U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 11:35 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,056,748 times

Advertisements

Bears @ Packers-Everybody needs to relax again. It's not like the Packers are 1-4. Yes, I don't see them winning the NFC North this year, but they should struggle their way to a Wild Card. They're very fortunate to have Da Bad News Bears coming to town this week. With the upcoming schedule Green Bay has, this feels like a must-win situation. It's an intense rivalry and it won't be easy, but either the Packers will find a way to win or Da Bears will find a way to lose on Thursday Night Football.

Giants @ Rams-The Rams have logged a lot of frequent flyer miles lately and will travel more than any other team this season. They went to Detroit last week and will have a much longer flight to London than the puddle jumper the Giants will have to take. Also, they play the game at 6:30 AM Pacific Time. The Rams team circadian rhythm will be all of whack and Manning and ODB will catch the Rams napping a couple of times. Basing my pick on travel is a new low in my crappy analysis.

Saints @ Chiefs-Drew Brees is a heckuva quarterback, but many greats have gone into Arrowhead and wet the bed. Chiefs will win this easily.

Colts @ Titans-Three wins in a row? This is not how I remember the Titans. Titans have a good defense and poor Andrew Luck will be running for his life again this week. Mariota has been looking good against subpar competition, and the Colts are a bad football team.

Vikings @ Eagles-Viqueens are coming off a bye week. Let's hope it broke their momentum and the Eagles soar here, but it's hard to pick against Minnesota right now.

Browns @ Bengals-Despite their bad record, the Bengals are not a bad football team. They've just had a tough schedule so far. This cupcake should get them back on track so they can make it to the playoffs and lose in the first round again. They will prevail in this Battle of Ohio.

Redskins @ Lions-I'll take Matthew Stafford for the third win in a row at Ford Field. Redskins have won their last four and I figure they're due for a loss.

Raiders @ Jaguars-Raiders are undefeated on the road this season. They've already got wins in Baltimore, Tennessee, and New Orleans so far. I expect them to add Jacksonville and Tampa Bay to that list the next 2 weeks.

Bills @ Dolphins-I'm convinced the Bills are the playoff-caliber team I thought they'd be this year. The losses to the Ravens and Jets are such head scratchers considering how well Buffalo has played since. A loss to the Fins would be a major setback, but I think they'll eke this one out.

Ravens @ Jets-Collectively losing their last 7 games this game qualifies as the Toilet Bowl of the Week. I'll take the Ravens in an ugly squeaker since I haven't picked the Jets all season.

Buccaneers @ 49ers-For this week only Colin Kaepernick channels his 2012 self to smoke a Winston!

Chargers @ Falcons-Falcons might hit their annual wall this week. I remember them going 6-0 last year only to finish 8-8. But I'll take them against a Chargers team that hasn't won on the road yet.

Patriots @ Steelers-Patriots would've probably won this even with Ben Roethlisberger playing. With Big Ben out, the Steelers have no chance.

Seahawks @ Cardinals-I like Russell Wilson and the Seahawks D to go into Glendale and win a great football game against a banged-up Carson Palmer and company.

Texans @ Broncos-Texans have taken over the Colts role as bosses of the AFC South. As beneficiaries of playing in a bad division, they'll get their victories and go to the playoffs. However, the Fighting Osweilers aren't a good football team and will have a rough day against a tough Broncos team that needs to get back on track after losing 2 straight games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 04:31 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Thursday night football is never high on fans list and this Thursday will be a case of which team has healthy players.

Injury report for Bears/Packers 24 players, 7 of 11 Packers already listed as out. Their #1 and #2 RB, #1, #2, and #3 corners. Shields was put on IR to make room for a RB they got from the Chiefs yesterday? Packers kept 7 WRs, only Lacy and Starks for RB, now both are out.

I'm not making excuses, Bears are in rough shape, too, but at least their QB is throwing for 300 yards every week!

Thursday games with the short turn around, not a good thing. Only positive in this case, no major travel involved for the Bears. Should be an interesting game to say the least.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:30 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
SCIENCE...

9 - 6 last week
53-39 season

CHI @ G.B.

NYG @ L.A.

WSH @ DET
MIN. @ PHL (upset*)
CLV. @ CIN
IND @ TEN
BLT @ NYJ
OAK @ JAX
N.O. @ K.C.
BUF @ MIA

S.D. @ ATL
T.B. @ S.F.(upset)

N.E. @ PTS(upset*)

SEA @ ARZ

HOU @ DNV
* against my better judgement...but hey...Science!

and these 4 games vs the spread...
(5-1 last week --- 6-3 for season)

Philadelphia (+2 1/2) vs Minnesota
Cleveland (+10) vs Cincinnati
San Francisco (+2 1/2) vs Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh (+7 1/2) vs New England

Old 10-19-2016, 06:24 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,893,740 times
Chicago @ GB

Will get the rest in soon!

Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,078,829 times
After 6 weeks I am a staggering 51-41. And when I say "staggering" I don't "surprising." More like staggering drunk. But tonight I have a secret weapon: I am making my picks for the week while watching the Presidential Debate. So watch out, board leaders, I am coming after you this week!

Now before I get to my picks, let's look at the two teams on a bye week. If before the season started someone told you that in week 7 the Panthers and Cowboys would be on a bye, one at 5-1 and the other 1-5, most of us would have assumed the Panthers were 5-1 and the Cowboys 1-5. And yet...it's the other way around. And THAT is why I love the NFL!

One to my picks!

Bears @ Packers: Packers. This game is just one more reason to hate the color rush fiasco. These two teams have some of the most classic uniforms in the NFL, and the league is throwing that away with color rush. I hope they knock that off next year.

Giants @ Rams: Giants. I've registered my objections to this game above. From a practical standpoint the Giants have a great advantage in the sense they are just 4 hours removed from their home time zone as opposed to 7 for the Rams. Seems flying from the East Coast to London is a lot easier than the West Coast. You know what would be better? Not flying to London at all!

Saints @ Chiefs: Chiefs. Can a team have some momentum behind them with only one win? The Chiefs right now have the feel of a team on the brink of a run. Their defense will have its work cut out for it against that Saints offense, but they have a lot working to their advantage. Playing at home on the heels of a big win over a rival is a nice place to start.

Colts @ Titans: Colts. The Titans really do look like they're on the brink of putting it together, but as is often the case with such team there are setbacks. The Colts are far better on offense than the Titans, but the Titans defense is a cut above the Colts. In a good matchup like this, I'm inclined to give the team with Andrew Luck on it the benefit of the doubt.

Vikings @ Eagles: Vikings. Both defenses are playing lights out ball, and the Vikings are looking decent on offense with a retread while the Eagles have a rookie QB that looked great to start, but has since stumbled. I trust a veteran like Bradford going against a stout defense over a rookie going against a stout defense.

Browns @ Bengals: Bengals. This is another opportunity for the Browns to avoid an 0-16 season. The Bengals are struggling and Marvin Lewis has admitted he misses Hue Jackson. I imagine after the Bengals win, Jackson will shake Lewis' hand and give the obligatory bro hug and whisper, "Good to see you again, Marvin. Tell the wife I said hello. I uh...may be available at the end of the season..."

Redskins @ Lions: Redskins. The Redskins have some serious momentum and are becoming a complete offense with the way they are suddenly running the ball. To top it off, their defense appears to have steadily improved in the past few weeks as well.

Raiders @ Jaguars: Raiders. Despite the 4-2 start, I question the Raiders ability to get it done on defense. The Chiefs have been inconsistent on offense and in horrid weather conditions rolled up a nice 26 points on that Raiders D. Their offense will keep them in front of a lot of the lesser teams, though, and the Jaguars are definitely a lesser team.

Bills @ Dolphins: Bills. The Bills are playing pretty solid defense, and they lead the league in rushing on offense. The Dolphins are 31st against the run. That's bad news for the home team.

Ravens @ Jets: Ravens. The Jets just made a switch at QB. Geno Smith. The Ravens defense has got to be licking their chops.

Buccaneers @ 49ers: 49ers. I don't know why. I just have a hunch.

Chargers @ Falcons: Falcons. The Falcons traded blow with the Seahawks in Seattle and fell just short. The Chargers had a potential game-saving season win over the Broncos but now have to square off with a pretty hot Falcons team. Don't let the Chargers record fool you though. And if you like scoring consider tuning in to this one.

Patriots @ Steelers: Patriots. This game lost a lot of luster with the news of Roethlisberger's surgery. The Patriots catch a bit of a break with this one, but they'd have been in it either way. And I won't count out the Steelers entirely, even with Landry Jones at QB. The Patriots take this one, and it has huge playoff implications later in the season.

Seahawks @ Cardinals: Seahawks. The Cardinals are rebounding after a slow start but now they have the Seahawks to contend with. The Seahawks had a slow start and are still 4-1, and now they are humming on all cylinders. Coming off a bye, they are going to be hard to stop.

Texans @ Broncos: Broncos. I don't think the Broncos defense has forgotton Osweiler's "best chance to win" comment shortly after he signed with the Texans. And it turns out the Broncos are just as well without Oz: Siemian and Lynch combined have better production than Osweiler through 6 games.

And those are my picks. I hope everyone has a great week 7!

Old 10-20-2016, 07:11 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,560,851 times
Wow, I'm used to these threads always picking my Skins to lose. I guess 4 wins in a row (3 against teams with winning records) will do that.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:11 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,172,492 times
Packers
Rams
Bengals
Lions
Colts
Chiefs
Bills
Jets
Vikings
Raiders
Falcons
Bucs
Patriots
Seahawks
Broncos

Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,920,980 times
Last week 5-10
46-46 on the season

Chicago @ Green Bay
NY Giants vs. LA Rams
Baltimore @ NY Jets
New Orleans @ Kansas City
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Minnesota @ Philadelphia
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Washington @ Detroit
Oakland @ Jacksonville
Buffalo @ Miami
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco
San Diego @ Atlanta
New England @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ Arizona
Houston @ Denver

Old 10-20-2016, 11:49 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,172,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Last week 5-10
46-46 on the season

Chicago @ Green Bay
NY Giants vs. LA Rams
Baltimore @ NY Jets
New Orleans @ Kansas City
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Minnesota @ Philadelphia
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Washington @ Detroit
Oakland @ Jacksonville
Buffalo @ Miami
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco
San Diego @ Atlanta
New England @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ Arizona
Houston @ Denver
The last time we both picked against our beloved Eagles was Week 3 vs. Steelers, and you know what happened that day. Let's hope it'll happen again!

Old 10-20-2016, 11:54 AM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Wow, I'm used to these threads always picking my Skins to lose. I guess 4 wins in a row (3 against teams with winning records) will do that.
Oh yeah. Who are they playing again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football