U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2016, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,763 posts, read 4,252,408 times
Reputation: 3829

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
This is a bad idea What happens if your top player injures himself. Then people would complain to change it back with the bye week the way it is now. Losing a player during a game that means something is one thing, losing one during a drill-that doesnt mean squat, is another.
It's not like it would be a contact drill. If a player gets hurt throwing a football through a target, probably shouldn't be playing in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2016, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Southern California
141 posts, read 93,847 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
It's not like it would be a contact drill. If a player gets hurt throwing a football through a target, probably shouldn't be playing in the NFL.
Well you have to understand that a lot of these players are nursing injuries. For example, Russell Wilson has a bummed knee and ankle. If the Seahawks were your team, would you want him to participate in these drills? Risk further aggravation by competing in throwing a football through a tire?

There is a level of competition in these drills you mentioned, its not like a tiptoe through the tulips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2016, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,763 posts, read 4,252,408 times
Reputation: 3829
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
Well you have to understand that a lot of these players are nursing injuries. For example, Russell Wilson has a bummed knee and ankle. If the Seahawks were your team, would you want him to participate in these drills? Risk further aggravation by competing in throwing a football through a tire?

There is a level of competition in these drills you mentioned, its not like a tiptoe through the tulips.
It's not like every NFL player would participate. Just like the Pro Bowl, they would have the option to turn it down, based on injury or otherwise. I think you're making this much more of an issue than it really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2016, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Southern California
141 posts, read 93,847 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
It's not like every NFL player would participate. Just like the Pro Bowl, they would have the option to turn it down, based on injury or otherwise. I think you're making this much more of an issue than it really is.
You're right because it will never happen in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2016, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,270,043 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsp...92616.amp.html

Could this hurt Wentz & the high-flying Eagles?
I say no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top