U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 10:24 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,258,281 times

Advertisements

Good week in week 5. Now time for week 6 predictions:
Broncos @ Chargers
49ers @ Bills
Rams @ Lions
Panthers @ Saints
Eagles @ Redskins
Cowboys @ Packers
Falcons @ Seahawks
Ravens @ Giants
Jaguars @ Bears
Steelers @ Dolphins
Bengals @ Patriots
Browns @ Titans
Chiefs @ Raiders
Colts @ Texans
Jets @ Cardinals
Those are my predictions for week 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 05:27 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,655,484 times
11-3 last week

Overall: 46-31

Broncos @ Chargers
49ers @ Bills
Rams @ Lions
Panthers @ Saints
Eagles @ Redskins
Cowboys @ Packers
Falcons @ Seahawks
Ravens @ Giants
Jaguars @ Bears
Steelers @ Dolphins
Bengals @ Patriots
Browns @ Titans
Chiefs @ Raiders
Colts @ Texans
Jets @ Cardinals

Old 10-11-2016, 05:46 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,927,372 times
7-7 last week.
41-36 on the season.

Broncos
@ Chargers
49ers @ Bills
Rams @ Lions
Panthers @ Saints
Eagles @ Redskins
Cowboys @ Packers
Falcons @ Seahawks
Ravens @ Giants
Jaguars @ Bears
Steelers @ Dolphins
Bengals @ Patriots
Browns @ Titans
Chiefs @ Raiders
Colts @ Texans
Jets @ Cardinals

Old 10-11-2016, 10:44 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,127,516 times
Denver vs. San Diego
San Francisco vs Buffalo
Carolina vs New Orleans
Philadelphia vs Washington
Dallas vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Seattle
Baltimore vs New York Giants
Jacksonville vs Chicago
Pittsburgh vs Miami
Cincinnati vs New England
Cleveland vs Tennessee
Kansas City vs Oakland
Indianapolis vs Houston
New York Jets vs Arizona

Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times
NFL Week 6Bye Week for Minnesota & Tampa Bay

Broncos @ Chargers – Bolts find yet another way to go zzzzzzzt!
49ers @ Bills – Rex, Rob & Tyrod dismantle the Golden Gate Guys
Rams @ Lions – Lambs taste like chicken in Lions’ den
Panthers @ Saints – Nawlins gunslinger Drew outdraws Funky Cam
Eagles @ Redskins – Wow! Skins nearly beat Wookie Wentz!
Cowboys @ Packers – Wow2! “Nobody comes into THIS house… without paying the price!”
Falcons @ Seahawks – Original Dirty Birds take down West Coast Ugly Birds
Ravens @ Giants – Knockoff Dirty Birds knocked off by Eli, Victor & Blissful Beckham
Jaguars @ Bears – Pillow Fight of the Week: (?) Toss-up
Steelers @ Dolphins – Bumblebees overwhelm Fins in their home waters
Bengals @ Patriots – Ex-Jailbird TB too much for the Dalton Gang
Browns @ Titans – Pillow Fight of the Week2: (?) Toss-up2
Chiefs @ Raiders – Black & Silver too shiney for KC

Colts @ Texans – Andy & the Ponies stampede over Oz in Houston
Jets @ CardinalsHOMER ALERT! Homies Home in on Homefront

Old 10-11-2016, 04:09 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,057,471 times
I'm a geek, so, for my own interest, I compiled a list of my picking records for each team so far.

NFC East: 1) Giants 4-1 2) Eagles 2-2 3) Redskins 2-3 4) Cowboys 1-4
NFC West: 1) 49ers 4-1 2) Seahawks 3-1 3) Cardinals 2-3 4) Rams 2-3
NFC North: 1) Packers 3-1 2) Bears 3-2 3) Vikings 2-3 4) Lions 2-3
NFC South: 1) Bucs 3-2 2) Saints 1-3 3) Panthers 1-4 4) Falcons 0-5

AFC East: 1) Jets 4-1 2) Dolphins 4-1 3) Patriots 3-2 4) Bills 0-5
AFC West: 1) Chiefs 3-1 2) Raiders 3-2 3) Chargers 3-2 4) Broncos 2-3
AFC North: 1) Browns 5-0 2) Steelers 4-1 3) Ravens 3-2 4) Bengals 3-2
AFC South: 1) Texans 4-1 2) Jaguars 3-1 3) Colts 3-2 4) Titans 2-3

Obviously it's no surprise I picked all the Browns games correctly so far. Most people on this forum have done that. They're the biggest dumpster fire going, and this is coming from a 49ers fan. I was surprised that I haven't gotten a single Falcons or Bills game right yet. I'm especially awful at picking games involving NFC South teams. Anyway, here goes nothing. I can't do much worse than last week.

Broncos @ Chargers-Chargers would be 4-1 if they knew how to close out games. They have no trouble scoring points or putting themselves into a position to win, but it seems to be their M.O. to invent new ways to lose. If Paxton Lynch is under center, the Chargers should win this. They won't though. Broncos D will make just enough stops to get the win.

49ers @ Bills-Week 1 was indeed an anomaly. My 49ers are indeed the dumpster fire I thought they were. This is my lock of the week. I haven't picked a Bills game right all year, and I hope I'm dead wrong with this pick. But I'm not.

Rams @ Lions-Lions make it 2 games in a row at Ford Field. If they can beat the Eagles, they should be able to take the Rams at home, right?

Panthers @ Saints-Jeez! The Panthers sure did fall off the winning wagon. They've gone from Super Bowl runner-ups to somewhat of a disaster this season. I'm not sure what the deal is. I know Cam will probably be back for this game, but I don't think he will be able to outduel Drew Brees, fresh off a bye week, who has to be licking his chops after seeing what Matty Ice did to this Panthers secondary. If Panthers lose, they will be 0-3 in the NFC South.

Eagles @ Redskins-Kirk Cousins and company make it 4 in a row after a rough start and eke out another close one against the Eagles at home.

Cowboys @ Packers-I would love nothing more than to see a woodshed beating, but I'd settle for a Packers victory of any kind. It bears repeating that I hate the Cowboys.

Falcons @ Seahawks-I haven't gotten a Falcons game right yet. They're off to a hot start and had an impressive road win against a good Broncos team last week. However, the Seahawks have Russell Wilson in addition to a great defense. I think they'll barely win with a little help from the 12th man.

Ravens @ Giants-Giants look out of sync right now. Ravens are a formidible foe who will find a way to eke it out on the road.

Jaguars @ Bears-Bears have been playing okay with Brian Hoyer at quarterback, but they'll a terrible home team. I'll take the Jags coming off a bye week to win a close one.

Steelers @ Dolphins-My gut is saying this is going to be an inexplicable upset, but the Steelers are my pick to win the AFC. I'm going to keep picking them most weeks.

Bengals @ Patriots-Brady and Gronk are back, and the Patriots will keep dominating. The Bengals will have to start winning if they want to get into the playoffs and lose in the first round again.

Browns @ Titans-The question is will the Browns win a game this season? I think so, but not this week. This game presents one of their better chances for a win, but the Titans defense has been tough. Beside the Browns are down to like their 10th-string QB. I wonder if Terrelle Pryor will assume QB duties this week. That would be interesting to watch and might me the move needed to ignite something in a team that could use some passion.

Chiefs @ Raiders-Alex Smith and Andy Reid will find a way to get it done in this divisional matchup. Raiders have been eking it out, but their luck runs out here. Chiefs won't beat themselves like the Chargers did.

Colts @ Texans-The Colts used to own the AFC South. That is no longer the case as the Texans has taken over as the landlord of the division.

Jets @ Cardinals-I haven't picked the Jets all season. That strategy has served me well. Carson Palmer should have a field day against the Jets weak secondary.

Last edited by maniac77; 10-11-2016 at 04:27 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 04:35 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Broncos @ Chargers
49ers @ Bills
Rams
@ Lions
Panthers @ Saints
Eagles
@ Redskins
Cowboys @ Packers
Falcons
@ Seahawks
Ravens @ Giants
Jaguars @ Bears
Steelers @ Dolphins
Bengals @ Patriots
Browns @ Titans
Chiefs @ Raiders
Colts @ Texans
Jets @ Cardinals

Bye - Vikings, Buccaneers

Old 10-11-2016, 04:42 PM

10,677 posts, read 11,083,182 times
After another dismal week I am off to as slow a start as I can remember. I'm sure I'll have a couple weeks ahead where I nail it, but so far just keep missing on these games. No matter, as I keep saying, the unpredictable nature of the league is one of the things I like most about it.

So here are the picks that will carry me to an 8-7 finish in week 6 (Yes, I am even picking my own W-L record on this one):

Broncos @ Chargers: Broncos. First let me say that as much as I hate the color rush concept, I am relatively pleased with the general design of the Broncos uniform. Very reminiscent of the late 60s through mid 90s. I do wish they'd gone all white instead of all orange, but I guess it can't be perfect. The Broncos should be getting Siemian, Stephensen and Green back into the lineup, but lose HC Gary Kubiak for this one. The Chargers are 1-4 but those 4 losses are by a combined 14 points. Yes, they struggle to close and you can say that makes them a bad team since good teams find ways to win those close ones. But I don't think they're as bad as one may think when they see the 1-4 record. After this one, hopefully 1-5.

49ers @ Bills: Bills. The 49ers are making the switch at QB and that can either be a spark or an unmitigated disaster. The Bills are on a roll now with 3 straight wins and the 49ers offer them an opportunity to get that offense to the next level. Bonus prediction: Rex Ryan, following the Bills win, will make some quip about Kaepernick's protest kneeling. Something like: He can kneel at the beginning of a game. We'll kneel at the end of the game.

Eagles @ Redskins: Redskins. The NFC East is traditionally my worst division with my picks. The weeks I expect dumpster fire performances they kill it. The weeks I expect them to come through they fall flat. The Eagles got off to a great start but that early bye seemed to have upset the rhythm of that 1st year coach and rookie QB. The Redskins, similar to the Bills, are on a roll after an 0-2 start. They're a good team when they get that freight train rolling.

Browns @ Titans: Titans. This is the smart pick because...well, you know why. But if the Browns are going to avoid an 0-16 season, this may be one of the better opportunities to do so.

Ravens @ Giants: Giants. Is it just me or did the Giants ownership overpay for defense this year? I mean, if the Giants were shutting it down every week then maybe I'd feel differently. But they're nothing special. Oh, and that offense...even worse. Still, I am picking them because OBJ was seen hugging the goalie net on the sideline. Perhaps his kissing and making up with the practice equipment is a sign he is having fun again and that means good things for that offense.

Panthers @ Saints: Saints. My, how the mighty have fallen. 15-1 is a tough act to follow, but a 1-4 start? And now on the road against a Saints team coming off a bye...It doesn't look good for the Panthers.

Jaguars @ Bears: Bears. Games like this are really hard to predict. The Jaguars have assembled a pretty talented roster but they just haven't delivered. Meanwhile journeyman Bryan Hoyer has put up over 1,000 passing yards, 6 TDs and 0 INTs in just 3 starts with the Bears. Another game like that this week should be good enough to get them a win over the Jags.

Rams @ Lions: Rams. This is another one that's really tough, but I'll give the Rams the benefit of the doubt on the grounds of their defense. In the early goings of this season they have put together a pretty solid start to the season.

Steelers @ Dolphins: Steelers. I've heard it said about these Dolphins they are the Browns with nicer weather. Yeah...it's that bad in Miami right now.

Bengals @ Patriots: Patriots. Easy pick. No disrespect intended toward the Bengals, but they are struggling out the gate and get the Patriots in Tom Brady's first home start since his suspension. That game with the Browns was a nice primer for Brady, so don't be surprised if the Pats crack 40 in this one.

Chiefs @ Raiders: Raiders. A young team with some momentum to their back, some wins to their credit and a lot of belief they can win is a powerful thing. I've been pretty harsh on that Raiders defense, yet there they sit at 4-1. Meanwhile the Chiefs and Andy Reid are reeling from that drubbing at the hands of the Steelers, and have had an extra week to dwell on it. So they're going to come into this one ready to fight. I suspect it won't be enough.

Falcons @ Seahawks: Seahawks. Who did the Falcons **** off before the season started? @ Denver and @ Seattle in consecutive weeks? Did Matt Ryan steel the schedule maker's prom date in high school? But the Falcons start that pair of tough roadies with a win, so...

Cowboys @ Packers: Packers. Seems I always pick the Cowboys wrong, so my apologies to the Packers fans among us.

Colts @ Texans: Texans. This is suddenly an enticing matchup for the top spot in the AFC South. In other words, who's the tallest midget in the circus. (I fully expect to hear from the moderators for that comment.) Brock Osweiler can go a long way toward silencing some critics with a win over the Colts. The Colts, after another 0-2 start, are right in the thick of it within their division.

Jets @ Cardinals: Cardinals. I officially dub this game the "Heartbreak Bowl." After a 13-3 run all the way to an appearance in the NFCCG, as well as a 10-6 finish that was just outside good enough for a playoff spot, both of these teams had high hopes. Ryan Fitzpatrick is cranking out more turnovers than an English bakery. Meanwhile Palmer has cleared concussion protocol.

And there they are, my friends, the picks you've been waiting to read! Hope you are having a great day, a great week, and a great NFL season!

Old 10-11-2016, 05:50 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,127,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Denver vs. San Diego
San Francisco vs Buffalo
Carolina vs New Orleans
Philadelphia vs Washington
Dallas vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Seattle
Baltimore vs New York Giants
Jacksonville vs Chicago
Pittsburgh vs Miami
Cincinnati vs New England
Cleveland vs Tennessee
Kansas City vs Oakland
Indianapolis vs Houston
New York Jets vs Arizona

Los Angeles vs Detroit

Old 10-11-2016, 07:03 PM

4,885 posts, read 3,973,523 times
42-35

Need to cite the INJURY reports before I go making Bold Predictions. like these:
BRONCOS @ Chargers Thursday Night means that the Chargers will only have time to prepare for one quarter of play, as opposed to the usual two or three.....The Broncos just need to stay on the field after the half when the Chargers quit. Look for the Chargers to lead by 17 after the first quarter, tied at halftime, then the Broncos to score 30 to the Chargers zero the second half.

49ers @ BUFFALOES Hard to imagine the beating that Kaepernick will get, then again, it is hard to imagine Rex Ryan succeeding either. hard game to pick, but the 49ers are a bad team and the Buffaloes have a distinct home field advantage.

RAMS @ Lions I am going on an artificial limb here by predicting this many visiting team wins, but the Rock City Lions have shown as much consistency as the Rams, which makes methinks that Jeff Fisher will find a way to come in and win a close one. May just have to run it straight down the pike over and over again.

Panthers @ SAINTS Normally I would not pick Brees over Newton, but Newton may not even play. And the Panthers are a far cry from last years Super Bowl runner up . While the AINTS are not the Saints of years gone by, it is time they get it together and win one, I think this one may be the one.

EAGLES
@ Redskins The Eagles flew low last week and showed that they too can lose to bad teams. While I am hesitant to pick the visitor here, I do not like the Redskins mess enough to vote them into a win just yet. Even in an election year filled with other jokes.

Cowboys @ PACKERS Finally, the Cowboys lose, Prescott throws Interceptions and Elliot gets stuffed. And Rogers and Matthews finally get that Fly !

Falcons @ SEAHAWKS Feathers will Fly ! Expect a close Beak-Beater here when Birds Attack. Might this be a playoff preview ?

================================================== =============
------------------------------------A SUPER BOWL REMATCH-----------------------------------------------

RAVENS @ Giants
I am Picking the Ravens kind of IFFY here. The Giants have so many connection problems. They look a like a team that just almost has it together but not quite. The Ravens, a little less so. So Ravens in a close one, after all, it is October. Maybe the Ghost of POE will show up and give the GIANTS a good scare.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

[/b]JAGUARS @ Bears CRUMMY GAME OF THE WEEK Then again, anytime the Bears are on, I would consider it a crummy game. In fact, anytime the entire city of..... Oh Never mind.

STEELERS @ My Dolphins It would be prudent NOT To pick the home team when the game is played in Miami. MY FINZ are the epitome of a disorganized organization. Also, Tunsil is still injured (he fell in the shower) So look for the Steelers to put Tannehill on the ground 20-30 times as MY FINZ again have to bring in someone from the cheap seats to play left tackle.

Bengals @ PATRIOTS This was supposed to be a big game , until the Bengals started playing like it was 2010. Seriously, Brady and home, I'd love to see him lose, but Billicheck will not allow it.

Browns @ TITANS Aw alas, the poor Browns. The Titans are riding high after beating the other patsy team last week. Kind of reminds me of college football, when Alabama schedules a game against the Missouri School for the Blind just to get an easy win. In the NFL , teams schedule the Browns and Dolphins to pick up an easy win.

Chiefs @ RAIDERS I see the Raiders winning at home, and I do not quite see the Chefs coming in and having it together enough to take this one on the road. Oakland is not known as a foodie town, and that won't sit well with Andy Reid, who needs his pregame buffet.

Colts @ TEXANS Not the teams they were looking to be, but just enough home field advantage to eek out a win. Anyway, Everyone knows that they all ride Horses in Texas.

Jets @ CARDINALS The PESKY RED BIRDS will have to win the next 12 games in order to make it to last years record. They have another easy game this week, as the FAA announced that the Jets remain grounded because passes thrown by Fitzpatrick could be hazardous to fans sitting in the front rows.
---------------------------------------------------
Bye - VIKINGS, Buccaneers Vikings still fuming over fact that Lief Erickson was here LONG before Christopher Columbus showed up and got all the history books to talk about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football