Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:34 PM

45,401 posts, read 26,992,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Good game for the Pack, especially in their white uniforms.

I like them. Did anybody else liked the Packers' white uniforms at home?
Thumbs up for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
how the NFL thinks WHITE is a COLOR?

Packers did not do color rush last year, 1st year teams could opt out, Packers did not want to do all green or all gold apparently. Packers are pretty rigid when it comes to their uniform.
I think the all white is to facilitate viewing for those who are color blind.

Started with Jets/Bills that was going to be green against red - which would be hard to discern if you don't see color.

Even the Bengals were all white... I thought those were good as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 04:21 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,375,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I hate the color rush uniforms. Actually, I hate TNF completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm you Calico on both points. I agree. McCarthy talked about short turnaround, practice limitations with the CBA, and fatigue and stress injuries. The Thursday product, regardless of teams, is never as good as Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Thursday games should be reserved for:
1) Opening night of the season
2) Thanksgiving. The night's playing football on a Thursday actually means something with history involved. Get rid of all these other Thursday night money-hungry games. The fans don't like them, the players don't like them, the coaches certainly don't like them.
Let's be fair, Goodell came up with this. I know the NFL is greedy about money, they want to make a lot of money by doing this. Why complain about it? It isn't a big deal. Besides, there's nothing wrong with Sunday night or Monday night football either.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:35 PM

Giants and Rams play in London, England on Sunday. You know, the NFL has got to stop being greedy about making money. If they want to play NFL games outside the USA, do it in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, anywhere in Canada. American football isn't a worldwide sport. Who thinks playing in London is a bad idea?

Old 10-21-2016, 04:51 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,588,158 times
They should move NFL to Saturday and put College on Sunday.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I don't think it's going to happen.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:09 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,954,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
college players shouldn't have to play on weekends at all, schools are hard enough as it is

...besides, they still have keggers to attend, don't they?

Old 10-22-2016, 12:15 PM

9,717 posts, read 7,404,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 9-6
Season: 53-39

Chicago @ Green Bay. If they can't beat the Bears at home.....of course they didn't last year either.
NY Giants vs. LA Rams (in London with a 9:30 AM start Sunday). is OBJ going to spend the extra week in London and have a honeymoon with the kicking net??
Baltimore @ NY Jets. Christ! If they can't turn over Geno at least twice and win....I don't know what I'll do.
New Orleans @ Kansas City. Points, points, points! Think the Chiefs can somewhat hold down the Saints.
Indianapolis @ Tennessee. Fun Fact #1) The Titans haven't won 3 straight games since the last 2 games of the 2013 season and the first game of the 2014 season; and haven't won 3 straight in the same season since weeks 2-4 of the 2011 season! Fun fact #2) The Titans have lost 13 of 14 and 9 straight against the Colts! Let's put both streaks to bed.
Minnesota @ Philadelphia. Just a feeling (but also as a way to make up or lose a game on the rest of the pack). Vikings aren't finishing undefeated, and going home after 2 tough road games I think gives the Eagles an edge.
Cleveland @ Cincinnati. Well, the Indians are in the World Series and the Cavs are raising the championship banner on Tuesday, so I guess if you are going to be the worst team in the league, you may as well do it in Cleveland where football is going unnoticed for the next week or two.
Washington @ Detroit. This is a classic Redskins trap game: sleep-walking and uninterested against a team they should beat. I've seen this story too many times from them before.
Oakland @ Jacksonville. Usually I avoid the West Coast team playing the 1 PM game out East like the plague, but Oakland, the last 2 years, has been OK in this spot....against better teams.
Buffalo @ Miami. No McCoy and still no Watkins for the Bills. The road team usually does a lot better in this series, but I think the Dolphins steal one.
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco. Kaep will not be smoking a Winston.
San Diego @ Atlanta. Not a 1 PM start, but the Bolts will still go lights out.
New England @ Pittsburgh. This had potential to be a great game, now CBS is probably wishing they swapped out Oakland/Jacksonville for this for the national game.
Seattle @ Arizona. Woohoo! The Cardinals got 2 straight wins against a dumpster-fire organization (Niners) and a dumpster-fire team in 2016 (Jets). They'll need to show a lot more than that before I pick them against a team like Seattle.
Houston @ Denver. The Osweiler bowl.

Byes: Carolina, Dallas. Dallas by 6 TD's.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:24 PM

I am convinced that Indianapolis will never get passed Tennessee because of how bad they are.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:13 PM

14,312 posts, read 14,570,852 times
I picked the Titans, I don't have a great deal of faith in the Colts. Luck isn't a bad QB, but give him some help. The GM coming out and saying he can't get players because of Luck's contract, one of the dumbest things a GM could say.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:29 PM

I agree with you Susan. I am losing confidence in the Colts. Pagano has to figure something out. Maybe the Colts need to get new offensive lineman that can protect Luck better and Luck is not the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football