Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 02:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,741,143 times

Advertisements

interesting article here;

Who is better: Eagles' Carson Wentz or Cowboys' Dak Prescott? | NJ.com

wentz is doing more, but then he is being asked to do more than prescott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 03:15 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,374,780 times
Wentz in my opinion. He's been looking very good so far this season.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:24 PM

14,310 posts, read 14,567,585 times
Wentz gets my vote, but then I am partial to the coach, want the Eagles to be successful!

Old 09-30-2016, 04:25 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,590,696 times
Quote:
who is better, carson wentz or dak prescott?
Wentz!

Old 09-30-2016, 04:34 PM

6,402 posts, read 8,951,784 times
Right now I'd go with Wentz. Too early to tell. With either guy, though, LA may have egg on their faces with Goff.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:09 PM

it seems to me they are similar production wise, though wentz does have five touchdown passes to prescotts one;

pass attempts

prescott 99

wentz 102

completions

prescott 66

wentz 66

yards

prescott 767

wentz 769

rushing stats

prescott 7 attempts for 54 yards and two touchdowns

wentz 9 attempts for 21 yards and no touchdowns

overall they are very similar after three games, and both of them were good choices for their respective teams.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:06 PM

45,392 posts, read 26,972,021 times
Eagles v Cowboys will be very interesting this year.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Eagles v Cowboys will be very interesting this year.
yes it will.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:58 AM

5,794 posts, read 5,572,480 times
We can't stress enough that three games is a small sample size, and both could very well suck the rest of the way...

That said, I'd say Wentz is better right now. He has the ability to make every throw (sails a few, but he'll grow out of that), and his field vision is masterful at his age. They both have the ability to keep plays alive, and both of them are running their offenses wonderfully...

Wentz has "Superstar" written all over him--as in, if he keeps this level of growth and production, he could rise to the level of Best Quarterback in the Game in 3-4 years...I don't see that same level of natural talent in Dak, however, I do see the outline of him being able to be, at worst, capable of prime Romo. And while prime Romo was never 'the' best QB in the game, prime Romo was very much elite, Top 5 status. I can see Dak becoming a Top 5-8 QB at the peak of his career. He'said gonna be good....

The biggest caution I have is how will they fare when they face adversity. And I'm not just saying this year, I'm also talking about Year 2, Year 3, Year 4. How a player handles adversity in his first 4-5 seasons tells everything you need to know; you don't magically break bad habits after Year 5 (see Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler)...

Lest we forget, there was a time when Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, and Cutler were all thought to be trending to elite Top 5 status. To date, there hasn't been a year either of them reached that level of consistency. Luck is still young enough and maybe could in a perfect world, but that remains to be seen. Different convo for a different day...

Anyway, both the Eagles and Cowboys have struck gold. Both should be headed towards very long and productive careers...

Old 10-01-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
We can't stress enough that three games is a small sample size, and both could very well suck the rest of the way...

That said, I'd say Wentz is better right now. He has the ability to make every throw (sails a few, but he'll grow out of that), and his field vision is masterful at his age. They both have the ability to keep plays alive, and both of them are running their offenses wonderfully...

Wentz has "Superstar" written all over him--as in, if he keeps this level of growth and production, he could rise to the level of Best Quarterback in the Game in 3-4 years...I don't see that same level of natural talent in Dak, however, I do see the outline of him being able to be, at worst, capable of prime Romo. And while prime Romo was never 'the' best QB in the game, prime Romo was very much elite, Top 5 status. I can see Dak becoming a Top 5-8 QB at the peak of his career. He'said gonna be good....

The biggest caution I have is how will they fare when they face adversity. And I'm not just saying this year, I'm also talking about Year 2, Year 3, Year 4. How a player handles adversity in his first 4-5 seasons tells everything you need to know; you don't magically break bad habits after Year 5 (see Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler)...

Lest we forget, there was a time when Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, and Cutler were all thought to be trending to elite Top 5 status. To date, there hasn't been a year either of them reached that level of consistency. Luck is still young enough and maybe could in a perfect world, but that remains to be seen. Different convo for a different day...

Anyway, both the Eagles and Cowboys have struck gold. Both should be headed towards very long and productive careers...
i agree with you overall. the biggest issue with both players though is going to be can they stay healthy over the years? both of them seem to be willing to throw the ball away when they have no play rather than try to force the ball to their receivers, and that tells me they will most likely throw few interceptions over their careers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football