U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 08:19 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I must have miscounted because most of us picked Denver and it turned out San Diego won. I really screwed up on that game.
I had them as a tie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 09:18 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,488,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 7-7
Overall: 44-33

Denver @ San Diego. How will the Chargers lose this time?? Be on the Denver 2 yard line with 2 seconds left in a tie game, Broncos block the field goal and return it for a touchdown?? They haven't lost that way yet this year have they??

Baltimore @ NY Giants. Tough game to pick. This is one of those games that falls into the "pick the team you like least" scenario. That way if the Ravens do win I will gladly accept the loss in my win/loss total because it meant the team got a much needed victory. If the Ravens lose then that really sucks, but at least I can get the win in my win/loss total.
Indianapolis @ Houston. Indianapolis is NOT a good team (sorry they aren't!), so Houston should be able to beat them. They probably struggle to put them away, but after 60 minutes they should be in front on the scoreboard.
San Francisco @ Buffalo. Why do I think the Bills are going to $#%k this one up??
Philadelphia @ Washington. Have you seen the Eagles schedule to end the season?? Woof! With the opponents they have they'll be lucky to finish with 9 wins that's why they should take advantage of games like this after they blew one to the Lions last week.
Cleveland @ Tennessee. Both teams should have beaten LargeKingCats' Dolphins (sorry ), but the Titans were able to do it by 10+, so at home they should get this win. However this is probably Cleveland's last best chance to win as they don't get the Jaguars or Bears this year. If this was in Cleveland I'd probably pick the Browns, but I can't do it in Tennessee.
Carolina @ New Orleans. I think Cam will be back, so I'll take my chances on them throwing it early & throwing it often on that dumpster fire of a defense.
Jacksonville @ Chicago. Is it too late to export this game to London?? Not even people in Chicago care about this since the Cubs are actually relevant for the first time in 13 years.
LA @ Detroit. This is another one that's a tossup, but unlike the Ravens/Giants I don't have a team I like more or less over the other, so I'll pick the home side since I lost George .
Pittsburgh @ Miami. They lost to Tennessee and were extremely fortunate to beat Cleveland. Good luck!
Cincinnati @ New England. New England will roll them. Cincinnati, so far, has been very poor.
KC @ Oakland. Another risky pick, but Oakland's played 2 home games: lost at home to the Falcons, and had to come from behind against the Chargers last week. If they fall behind to the Chiefs I don't think the Chiefs are going to let them back in like the Chargers did, plus I'm not entirely sold on the Raiders closing them out even if they do actually take a lead.
Atlanta @ Seattle. 3 straight games in 3 straight weeks against the reigning NFC champion (Panthers), the reigning Super Bowl champion (Broncos), and a trendy pick to win the Super Bowl this year
Dallas @ Green Bay. You've been better than everyone expected, but today in Lambeau Dak.
NY Jets @ Arizona. Glendale will be a "no fly zone" for the Jets for 3 hours as they'll be grounded from about 8:25-11:45 PM Monday.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:01 AM

28,446 posts, read 15,432,286 times
Chargers (from earlier post)

Bills
Bears
Lions
Steelers
Patriots
Panthers
Giants
Titans
Eagles

Chiefs
Packers
Seahawks

Texans

Cardinals

Old 10-16-2016, 10:18 AM

9,416 posts, read 17,385,532 times
Broncos over Chargers

Eagles over Redskins
Bears over Jaguars
Steelers over Dolphins
Titans over Browns
Pats over Bengals
Ravens over Giants
Panthers over Saints
Bills over 49ers
Lions over Rams

Packers over Cowboys
Raiders over Chiefs
Seahawks over Falcons

Texans over Colts

Cardinals over Jets

Season: 48-29
Last week: 8-6

Old 10-16-2016, 11:01 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,103 times
7-7 last week, 43-32 season

As usual, missed the Thurs game, so here goes my predictions right under the wire:

49ers @ Bills
Rams @ Lions
Panthers @ Saints
Eagles @ Redskins
Cowboys @ Packers
Falcons @ Seahawks
Ravens @ Giants
Jaguars @ Bears
Steelers @ Dolphins
Bengals @ Patriots
Browns @ Titans
Chiefs @ Raiders
Colts @ Texans
Jets @ Cardinals

Last edited by IXCell; 10-16-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-16-2016, 12:00 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,103 times
The Giants are stinking it up so far...

Old 10-16-2016, 01:01 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Wow!

A few unusual twists and turns in the early games (so far)! Could prove to be rather surprising final outcomes. However, we'll see...

Old 10-16-2016, 01:11 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Giants are stinking it up so far...
So isn't Philadelphia. If it were not for a pick six and kickoff return, they would be in serious trouble.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:18 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times
Good game between Rams and Lions so far. Rams catch that was challenged by Caldwell stood.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:28 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Rams looking good and Lions are always a hard team to figure out. Looking at some of the scores, somewhat surprising some of these games!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football