Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:32 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times

Advertisements

I'm probably a week late on picking my Bills for an upset pick but since I'm sure 95% of the board will pick the Pats, I'm going to go ahead and pick the Bills.

Dolphins @ Bengals

Colts @ Jaguars
Bills @ Patriots
Titans @ Texans

Lions @ Bears
Panthers @ Falcons

Seahawks @ Jets
Raiders @ Ravens
Browns @ Redskins

Broncos @ Buccaneers
Rams @ Cardinals

Cowboys @ 49ers
Saints @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Steelers
Giants @ Vikings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 01:09 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
I had a great first week...and have been slightly under .500 since. On the bright side, this is the second week in a row that I will pick the Thursday game so that is something! Ha.

Last Week: 8-8
Season: 26-20

Dolphins @ Bengals - Surely the Bengals cant mess this up, right? At home vs inept 'Phins?
Colts @ Jaguars - Surely the Jags cant mess this up, right? Im beginning to wonder if Bradley isnt a good head coach...
Bills @ Patriots - The Bills wont win the game, I dont care who is at QB for the Pats. I nominate C-D football regular, susancruzs, to start for the Pats this week. New England will win. If Brady wasnt returning for the next game, I would nominate another one of you. We will all take a turn quarterbacking the Pats to the playoffs! (And I am saying that not being a Pats fan!)
Titans @ Texans - Surely the Texans cant mess this up, right? (Sense a theme here?) Titans are more inept than Houston, right?
Lions @ Bears - Oh, the Bears cant win this game. The Bears will mess this up. I will be glad when networks stop putting them on national televison for awhile. They have been bad for awhile, and they are unwatchable.
Panthers @ Falcons - I never trust the Falcons, so I will pick Carolina.
Seahawks @ Jets - I never trust Ryan Fitzpatrick either, so I will go with the banged up Russel Wilson and Seattle.
Raiders @ Ravens - Baltimore has barely been getting by, but I am still going to pick them since they are home against Oakland
Browns @ Redskins - I dont know who I would pick Cleveland over
Broncos @ Buccaneers - Bucs wont win this game. Jameis wont beat this defense.
Rams @ Cardinals - Who is Carson Palmer now? Rams arent terrible and they can be a nuisance, but since Arizona is at home, I will go with the redbirds.
Cowboys @ 49ers - Dallas wont have a problem here.
Saints @ Chargers - I dont like either team here, but SD is at home, NO is on the road--sounds like the perfect formula for a Charger victory.
Chiefs @ Steelers - I dont trust KC on the road in Pittsburgh with Steelers coming off an embarrassing loss.
Giants @ Vikings - At some point, Sam Bradford will show his true form--not this week. Plus, that Vikes D is for real. Giants blew golden opportunity last week. They will leave Minnesota at .500 for the year.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:42 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
We will see how the Browns do on Sunday because the missed field goal after the turnover really hurt them. They reason why they lost the game because of the poor punt by Britton Colquitt which set up Miami in very good field position.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:13 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,227,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
We will see how the Browns do on Sunday because the missed field goal after the turnover really hurt them. They reason why they lost the game because of the poor punt by Britton Colquitt which set up Miami in very good field position.
The reason they lost the game is because they are the Browns....

Old 09-28-2016, 06:40 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The reason they lost the game is because they are the Browns....
we will see if they remain the Browns

Old 09-28-2016, 08:09 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Miami @ Cinci

Will get the rest in later.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:47 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Bengals
Colts
Texans
Redskins
Jets
Bills
Panthers
Raiders
Lions
Broncos
Cardinals
Chargers
49ers
Steelers
Vikings

Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
My pick for tonight:

Dolphins @ Bengals: Bengals. I saw today that Dalton is 5-9 or something like that in prime time starts. No wonder the Bengals playoff record is so bad: all the playoff games are prime time games! But Dalton's record in a color rush uniform is 0-0. A clean slate. And going up against a Dolphins team that got taken to the mat by the Browns may be just what the doctor ordered.

I'll get the other games up later tonight.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:57 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Last week: 8-8
Season: 28-20.

Time to get back on track this week starting with:

Dolphins @ Bengals. I thought this game was in Florida for some reason, but I was still probably going to pick the Bengals anyways. Dolphins were lucky to escape with a win against the pitiful Brows Sunday as they really should have lost, while the Bengals are looking to rebound from 2 straight losses....of course the Steelers & Broncos are 2 pretty good games, so no shame in losing those 2 games.
As usual, I'll get the rest in Saturday evening.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
My pick for tonight:

Dolphins @ Bengals: Bengals. I saw today that Dalton is 5-9 or something like that in prime time starts. No wonder the Bengals playoff record is so bad: all the playoff games are prime time games! But Dalton's record in a color rush uniform is 0-0. A clean slate. And going up against a Dolphins team that got taken to the mat by the Browns may be just what the doctor ordered.

I'll get the other games up later tonight.
And on with the rest of them:

Colts @ Jaguars (in London): Colts. And just like that the Colts are back in it at 2-2 but still fundamentally flawed.

Titans @ Texans: Texans. The Texans just lost a game 27-0 then turned right around and lost J.J. Watt. Time for that $72 million QB to step up!

Browns @ Redskins: Redskins. Here in the Redskins market they are calling the win over the Giants as "season saving" even in week 3. Next up is a feisty Browns team, but a team the Redskins should be able to put away.

Seahawks @ Jets: Seahawks. These two teams are looking like a M.A.S.H. ward right now. Imagine being Ryan Fitzpatrick right now: throwing 6 INTs one week then facing off against the Seahawks defense the next. (Then stopping at the bank and cashing that massive game check on the way home.) Yeah...I guess ole Fitz has it pretty good.

Bills @ Patriots: Patriots. And all the Pats haters go crazy as the Evil Empire finishes Brady's suspension period 4-0. It occurred to me today as I was in the gym and an interview with Rex Ryan came on ESPN: Rex Ryan is a great entertainer. Unfortunately for the Bills, Bill Belichick is a great football coach.

Panthers @ Falcons: Falcons. Wow, this one is tough. The Panthers have a really good offense and a good defense but things haven't started clicking yet. The Falcons have the league's highest scoring offense but almost no defense to speak of. And it's a division game so it's anyone's guess what's going to happen.

Raiders @ Ravens: Ravens. The knock on the Ravens is the teams they've beat en route to a 3-0 start are a combined 1-8. As for the Raiders, I picked against them last week thinking their shoddy defense would be just what the Titans needed to get their anemic offense going. Instead it was the Raiders defense that stepped up its game. But not lost on me is that high-flying Raiders offense was held to 17 points once they played a defense that wasn't bottom-tier.

Lions @ Bears: Lions. With the way the NFL has slated prime time games this year I'm surprised this snoozer isn't the MNF game for the week.

Broncos @ Buccaneers: Broncos. The Bucs pass on over 67% of their offensive snaps. The Broncos run defense is allowing 127 yards per game. Will the Bucs change their game plan or will they challenge the No Fly Zone?

Rams @ Cardinals: Cardinals. A 1-2 start has got to be considered slow out the gate for this Cardinals team of "All or Nothing" fame. As for the Rams, this is Jeff Fisher's first 2-1 start since his arrival in St. Louis. And Los Angeles.

Saints @ Chargers: Chargers. Take the over. That is all.

Cowboys @ 49ers: 49ers. Dak Prescott has been impressive as has Ezekial Elliot, and that Cowboys defense is actually better than I expected it would be. But the 49ers are not the dumpster fire I expected they'd be either. Plus the Cowboys may be missing Dez Bryant.

Chiefs @ Steelers: Steelers. Good teams like the Steelers respond after getting railed the way they did against the Eagles. The Chiefs put on an 8 turnover clinic on defense against the Jets but struggled to cash in, totaling just 10 offensive points. That won't be enough to keep up with the Steelers in their own house.

Giants @ Vikings: Vikings. They are playing lights out on defense and looking pretty good on offense too. After the injuries and setbacks, they've shown some incredible resiliency early on in this season.

Byes: Packers and Eagles

my totals:

Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 8-8
Total: 28-20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football