U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 06:27 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times

Advertisements

Many people onboard that bandwagon, going to get crowded!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:45 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,870,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Many people onboard that bandwagon, going to get crowded!
I've been driving the bandwagon my whole life, there was a point in time *cough* CHILDRESS
*cough* when I was close to jumping off, but Zimmer has led me back to the conductor seat.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 PM

6,446 posts, read 3,455,004 times
Why are Patriots favored over Broncos?

Old 10-06-2016, 08:18 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,083,182 times
I think it's a couple factors:

1: Boston vs Denver. That is, the East Coast Bias in sports media. The only people I've seen deny it are East Coasters. When you get an East Coast team winning, nothing anyone else does will ever measure up.

2: BB and Tom Brady. There is no denying the Patriots are one of the most successful institutions in professional sports. Since 2001 no other team has been as consistently dominant as the Patriots. Even the Broncos have had several down years during this span. The Patriots have missed the playoffs only twice since 2001 and in both seasons they did (2002 and 2008) they lost their division on tie breakers with 9-7 and 11-5 records respectively. They've been to 6 Super Bowls and won 4 of them in this time. You can hate them all you want, but nobody can deny that's as good a run as any team has had in the Super Bowl era.

With that said, it's nice as a Broncos fan to know during this reign of dominance of the Patriots, only one team has consistently bested them. (Two if you count the Giants.) The Broncos have repeatedly beat up on the Patriots and stolen their lunch money. BB and Brady are 1-3 in the playoffs vs the Broncos, with the one win coming against the Tebow-led Broncos while Jake Plummer led the Broncos to a win over the Pats that snapped a 10-0 run and dealt the BB-Brady Pats their first playoff loss. More recently Peyton Manning led the Broncos to 2 wins over the Patriots in the AFCCG. I don't resent the media's love affair with the Patriots. I think to a large degree they deserve it. And watching the analysts predict 42-10 Patriots wins in the AFCCG last season made the Broncos win the more satisfying.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:59 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Twelve games to play yet, no awards are given for the first four weeks. A pretty strong statement there isn't a team that can stop the Broncos, I'll have to wait and see.
NFL Award Winners: MVP, Coach of the Year at quarter mark | SI.com

Old 10-07-2016, 06:25 PM

3,577 posts, read 1,775,211 times
Those guys appear to be debating who is going to pay for this masterpiece: Denver Broncos Super Bowl 50 Champions Trophy Collection DVD & Blu-Ray Combo Pack - NFLShop.com

Undefeated, improving, and #1 in the vaunted NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League power rankings: NFL Power Rankings, Week 5: Denver Broncos claim No. 1 spot - NFL.com

Meanwhile, New England just got their ass handed to them.

I have all the respect in the world for Brady and Belechik. But their record against a John Elway led Bronco team is almost miserable.

Right now....the Broncos could hardly look better. Best defense in the league and, this year, a potent offense. This is going to be great. You folks are going to get tired of all the winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

Old 10-08-2016, 02:18 PM

578 posts, read 330,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
And yet the broncos have been the last three season both regular and playoffs even with a back up qb last year,they still knock the patroits.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:19 AM

3,577 posts, read 1,775,211 times
The east coast/west coast bias in sports reporting is a common phenomenon. East coast being more prevalent....more writers/readers and viewers from the east coast.

For example: Bloomberg dismisses Colo. Springs, Pueblo as roadless, rural backwaters | FOX31 Denver

Old 10-09-2016, 02:25 PM

4,981 posts, read 11,046,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
And yet the broncos have been the last three season both regular and playoffs even with a back up qb last year,they still knock the patroits.
Again English please....

Old 10-09-2016, 03:50 PM

16,524 posts, read 20,969,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
English please
Yes. Tyrone, proofread your posts before you hit that "submit button", ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or