U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM

4,890 posts, read 3,978,050 times

Advertisements

The CAT is 25 and 23 which is still good enough for first place in the AFC South, so far This week, I Pick.......

Dolphins @ BENGALS I have not Picked a Thursday Night Game correctly yet, so this one is closest to a lock/sure thing that there can be in the NFL ...right? I am sure MY FINZ will flop like fish out of water.

Colts @ JAGUARS They have to win one eventually. They play better at home, and Luck may have run out for the baby horses this week. Jaguars eat the Colts.

Buffaloes @ PATRIOTS I have yet to pick the Patriots this season, and they continue to win on the way to a 16-0 aseason. They continue to win by simply scoring more points than their enemies.

Titans @ TEXANS The Texicans continue to play well against lesser teams, The Titans are a lesser team.

LIONS @ Bears Last week, the bears had to suit up 4 rookies in the defensive backfield due to injuries to the starters. This week, they wil probably have to hand out walkers and wheelchairs to them as well.

Panthers @ FALCONS Well, I was wrong about the Falcons Then again I was wrong about a lot of things, but oh well.

SEAHAWKS @ Jets This will come down to a defensive battle. The Way the Jets crashed last week, I would not blame Fitzpatrick for drinking with Manziel Monday morning.

RAIDERS @ Ravens I hate to pick the Autumn WInd because they have let me down so many times befroe, but they may a be a little too much for Flacco and company this week.

Browns @ REDSKINS Tribe best focus on what nearly happen in Miami. Then again, there was an excuse for that.....

Broncos @ BUCCANEERS Time to stop smoking Winstons. The Horses fly in, the humidity, heat and brutal oppressive September heat (Even if it is October) causes them to slow down, and Winston finds his groove.

Rams @ CARDINALS The Pesky Red Birds bounce back, finish 8 -8 for the season, forcing me to reconsider the empty wallet I have thanks to NFL Merchandise.

Cowboys @ 49ERS The Cowboys defense sits this one out, the 49ers at home manage to eek out a win against the leagues worst-coached team.

Saints @ CHARGERS The CHARGE-ITS! Manage to find a way to win at home, despite the great QB that the Saints have. Wait...is this 1978 ?
Chiefs @ STEELERS Not just win, they WRECK The Chiefs just out of anger
Giants @ VIKINGS Finally, a MNF Game worth staying up for.

Bye Week Packers EAGLES Somehow they win even though they are not playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,368,152 times
Last Week: 8-8
Overall: 25-23

Dolphins @ Bengals
Colts @ Jaguars
Bills @ Patriots
Titans @ Texans
Lions @ Bears
Panthers @ Falcons
Seahawks @ Jets
Raiders @ Ravens
Browns @ Redskins
Broncos @ Buccaneers
Rams @ Cardinals
Cowboys @ 49ers
Saints @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Steelers
Giants @ Vikings

Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 PM

6,778 posts, read 10,181,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Bye Week Packers EAGLES Somehow they win even though they are not playing.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:51 PM

10,700 posts, read 11,099,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Raiders @ Ravens Dirty Birds outlast Oakland
I thought the "dirty birds" were the Falcons?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:37 PM

6,778 posts, read 10,181,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Having a husband who is a Saints fan, the Dirty Birds are definitely the Falcons.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:43 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,129,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Having a husband who is a Saints fan, the Dirty Birds are definitely the Falcons.
Well... yeah... sure... but... here's the way ol' Colt sees REAL life in the NFL (in a nutshell):

Art Modell stole Baltimore from Johnny U's Colts after he snuck outta Cleveland at midnight and left the Browns and their band of renown (the Dawg Pound) in a world of hurt.
Then he kicked the Colts brand over to Indianapolis who were more than happy to accept stolen goods.
He then came up with the dumbest name EVER: the Ravens (?) who because of their UGLY history have since been renamed the REAL Dirty Birds by Colt Cassidy who sincerely believes that Atlanta's Falcons are squeaky clean by comparison (except to Saints fans).
All that to say that the DIRTIEST of ALL DIRTY BIRDS are currently in Baltimore!

Old 09-28-2016, 06:37 AM

4,890 posts, read 3,978,050 times
Of Course, we can ALL agree on who the PESKY RED BIRDS are.....Right ?

Old 09-28-2016, 06:47 AM

5,225 posts, read 5,100,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

Art Modell stole Baltimore from Johnny U's Colts after he snuck outta Cleveland at midnight and left the Browns and their band of renown (the Dawg Pound) in a world of hurt.
Then he kicked the Colts brand over to Indianapolis who were more than happy to accept stolen goods.

Inaccurate chronology. Amusing, nonetheless.

NFL franchises have changed location as long as there has been an NFL.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:39 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,129,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Of Course, we can ALL agree on who the PESKY RED BIRDS are.....Right ?
Yessiree, Cat Man! Hoping for a complete healing before any more near-death experiences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Inaccurate chronology. Amusing, nonetheless.

NFL franchises have changed location as long as there has been an NFL.
True.

However, franchises are one thing. A city's sports name is yet another. Too many costly mistakes are/were made. Too many cities are/were hurt. Fans hearts are/were broken. There needs to be a much better system in place other than to allow owners to grab sports names away to other areas.

A city or certain area should develop a way to ensure the right to keep sports names in the original city/area which helped to make them famous, or at least relevant. It shouldn't be all or only about the current owner's promises or money. Owners are too flighty and whimsical. If owners want a franchise, fine. They can go and create a new name for it. It's done all the time.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,941,393 times
Dolphins @ Bengals
Colts @ Jaguars
Bills @ Patriots
Titans @ Texans
Lions @ Bears
Panthers @ Falcons
Seahawks @ Jets
Raiders @ Ravens
Browns @ Redskins
Broncos @ Buccaneers
Rams @ Cardinals
Cowboys @ 49ers
Saints @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Steelers
Giants @ Vikings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football