U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:44 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,326,016 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsp...92616.amp.html

Could this hurt Wentz & the high-flying Eagles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 12:27 PM

7,132 posts, read 10,436,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

I'd have to say no. I think it gives Wentz and Doug P. even more time to get their game plan together. One of the things the Eagles have shown so far is that they have been completely prepared for each individual opponent.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:41 PM

7,092 posts, read 4,793,018 times
Remember before 02 when the Texans came into the league and there were odd numbered teams, 1 team was unlucky enough to have their bye in week 1 or week 17?? Talk about an early bye week! I think the best time to have a bye week would be week 8 or week, but I'd rather have a late bye week (week 10 on) than an early bye week (week 4 to week 6).

Old 09-27-2016, 12:45 PM

5,903 posts, read 4,494,302 times
I don't know why they just don't have a week off for everyone the same week. For instance, mid season. After week 8, everybody gets the next week off and then resume back in week 10.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:54 PM
YAZ

7,126 posts, read 12,109,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I don't know why they just don't have a week off for everyone the same week. For instance, mid season. After week 8, everybody gets the next week off and then resume back in week 10.

It would makes sense but the NFL would lose LOTS of TV revenue.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:56 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,707,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

Since 2002, the bye weeks have been the same weeks. Your title makes it seem as if the NFL changed the bye weeks to start earlier. That's not the case, they have spanned weeks 4-12 since 2002. It's just that the Eagles got week 4 this year that the article is making a case about it.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:58 PM

12,238 posts, read 11,920,303 times
Interesting idea, skinsguy, I like it, league probably wouldn't though??? Packers have the early bye with the Eagles and Packers weren't thrilled when the schedule came out. Of course, all teams want a bye in the middle of the schedule so a Sunday off for everyone not a bad idea!

Packers have injuries on defense, so early bye became better. Hopefully some players will be back before they face the Giants.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:44 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,326,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'd have to say no. I think it gives Wentz and Doug P. even more time to get their game plan together. One of the things the Eagles have shown so far is that they have been completely prepared for each individual opponent.
Yep. Seems to me that Wentz will be even more prepared - if that's possible? He's still a "rookie", after all - whatever THAT's supposed to mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Since 2002, the bye weeks have been the same weeks. Your title makes it seem as if the NFL changed the bye weeks to start earlier. That's not the case, they have spanned weeks 4-12 since 2002. It's just that the Eagles got week 4 this year that the article is making a case about it.
You're right, Skeet. It's mostly about the Wentzylvania Eagles and their current run. However... C-D encourages us to be creative with our thread titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Interesting idea, skinsguy, I like it, league probably wouldn't though??? Packers have the early bye with the Eagles and Packers weren't thrilled when the schedule came out. Of course, all teams want a bye in the middle of the schedule so a Sunday off for everyone not a bad idea!

Packers have injuries on defense, so early bye became better. Hopefully some players will be back before they face the Giants.
Sounds like it could sometimes be good news when it's a team's turn for the early bye week?

Old 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM

5,903 posts, read 4,494,302 times
The NFL could do some sort of all-star week that bye week. Maybe have some sort of competition like they used to have with the quarterbacks when they did the accuracy drills. They could do that, maybe some speed drills and competition with some of the top players in the league. I don't think the NFL would lose a lot of money. They're big enough that it wouldn't hurt them that much. Then all the teams are equally refreshed.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:01 PM

141 posts, read 97,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
The NFL could do some sort of all-star week that bye week. Maybe have some sort of competition like they used to have with the quarterbacks when they did the accuracy drills. They could do that, maybe some speed drills and competition with some of the top players in the league. I don't think the NFL would lose a lot of money. They're big enough that it wouldn't hurt them that much. Then all the teams are equally refreshed.
This is a bad idea What happens if your top player injures himself. Then people would complain to change it back with the bye week the way it is now. Losing a player during a game that means something is one thing, losing one during a drill-that doesnt mean squat, is another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football