Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 06:41 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times

Advertisements

Texans @ Patriots
Ravens @ Jaguars
Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Packers
Browns @ Dolphins
Vikings @ Panthers
Broncos @ Bengals
Cardinals @ Bills
Raiders @ Titans
Rams @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Colts
Bears @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Saints
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 07:05 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Patriots
Ravens
Giants
Lions
Browns
Vikings
Broncos
Cardinals
Titans
Buccaneers
49ers
Eagles
Chiefs
Chargers
Cowboys
Saints

Old 09-20-2016, 07:20 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,638,734 times
Texans vs. Patriots - New England
Ravens vs. Jaguars - Jacksonville
Redskins vs. Giants - New York
Lions vs. Packers - Green Bay
Browns vs. Dolphins - Miami
Vikings vs. Panthers - Carolina
Broncos vs. Bengals - Cincinnati
Cardinals vs. Bills - Arizona
Raiders vs. Titans - Tennessee
Rams vs. Buccaneers - Tampa Bay
49ers vs. Seahawks - San Francisco
Steelers vs. Eagles - Philadelphia
Jets vs. Chiefs - Kansas City
Chargers vs. Colts - Indianapolis
Bears vs. Cowboys - Dallas
Falcons vs. Saints - New Orleans

Last edited by Phyxius; 09-20-2016 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-20-2016, 08:14 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
From the home office in Florida, where it is way too hot to be out playing football
Here are the Cats Picks for the week. 18-14 so far, not too good but at least I am not the Bears

TEXANS @ Patriots I do not see a good night for the Patriots rookie third string QB I know Bilicheck will probably have something rigged up to help his team cheat, but this is one that I will say goes to a solid mean defense, who can stop the run and chase the QB enough to impede a passing game. Big Brock Osweiler will have a fun night with the Patriots

RAVENS @ Jaguars I thought the Jaguars would be a lot better but so far I do not like what I saw, especially last weekend. The Ravens on the other hand, with a healthy Big Joe Flacco can make a statement

Redskins @ GIANTS There are grumblings in Washington, and this time it is not just in the House of Representatives: The Redskins are unhappy and Cousins may be the first casualty. Either way, the Skins are having a tough time and I do not see them digging themselves out of a whole in New York just Yet.

Lions @ PACKERS At home, the Pack will bounce Back and the Lions will be Sacked! On the other hand, the Lions need to step it on up if they want to compete in the black and blue division

Browns @ DOLPHINS YES ! MY FINZ are going to WIN! at least a few of us hope, as the fan base seems to be shrinking. But I am not a fair weather fan, I just want to see MY FINZ at the top. This game is significant because the loser could well take the first pick in the 2017 draft, while hte other team will probably get about the 3rd or 4th pick

VIKINGS
@ Panthers I know this is a risky pick on the road, as the Panthers tend to play better at home, but the Vikings just look too good right now

Broncos @ BENGALS The Stripey Cats MUST win here, and at home, against a team that struggled against the Unlucky Colts last week, they should have no problem taking down the four legged omnivores

CARDINALS @ Buffaloes The Pesky Red Birds showed their true colors last week when they thumped the Buccaneers. Look for a similar are whipping on the road...or even a mass slaughter of Buffaloes.

Raiders @ TITANS Well I don't even know anymore

Rams @ BUCCANEERS are my lock for the week No Smoking Winstons here, but it will be smoking hot Sunday afternoon, which is why we are staying inside.

49ers @ SEAHAWKS I like the Birds at home more than the 49ers on the road
STEELERS @ Eagles I think the Eagles had it easy the first two weeks, but this Sunday, what the Steelers will bring is devastation to Philadelphia in this intra-state matchup.

JETS @ Chiefs Of course, it depends on which Chiefs show up, but the Jets seem to be in a groove right now

Chargers @ COLTS They have got to get Lucky sooner or later And the Chargers, well, they are coming in without the starting RB and WR

Bears @ COWBOYS This would be the "Crummy game of the week" The Cowboys are not that good and da Bears not that healthy

Falcons @ SAINTS When they made the schedule, did they have any idea how bad these two would be? I mean, this will be two weeks in a row that Monday night football has served as a great sleeping pill.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:59 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
NFL Week 3 -- Yikes! Too many QUESTIONS!

Texans @ Patriots – Will Houston get a W? Brady in slammer (Week TRES)
Ravens @ Jaguars – Will Dirty Birds chortle at Blake Bortles?
Redskins @ Giants – Will Eli take NY to 3-0?
Lions @ Packers – Green Bay worries me - and I’m still pickin ‘em?
Browns @ Dolphins – Fins at home – can’t lose, right?
Vikings @ Panthers – What? Is Sam Bradford for real?
Broncos @ Bengals – Will Red Rifle shoot down Denver D?
Cardinals @ Bills – Will Buffalo put up a valiant fight?
Raiders @ Titans – Will the Black & Silver outlast Tennessee?
Rams @ Buccaneers – Will the Lambs lose their way in Tampa Bay?
49ers @ Seahawks – Will Seattle’s O-line finally protect Wilson?
Steelers @ Eagles – Will Wookie Wentz humble Big Ben - in the Battle of Wentzylvania?
Jets @ Chiefs – Will Airplanes soar over KC?
Chargers @ Colts – Will Bolts find a way to go zzzzzzt?
Bears @ Cowboys – Hey, Dak! Is America’s Team back?
Falcons @ Saints – Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:54 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 7-9
Season: 18-14 As the Large cat said, at least it is better than the Bears

Texans @ Patriots: Might be wishful thinking but a third string QB?
Ravens @ Jaguars: Jags are not who they were predicted to be
Redskins @ Giants: Eli at home
Lions @ Packers: Time for the Pack to turn things around
Browns @ Dolphins: Do the Browns have a QB?
Vikings @ Panthers: I'm liking the Sam Bradford story
Broncos @ Bengals: From the top of the mountain in my backyard I can see Mile High Stadium
Cardinals @ Bills: Cards got off to a slow start, but are a much better team
Raiders @ Titans: Weak defense against an offence that COULD be good
Rams @ Buccaneers: Bucs are at 19 points per game, the Rams, less than 5
49ers @ Seahawks: Seahawks at home
Steelers @ Eagles: Hope I am wrong
Jets @ Chiefs: Jets are hot, Chiefs are not
Chargers @ Colts: I grew up in Indy and am feeling Lucky
Bears @ Cowboys: My two least favorite teams, hope they both lose.
Falcons @ Saints: The Falcons got hot for a week , but it is the Saints at home

Old 09-20-2016, 10:08 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,460,587 times
Texans @ Patriots-It's looking bad for the Patriots with their 3rd-string QB starting and Gronk possibly being out again in Week 3 against a tough Texans defense. But it's the Patriots. They'll find a way to win even if it means running the wildcat with emergency QB Julian Edelman under center. Thursday games come down to preparation, and I'll take Belichick on a short week for that reason alone.

Ravens @ Jaguars-Jags were supposed to be an up-and-coming team, but they can't be that good if they got spanked by the Chargers, can they? Ravens D is returning to excellence and should be able to stop Bortles and company enough for the win.

Redskins @ Giants-While it's true that Kirk Cousins has been awful so far this season and that loss to the Cowboys was excruciating to watch, it's worth noting the Redskins defense has given up more points than any other team in the NFC in the first 2 weeks. That doesn't bode well for them as they face a Ben McAdoo offense.

Lions @ Packers-The Lions won in Green Bay last season for the first time in a long time, but the Pack will get back to winning against a subpar Detroit squad. This will be yet another close game for both teams.

Browns @ Dolphins-The Fins will win big against the Browns who will be starting their 3rd-string rookie QB. Browns were up 20-2 in the first quarter against the Ravens last week, but predictably blew it in typical dumpster-fire fashion. Browns need to do a better job of protecting their QBs. They have a new starting QB every week due to injuries. They might be the first team to go through 16 QBs in a season.

Vikings @ Panthers-Vikes are looking tough early, but I don't think there's any way they can go into Charlotte and get a win without AP against Superman.

Broncos @ Bengals-Siemian has been serviceable at home so far, but he will have a rough time in Cincy against a quality Bengals team.

Cardinals @ Bills-Carson Palmer and the Cards continue cruising against a struggling Bills team.

Raiders @ Titans-Raiders offense trumps Titans defense in this close battle.

Rams @ Buccaneers-Greg Zuerlein smokes a Winston as the Rams win yet another football game without breaking a plane.

49ers @ Seahawks-Well, the 49ers spanked the Rams 28-0 in Week 1 and the Seahawks lost to the Rams in Week 2, so logic would dictate... Forget logic. This is the NFL, and the Seahawks will find a way to eke out an ugly win at home. I will say I'm extremely impressed with my 49ers and how well Blaine Gabbert has run Chip Kelly's offense so far. I was ecstatic after their 19-point loss to the Panthers. They were actually in it for most of the game. I was expecting a much worse shellacking than that. 49ers have been a much better team than the Seahawks so far and that feels weird to type.

Steelers @ Eagles-Carson Wentz is a wunderkind, but he will meet his match in the Steelers and Wentzylvania will return to a Steel City state again.

Jets @ Chiefs-Chiefs are notoriously slow starters, but they were a hot team last year. They have enough talent to eke out an ugly win against the Jets at Arrowhead.

Chargers @ Colts-The banged-up Chargers will jump out to a 21-0 lead only to lose in the 4th quarter to Luck and company. That seems to be common for the Bolts even though they actually won last week.

Bears @ Cowboys-I'll take Da Bears just because I can't pick the Cowboys.

Falcons @ Saints-I will take Drew Brees on Monday Night Football at home every time. He will win this week's shootout against Matt Ryan who is red hot right now.

Last edited by maniac77; 09-20-2016 at 10:21 PM..

Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Last Week: 7-9
Season: 18-14

Texans @ Patriots

Ravens @ Jaguars
Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Packers

Browns @ Dolphins

Vikings @ Panthers
Broncos @ Bengals
Cardinals @ Bills
Raiders @ Titans

Rams @ Buccaneers

49ers @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Colts
Bears @ Cowboys

Falcons @ Saints

Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
according to the math...

HOU @ N.E.

MIN @ CAR
DET @ G.B.
BLT @ JAX
AZ. @ BUF
OK. @ TEN
CLV @ MIA
WSH @ NYG
DNV @ CIN

S.F.
@ SEA
L.A. @ T.B.

NYJ @ K.C.
S.D. @ IND
PTS @ PHL

CHI @ DLS

ATL @ N.O.

season 20 - 12

Old 09-21-2016, 05:26 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
Texans @ Patriots
Ravens @ Jaguars
Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Packers
Browns @ Dolphins
Vikings @ Panthers
Broncos @ Bengals
Cardinals @ Bills
Raiders @ Titans
Rams @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Colts
Bears @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Saints
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football