the NFL/ESPN/etc went from providing sports entertainment to political statements it was time to go. I watch TV sports to get away from all that crap. Way too many options out there to waste my time on the NFL.

And yet you are on the football forum...

Old 09-21-2016, 03:55 PM

1,491 posts, read 2,128,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
And yet you are on the football forum...
Duh .... only to show others it can be done

Old 09-21-2016, 04:19 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Quote:
Well lets see, Cam Newton's dad pimps him to the highest bidder in college, Jameis Winston steals crab legs and jumps on a UFS student cafeteria and screams vulgar sexiest words (of course no action taken in either case). I am not even addressing all the domestic violence issues that have become rampant. You go ahead and worship and applaud these thugs that represent the absolute worst in American society .... No thanks, I have had enough
Do you also boycott the film entertainment industry? That's not made up of all upstanding citizens either. You probably shouldn't frequent some of the fast food places you got too either, as well as your local hardware store, convenience store etc.

Oh, and yeah, don't support your military or local law enforcement either because they have some bad seeds too.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:24 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,622,487 times
You should boycott this thread to show us that can be done as well!

Old 09-21-2016, 04:34 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

Speaking of the door----->>>>KABOOM!!!

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football